[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boss Keys - Skyward Sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
Where were you when Skyward Sword had better dungeons than Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewa26q76fE
>>
File: Untitled.png (168KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
168KB, 640x918px
>>377256724
>cucktendo kiddy shit
no
>>
I haven't seen the latest few Boss Keys episodes, but I somewhat agree with what he has to say most of the time.
>>
I love SS, never understood the hate.
I played it for the first time last year though
>>
File: 1488021313257.png (310KB, 591x797px) Image search: [Google]
1488021313257.png
310KB, 591x797px
>>377257051
>obese sony cuck SEETHING

kek
>>
>>377256724
Truth. Everything great about SS is buried by a disappointing pile of shit. The dungeons were the one great thing about the game.
>>
>>377256724
Mark Brown's pretty alright.
>>
doesnt matter since their bosses and minibosses are complete shit, worst in the series.
>>
>>377257784
wind waker was worse
>>
>>377256724
Funnily enough, I have been playing the SS for the first time the past couple weeks, and to my own surprise also been greatly enjoying it.

The game is pretty, Skyloft top comfy, the characters are well fleshed, all the chicks are cute as a button, and it has perhaps the best Link x Zelda duo, ever. (mothefucking romance? Out of the box? In my Zelda??)

What comes to the temples.. theyre OK. Some really neat ideas and visuals. However, I would say that the video ignores the way the dungeons in SS work as these final showdown areas of the major locations you first explore.
>>
>>377257549
Everything about the Skyloft was great. Zelda a cute. The Imprisoned fights and timeshift stone trickery were awesome. The main antagonist was fabulous and for once not Ganondorf.
And finally: the OST is amazing, and very... non- Zelda fir most part.
>>
>>377256724
It has a few boss fights that are the greatest in the series, like Koloktos, and some of the best dungeons as well.

This is ruined by having some of the worst boss fights in history as well as some of the worst dungeons and linearity caused by backtracking of all time.
>>
>>377259778
wait until you get to the shitty padding. fuck that giant dick you're forced to fight 3 times.
>>
>>377260056
You can defeat him in 5 minutes
Git fucking gud
>>
He's really just talking about Sandship and Cistern when he praises it isn't he? The other ones (except the final one) don't have standout spacial reasoning.
>>
>>377260056
I'm almost done with the game. Already got Hylian Shield, 80 gratitude crystals, etc. Only last Silent Realm to go left.

The Imprisoned was cool and exciting as fuck. Totally not something I'd expect to see in a Zelda game. Also made me appreciate Groose in all new light, and actually dig the guy.
>>
>>377256724
>video starts with the idea that the challenge in Zelda 1 was getting through the maze, not the individual room puzzles
Thank you. Nice to see someone mention that, as opposed to just thinking that shoving around blocks was the point.
>>
File: file.png (841KB, 1170x714px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
841KB, 1170x714px
>>377256724
>>
>Lanayru Mining Facility
>Ancient Cistern
>Pirate Ship
Was it ever a question that Squidward Sword had the best dungeons?
It's the rest of the game that sucks ass.
>>
>>377257264
>I never understood the hate
I never understood posts like this. I love the game personally, but it had some major issues that I can see being a dealbreaker for some people, even if they didn't really bother me personally.
>>
File: 1349800252373.jpg (3MB, 2500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1349800252373.jpg
3MB, 2500x1600px
>>377262535
>>377262695
Call me weird as hell, but I dig REST OF THE GAME more than the dungeons.
>>
>>377262850
it certainly has the best waifus in the whole series.
I mean fuck, almost every female in this game is on-par with adult Malon!
>>
>>377262695
Even people who didn't like the game said that the timeshift stones were the best aspects. I personally enjoyed the swimming also, mainly because it was done fairly well and that's a rarity. It's just a lot of other things (like most things tied to motion controls) which didn't work.
>>
>>377256724
Everything he said hit home for me, I share alot in common with his ideas of good game design.
>>
>>377262720
I've always felt like most people don't even evaluate games as they play them. You read these posts all the time like "Wow, I can't even believe somebody would have that criticism" and the criticism is some obvious shit you noticed in the first half hour.
>>
File: Good dungeons, shit game.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Good dungeons, shit game.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>377262535
>>
it certainly is a better game than TP by a mile.
>>
>>377263179
I'd also argue the overworld was a huge problem.
SS had its dungeons, but dungeon design bled into the overworld and made it feel extremely restrictive, which it shouldn't be. I'm pretty the decision to do that came from the belief that Zelda games were /about/ the dungeons, rather than a blend of various things.
Eldin was especially bad, needing to trek along what is effectively a narrow tube of obstacles several times to reach the areas of interest farther up the mountain, it makes you know what people mean when they say there's a lot of padding.
Also just having the sky and 3 regions as seperate, unconnected areas devastated the sense of scale in the game, which is important in creating a feeling of adventure I think.
>>
SS is amazing fuck /v/
>>
File: orielle_by_bakaarts-d76ua9u.jpg (70KB, 747x1069px) Image search: [Google]
orielle_by_bakaarts-d76ua9u.jpg
70KB, 747x1069px
>>377265247
Amazingly, I agree.
Something I wouldn't had done a month ago.

Even has the best gurl. The fem-link redhead was qtie too, but he lusted the yellow hobo-Link's dick.
>>
SS would certainly do well with a remake.
Simply muting Fi, removing all the handholding bullshit, getting rid of most of the padding, and removing the waggle would make it way better.
I doubt they would put in the effort to fix the overworld since it would take a lot of time to unfuck that but the rest would all be easily done.
>>
>>377256724
when are you gonna realize this guy is a hack and only understands the most superficial, surface level aspects of game design
>>
File: 1494486599769.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494486599769.png
13KB, 657x527px
Skyward Sword was a great Zelda game. Unfortunately it got memed on for requiring an accessory if you didn't have a new wii with Motion+ built in, at the end of the console's life where it had already been blown the fuck open by hacking so it didn't sell well.

between SS link not being the new link design in smash bros and BotW sucking a gorillion dicks in every way imaginable, feels bad that such a great game went largely unappreciated.
>>
>>377256724
I mean, the dungeons still suck. The dungeons could've been better than the other shitty borefest dungeons which are the series norm at this point, but they weren't, and your video even says that. Handholding kills all of the good design.
>>
BOOOOOOORING
>>
>>377266895
wind waker cuck spotted
>>
>>377256724
I was busy not buying 3 consoles to play 3 games.
>>
>>377256724
>(mostly) praises Ancient Cistern and Sandship
>hates Fi

Shocking absolutely no one.

I am worried that he's gonna jerk off Breath of the Wild and completely ignore the game's flaws. All the signs are there.
>>
Zelda Cycle
>>
>>377270184
Stay pressed faggot
>>
File: 1476975680006.jpg (32KB, 491x358px) Image search: [Google]
1476975680006.jpg
32KB, 491x358px
>>377259968
>imprisoned boss fights were awesome
>>
>>377270184
of course he will ignore points
the videos are always completely positive or completely negative
he became a joke to me after his doom video
>>
>>377270860
>the videos are always completely positive or completely negative

this new one is literally about how he hates ss but has to admit he likes some of its design
>>
>>377270368
>least favorite part of Skyward Sword was the lack of enemy variety
>Breath of the Wild makes Skyward Sword look like Ocarina of Time in that respect

Does anybody seriously like bokoblins that fucking much?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.