[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally inferior to the super nintendo in every possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: genesismodel1.jpg (375KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
genesismodel1.jpg
375KB, 1600x1200px
>literally inferior to the super nintendo in every possible way
>library is very sparse
>sounds like shit
>people still prefer it over the super nintendo

why?
>>
>>377246494
>why?
nostalgia+vidja jingoism
>>
Fanboism

The SNES was clearly better but the Genesis had some fantastic exclusives and I'm glad it exists for those games.

Even if they were ported to the SNES I don't think it would have sounded as good with the SNES sound chip, or felt as good to play with Nintendo's little controllers.
>>
being a contrarian is fun i guess
>>
>>377246494
fun is subjective
personally I like both
you don't have to pick sides
>>
>>377246494
What DRIVES the design of a console? Sometimes i always wonder how they arrive at the final designs. Look at it: those little ridges on the left.
What for? Grip? I wonder how much thought goes into the design and how they arrive at a final one.
>>
>>377246494
Fanboys I guess, I owned both and genesis did have some really great games but the SNES was really superior in nearly every way.
>>
Games were pick up and play, and harder
>>
Sega were the masters of arcade game ports, the audio while fucking terrible had its own charm, it even had some games sounding better on it than the SNES and it was cheaper than the SNES and its games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOoWRMLThk
>>
Super Nintendo games often got smacked with some horrendous slow down, none-the-less the Genesis could have more action than the SNES which would have crippled a SNES with slowdown. Just better action games on the Genesis over the SNES.
>>
Discussing the Genesis and Super Nintendo, is like discussing two different types of steak. They're both delicious, but have different attributes to make people like a certain group.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Genesis may have had the better shmup lineup, but this is still one of the best of that gen
>>
Why do you idiots always have to fight? The 4th gen all around was great. SNES and Genesis were both great systems. Everything was good back then, it was the golden age.
>>
>>377250086
Well done is a waste of a steak.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>377246494
DELETE THIS THE SEGA GENESIS WAS BETTER IN EVERYWAY
>>
>>377251401
>4th gen was playful banter
>5th and onwards turned into spite and hatred
What happened
>>
>>377251881
sony happened
microsoft happened
sega leaving happened
>>
>>377251881
>>377252092
Nintendo and Sega were in general just not ready for the kind of money Sony had
>>
>Best beat em up franchise
>Best sports games
>Can actually do run and gun action games without going slow motion
>>
Better games.
>>
>>377247690
and beatable in one sitting
>>
It has more games than aren't generic chrono trigger/final fantasy wannabes or bing bing wahoo
>>
>>377246494
>[tips plumber cap]
>>
Because jrpgs suck dick and Genesis has better action games
>>
>>377246494
Have a you, baitman.
>>
>>377255326
this
>>
File: sg-1000-sega-logo.gif (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
sg-1000-sega-logo.gif
4KB, 256x192px
>>377246494
>inferior in every possible way
the SNES came out two whole years later (it'd be fucking embarrassing if it wasn't better), also the Genesis is still faster (which is genuinely embarrassing)
>library is sparse
you fucking what
>sounds like shit
blame Sega for providing devs with an awful set of example patches with GEMS, there's a bunch of Genesis games with great music
blame EA for existing, because they didn't even try
blame Sega again since later models have a completely fucked amplifier circuit that ruins the sound quality completely (despite being otherwise designed to improve audio output quality)
>people still prefer it over the super nintendo
because it's got a cool library with a lot of pick-up-and-play action games
the general style of game that was on Genesis was different to that on the SNES -- doesn't matter if the games look nicer on SNES if the games you want to play aren't on the machine
>>
>>377246494
>>library is very sparse
>>sounds like shit

Really? It's been over 25 years since the systems were released and you waste everybody's time with last decades' console war?

The Genesis had a very large library of games, many of them exclusive to the console. As for sound, the SNES had more advanced sound hardware (more PCM channels) but the Genesis was capable of great sound and, truth be told, the music on the Genesis games were better than the music on the SNES. (This due to better composition and arrangement.)

Examples of great Genesis sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9COjyJVqQsU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrF3WPi_7uI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5JQAPyfVQ

There are plenty of other examples but those were some of the best.
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>377256180
>the music on the Genesis games were better than the music on the SNES
Give me some examples of this """better""" Genesis music, segacuck.
>>
>>377256272
Fucking idiot. I linked to them in the post.

It's obvious you don't have a brain so even if you hear the music, it won't matter because you haven't got the mental capacity to process it.
>>
>>377249203
>>377256129
>muh blast processing
You wish, faggot. Sure, on paper the 68k runs at a higher clock speed than the 65816, but the 816 can do WAY more per clock cycle than the 68k. So the Genesis is actually slower than the SNES. It's the same as a 1.4GHz Pentium 3 being faster than a 1.7GHz Pentium 4.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.