[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are pirates ruining the gaming industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: pirate.png (225KB, 2000x2265px) Image search: [Google]
pirate.png
225KB, 2000x2265px
are pirates ruining the gaming industry?
>>
>>377231904
no
>>
I'd consider EAs and Ubis.
>>
It's not the pirates fault that nobody can make a good game anymore. No the problem is misguided developers.
>>
>>377231986
Well, done in one. Let's call it a day
>>
>>377231904
Isn't piracy like this: Steal X from Y, then sell X to Z, then steal X from Z, then sell X to Y again. Rinse and repeat.

That's what I would do if I was an object pirating person.
>>
>>377231986
>>377232014
>>377232070
YOU CHEAP NIGGERS ARE THE REASON WHY TRIPLE A DEVS AREN'T REALISING THINGS ON PC WEREN'T RELEASED ON PC
>>
Has denuvo "saved" the games it's worked for?

I don't think so. I think piracy is not as big a deal as vidya companies make it out to be.
>>
File: 1487639230068.jpg (50KB, 547x471px) Image search: [Google]
1487639230068.jpg
50KB, 547x471px
>>377232428
>REALISING THINGS ON PC WEREN'T RELEASED ON PC
>>
People who pay for shitty, lazily produced games, i.e. generic shooter no.X, overwatch, mobile games, etc are way more unhealthy for the industry than people who don't pay at all
>>
it's not like people who pirate games would buy them otherwise

if anything, piracy makes video games more popular and helps attract people who are actually willing to buy games
>>
not really but pirating is still degenerate
>>
No. Just like the used games market isn't ruining the industry, and G2A isn't ruining the industry.

Overblown budget games aiming for the mainstream market and pandering to the lowest common denominator are, as well as the companies pushing them to maximize revenue instead of making good games. That's capitalism for you, I suppose.

At least there's still an indie scene. One good game out of 20 trash ones is still a better track record than AAA.
>>
>>377231904
no, but preorders have
>>
>>377231904

PC gaming isn't dying per day but consoles typically get the best versions before PCs since they make more money for the publisher's.

PC is a cash grab afterthought.
>>
File: 1486322335539.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1486322335539.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>377231904
Nothing wrong with pirating shit ports that devs don't care about. Which is why Nier is being downloaded right now
>>
File: steal_this_comic.png (44KB, 498x469px) Image search: [Google]
steal_this_comic.png
44KB, 498x469px
>>
No, but they do make for convenient scapegoats.
>>
>>377231904
>are poor people ruining sales by not buying something they cant afford?
huehuehue
>>
>>377235251
I didn't pirate Nier but I wish I did. The game is actually broken if you don't use the patch made by that cuck.
>>
File: 0329-21-4-8.jpg (77KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
0329-21-4-8.jpg
77KB, 384x313px
>devs release product, lock it behind massive amounts of DLC, refuse to fix product post-launch, shut down servers even for singleplayer games, demand you buy the next installment

>the pirate who doesn't like this is somehow the bad guy

Now, I don't think we can argue the morality of piracy, but what's ruining the industry is far more obvious, and it isn't piracy.
>>
>>377231904
Ha the gaming industry doesn't need pirates. They can do that all by themselves.
>>
Directly? No, the "loss" of sales is most likely pretty small.
Indirectly, devs pulling the excuse of pirates ruining shit leads to DRM and lack of PC ports.
>>
>>377231904
nah, only the PC gaming platform, which doesn't even matter anyway.
>>
today's consoles are the ones actually ruining the industry. this gen should have locked down 60fps at 1080p. their consumers are to blame as well because they are the shit-eaters who do not look outside of console gaming
>>
File: bait.png (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
53KB, 625x626px
>>377231904
>bait thread
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.