[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth 13$?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Otus Illustration max.png (1MB, 1568x2095px) Image search: [Google]
Otus Illustration max.png
1MB, 1568x2095px
Is it worth 13$?
>>
>>377229780
I mean you're also getting 6 other games and more. How poor are you?
>>
>>377230056
>How poor are you?
Slav
>>
>>377230364
>§lav
delet
>>
No, there are cheaper ways to be put to sleep.
>>
>>377229780
I do think it's funny how basically the entire indie and games journalism clique tried to hard to shill Owlboy to make it succeed and be the next Cave Story/Super Meat Boy/Braid etc. only for it to fall completely off the face off the earth after a week when everyone realized it was an all-looks-no-substance puzzle platformer.
>>
>>377229780
Absolutely fucking not, not with that god damn shitty fucking ending.
Just look at screenshots/gifs/webMs and enjoy the art.
>>
>>377230582
Also one of those games is cancer.
>>377230708
>there are cheaper ways to be put to sleep.
I've never heard about this game being boring. Care to elaborate?
>>377230838
Can someone verify this?
>>
It's barely worth 5.
>>
>>377230838
every non AAA game falls of the face of the earth after a week and even AAA ones fall off a month later.
Proof:
For Honor
Persona
Nier

Also Owlboy's reviews on steam are pretty good so it cant be as bad as you believe it to be.
>>
>>377230838
>>377231039
I think we have to define "fall on the face" here.
Are we talking sales? Number of active players?
>>
Just pirate it.

It's decent but very forgettable
>>
>>377229780
I'm able to say that I enjoyed the game, but I haven't been able to muster the energy to pick it up after beating it. There's still some shit to do post-game like getting all the coins you missed and buying the rest of the items, but that sounds like tedious stuff. Ending was underwhelming too. Its normal price, $25 is far too much. $13 is still pushing it, too. I wouldn't bother with the price unless you actually give a shit about the other games included in the bundle.
>>
>>377230930
>Care to elaborate

It's boring. Really, really boring. It looks all purdy and it's got a nice soundtrack but the gameplay is mostly just flying around with the occasional instance of platforming. But even those are immensely easy because the main character jumps like he's got a bunch of balloons up his ass, it demands zero precision.
>>
>>377231176
Nier for example has 1/14 the players that terraria has atm

And sales are normally expected to slow down a month after release for anything. Also people bust less our balls about their new flavor of the month when the month ends
>>
>>377231176
I mean it in the sense that it was touted as this grand indie that was going to change the world only for it to become a fairly forgotten game that made no GOTY lists and pretty much no-one tries to talk about.

Stuff like Persona or Nier people at least talk about when relevant like when asked what their favorite games of [genre] are or what games they enjoyed from last year. No-one talks about Owlboy.
>>
>game gets 10/10 reviews all around
>no drm or publisher/dev controversy
>/v/ hates it
I didn't fall for the meme at first but now I seriously question whether or not you are just a bunch of contrarian faggots.
>>
>>377230838
There were puzzles in this game?
>>
Lol that shit game isn't even worth your time
>>
>>377232069
If you wanna play it then be my guest.
I thought it was just boring with an ending that left much to desire.
There are better things to spend your money on.
>>
>>377232069
>implying reviews mean anything anymore
>drm is shit ye but has nothing to do with gameplay
>/v/ doesn't hate it because it's not relevant enough to actually care about
you are fake news
>>
>>377230838
Because even if its a good game, getting a good marked penetration is a entirely different issue.
>>
>>377231681
GOTY lists are a joke tho
>>
>>377229780

It looks really pretty but most of the game is made of boring zelda like puzzle like "put bomb near cracked wall" and "push statue into button" so honestly it feels all style and no substance
>>
>>377229780
it's cool I guess, gameplay isn't as bad as some people say but it isn't spectacular, it of course looks great and the story is decent
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.