[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which model do I get, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 679px-Ps3-fat-console.png (596KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
679px-Ps3-fat-console.png
596KB, 679x1024px
which model do I get, /v/?
>>
>>377256083
Doesn't matter because they both have no games.
>>
That depends.
Do you want to play PS2 games as well as PS3 games? If so, get a fat. If not, slim has more storage.
>>
>>377256083
Fat with CFW
>>
>>377256083
Late model hackable slim (CECH25XX, I think) , less likely to YLOD and all the vidya you can cram onto the hard drive.
>>
>>377256361
>If not, slim has more storage.
>he doesn't have a 500GB SSD in his Fat PS3
eh, kek
>>
>>377256439
>Late model hackable slim (CECH25XX, I think) , less likely to YLOD
Slims have horrible cooling. The Fats with heatpipes and big heatsinks are the bestest and quietest.

>and all the vidya you can cram onto the hard drive.
This doesn't matter as the hard drive is exchangeable, just get a few TB drive and you can have all the games for the system on it with CFW
>>
>>377256083
60GB Fat if you want a super system capable of running PS1, PS2 and PS3 games natively.

Normal Slim if you just want a good PS3 that still runs PS1 discs, and CAN be modded to have a decent but not flawless PS2 emulation in it as well.
>>
>>377256412
This. Specifically the CECHA fully backwards compatible model.

>>377256439
The only thing with this is that the PS2 playback won't support as many games. I mean, if you don't care that much because you already have a PS2 or emulate with PCSX2, then by all means just get a hackable slim. But, if you care about being able to pirate any PS2 game on PS3 with no issues, then get a original model fat. Possibly open it up and replace the thermal paste just to be safe.
>>
>>377256083
None because the PS3 has no games worth playing
>>
>>377256687
My 60gb fat doesn't run ps2 games though
>>
someone is selling a fat 60GB Japanese model, with the latest firmware meaning I can only play Jap PS1 and 2 games on it

is there a way to downgrade firmware on PS3 or is it locked in for good like on the Vita?
>>
>>377256412
I did this
Barely understand the CFW
Where the Hell do I find ps3 isos or folders or whatever anyways?
>>377256896
Don't fall for the backwards compatible ones
250+ on a ps3 thatll likely die on you after a month isnt worth it
Later models won't die on you as long as thermal paste keeps good
>>
>>377257220
You can downgrade any fat.

Also, if you hack it, it eliminates the region lock on PS1/PS2 games when you run isos.

>>377257282
PS3iso.com
PS3repack.com
A program called PSNStuff for PSN versions of games and DLC.
>>
File: hungary.webm (377KB, 318x180px) Image search: [Google]
hungary.webm
377KB, 318x180px
>>377256083
why do you want a ps3? aren't games backwards compatible on ps4?
>>
>>377257735
Ps4 only does ps4 games
They dropped the ball hard with that shot system
And they didn't even include ps1 emu. Or ps2 emu on the pro.
>>
>>377257735
ENRICHED
>>
>>377257846
good to know thx
>>
>>377257601
>You can downgrade any fat.
>Also, if you hack it, it eliminates the region lock on PS1/PS2 games when you run isos.
great news, does it hack the same way as a PSP
i.e install CFW and then just drag and drop ISOs as I please?
>>
>>377256083
The George Forman grill with PS2 backwards compatibility
>>
>>377258456
In order to downgrade, you need a hardware flasher. But yes, once you're on proper firmware (3.55), installing CFW is as simple as putting the CFW update on a flash drive, and installing it through XMB
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.