[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of Metal Gear Rising 2 being announced at E3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 2795320-rising.jpg (683KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2795320-rising.jpg
683KB, 2560x1600px
What are the chances of Metal Gear Rising 2 being announced at E3?
>>
HERE I AM
>>
0%
>>
>>377237682

But why?
>>
Very little. Platinum only has 4 teams and all of them just released a game in the past year. I don't get why everyone thinks this and Bayo 3 would make an appearance.
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>377237803
I don't know man. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>377237918

I guess you could say

IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY
>>
Who would pay for it?
>>
>>377237808

What about the team that cancelled scalebound?
>>
>>377238086
I'm including them.
>>
>>377237605
Honestly, I don't think it'll happen without Kojima at all.
>>
>>377238163

Is it possible your sources on their infrastructure are outdated and that they have more resources for game development now?
>>
>>377237605
The Metal Gear franchise is dead at this point.
>>
>>377238281
It is, I just don't think it's likely.
>>
>>377238278

Kojima didn't write the first one. Do they need him to give it the greenlight, legally speaking?
>>
>>377237605
Not high enough, this game needed to come out last year
>>
>>377238384
I mean legally speaking, they need Konami's greenlight. Not his.
>>
File: 2795319-rising21[1].jpg (95KB, 1905x979px) Image search: [Google]
2795319-rising21[1].jpg
95KB, 1905x979px
>>377237803
Because they already teased Metal Gear Rising 2 and then cancelled it before it was ever officially announced.
>>
File: Chitincap Cat.jpg (53KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Chitincap Cat.jpg
53KB, 700x525px
>>377238473
>>377238384

I dunno...I think Kojima may have some little bit of legal rights to the whole thing still. He can't write for it anymore unless Konami brings him in to do so (which we all know won't happen), but as the writer and director for the rest of the series, I think he may have some legal stake in it.

I could also be completely wrong.
>>
>>377237605
i'm still mad about the fact the initial soty was changed and given to platinum. i really like platinum and i say this
>>
>>377238865
You are probably wrong. You don't get the rights on a franchise just because you are the creator. It's the company you work for that has the rights. You are just an asset.

This shit happens all the time.
>>
>>377239062
It's so ass backwards that it works this way...
>>
Never ever Konami has no interest in making games anymore

>but they announced pes 2018 today and metal gear survive

Both are reused assets. Although I do think its pretty crazy how they spend so much time and money on the fox engine to pretty much toss it away
>>
>>377239143
Why, that's part of your contract making +the game and its made with konamis resources
>>
200%
>>
>>377239513
The hell do you mean "why"?

How do you not find it asinine that the person who invented a thing doesn't have rights to it? I realize it was written into a contract, but that doesn't make it make any more sense.
>>
>>377239770
Ok think of it like this

you are working for X company
X company brings you on board to create Y game
Y game does very well and becomes a major success for X company
X company gets you to make many more of Y game
30 something years later, you leave X company
Y game is still in possession of X company

notice how I didn't give a letter to the creator of the game? they're just a worker bee, not to mention just because Kojima was the mastermind behind MGS doesn't mean he was the only one working on it. he had a whole team behind him for those games.

sorry dude but the creator just isn't part of business like that, it's shitty but that's how it is
>>
>>377239770
>>377240106

Unless youre JK Rownlin, George Lucas or George R.R. Martin and came up with the idea all by yourself
>>
>>377240106
>sorry dude but the creator just isn't part of business like that, it's shitty but that's how it is

That's all I'm saying. It's shitty that it is this way. They get credit for it with the fanbase, but on the business side of things they aren't even a factor except for a selling point.
>>
>>377239770

It makes sense because you do it as an employee. They're paying you to be creative and come up with cool inventions, and they give you the tools and the time of your coworkers to help it be produced. You're just the "ideas guy", but you didn't make it, the company as a whole did. They still keep that person's name in the credits, but there's also lots of other people involved, it's a team effort. If you want that situation to be the reverse where the creator retains all of the rights, become an independent game developer and see how easy it is.

>>377240424
Books are different because they can easily be a one-person job, and negotiate with publisher to sell the books without handing over whole property. The HP Movies and GoT series are property of Warner or HBO, so the book's authors may have some say but they don't own that production.
Also,
>George Lucas
>came up with the idea all by yourself

Where have you been?
>>
>>377237605
I'd say about the same chance as OP not being a faggot
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.