[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Melee fans and Smash 4 fans hate each other so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1456408111742.png (415KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
1456408111742.png
415KB, 498x341px
Why does Melee fans and Smash 4 fans hate each other so much?
>>
melee is fast
sm4sh is slow
>>
It's like with PSO and PSO2 fans, though in case with Smash the better game came out earlier.
>>
Smash 4 fans accept new games as they come out.

Melee fans refuse to accept anything other than Melee.
>>
Melee fans hate Smash 4 fans because they have a new game while they're stuck playing a 15 year old one. Smash 4 fans don't really think about Melee fans.
>>
>>377229702
In my expirience fans of both games don't actually have anything against one another. Just internet memers.

I will say I honestly gave Sm4sh a chance. I really did. And I will admit it's at least somewhat fun to play even. But it's sleep inducing to watch and gets really stale after a while.

Atleast it's not Brawl. That game is fucking horrible. Not even casuals i know liked Brawl for the "fun" 4 player items on matches.
>>
because smash 4 and brawl are terrible compared to melee. and only dumb casuals dont know this
>>
Zero>every melee player
>>
Sakurai is a fucking idiot for talking down on competive Meele
>>
>>377229702
Melee is fast-paced and filled with tech.
Brawl/Smash 4 completely changes the gameplay to make it slow and deeply unsatisfying to play for Melee players, so they hate it.
Meanwhile retarded Smash 4 fans don't realize that the game is entirely different because at a basic level the mechanics are mostly the same, and unironically believe that Smash 4 is just the same thing as Melee but better, so they hate people who don't adopt the "new standard"
>>
>>377229702
Because they're autistic manchildren?
>>
>>377231210
>Zero>every melee player
Has he ever even taken a set off a God in Melee?
>>
File: both.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Sm4sh doesn't hate Melee, it's mostly vice versa

That said, all the "hate" is mostly contained by retarded /v/ posters, twitch chat, and other streammonsters. Most actual players don't give a shit.
>>
>>377229702
It's just scrubs and people who'll go 1-2 at majors hating each other

If you pay attention to any of the top players, they're all friends even if they might dislike the other game.
>>
>>377230067
/thread
>>
4 hates melee for being """elitist"""
melee fans hate 4 for being too dumbed down and killing the series by eating literal shit
>>
Its a stream monster scrub thing. I honestly don't give a shit about smash4 when I'm trying to not suck ass at melee after playing for 2-3 years.
>>
nobody that actually goes to locals/tournaments(aka people who are a psrt of either scene) really give a shit about the other
>>
>>377230067
This
>>
>>377229702
Most of the hate I see is from the Melee crowd, and at that only a small section of Americans and Western Europeans. Most everyone else in the world (including Japan, the birthplace of the series) moved on to Brawl and Sm4sh without issue.
>>
>>377233515
>Most of the hate I see is from the Melee crowd, and at that only a small section of Americans and Western Europeans.
>small section
Melee draws at least as big crowds as Smash 4 does
>Most everyone else in the world (including Japan, the birthplace of the series) moved on to Brawl and Sm4sh without issue.
>Japan
Japs having shit taste as usual, nothing to see here
>>
He was right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSNLKQvImIk&t
>>
Melee fanboys won't play another smash game because they think melee is the pinnacle of "muh competitive tech skill" and all of that so they hate on every non-melee game. Sm4sh fans don't generally appreciate the work that has been put in to develop the game and the strategies at play. On top of that, characters haven't had a ton of development due to waiting for patches to nerf/change things. It seems that 1.1.6 is going to be the last patch before a new release (probably just a re-release on switch desu) so people can actually take the time to tear the game apart. On top of that, emulation for sm4sh has been pretty lacking because CEMU has only just gotten the game to be playable on average system (and even then its still not a 1:1 emulation) so that doesn't help as far as optimization goes.
>>
>>377229702
Meleefags hate Sm4sh players because they don't like the same game as them.

Sm4sh players don't care, and will have no problem playing melee too.
>>
>>377232467
>Most actual players don't give a shit.
That's me but I'm gonna pretend to hate sm4sh because I like autism tears and the (You)'s
>>
>>377232794
nah dude, it's just people like you the entire community hates
>>
I don't think most melee fans hate Smash 4, but they don't give it a lot of respect because it doesn't take as much skill to be a top player in it at the moment. M2K was getting top placings in Smash 4 tournaments while claiming to have barely practiced playing at all leading up to the tournament.

Smash 4's skill ceiling might go up over time since it's obviously not had as much time to develop as Melee but it's not clear how much potential it has yet
>>
I think it's mostly memers and false flag trolls who act like they hate the other fanbase. I dont really like sm4sh and I love melee, but if someone likes 4 a lot or plays competitively that's fine by me. I've got nothing against 4's fans even if I'm not a fan of the game itself.

As for why so many melee fans hate 4 as a game, you have to keep in mind there really arent many games with the same playstyle as smash. There was like a viewtiful joe multiplayer game and some tmnt game that came out years ago, neither of which were that well recieved. There's sony all stars which really has very different mechanics from smash.

Smash 4 and Melee are in a weird place because they're each other's biggest competitors, despite 4 being specifically designed to not compete with Melee. And the multiplayer nature of these games mean that if the scene is divided, that affects the fans of each game a lot. This is all in addition to the usual strife that comes with a series going in a different direction that some people like and others don't.

But I'm saying all this from a casual perspective. I've met a few tournament players and messed around with advanced techs in Melee a tiny bit, but for me both games are primarily fun party times with friends. I just like Melee more cause I think the characters and physics of the game feel better to play, as well as some other design elements I think outdo its successors. Maybe there is a lot of hate between the hardcore fans of each title, but it's not something I've ever really experienced other than some light ribbing.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (209KB, 1235x927px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
209KB, 1235x927px
How do melee/sm4sh people feel about 64?
>>
>>377235727
It's coo
>>
>>377235727
There's definitely an unspoken respect for it among melee players
>>
>>377235727
Better game than Melee by far.
>>
>>377235727
Would play but I would need a controller that isn't the 3-handled abomination.
>>
>>377235727
i'm really fucking bad at it despite being pretty good at the other games
>>
Melee players have clear cut autism and lack any sort of adaptability skills to move onto new things. This will never change.
>>
>>377235727
It's actually pretty boring, but everyone respects them for doing their own thing. It has more tech than Smash 4, but can still be super campy.
>>
>>377235727
best sound FX of any smash game
>>
>>377236781
why would you adapt to a worse game?
>>
>>377236781
>>377236781
>Meleefans lack adaptability
But they play the more complex game, so it's not that.
>>
>>377237082
>>377237156

nah
>>
File: n08A8NO.jpg (43KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
n08A8NO.jpg
43KB, 599x804px
>>377229702
Melee is unnecessarily more complex, but faster and more dynamic. So Meleefags are toxic and full of themselves all of the time.

Sm4sh is friendlier, easier to get into and it's newer, that means more players on the scene leading to some LoL-level kind of Cancer.
>>
>>377237263
>>377237263
You can't say "nah" to a good point without countering it, that just means you're either denying reality or are too pretentious that you think clarifying further is "beneath you." Either way it makes you a faggot nobody likes except for circlejerkers.
>>
>>377237156
Different =/= worse.

Melee is more complex mechanically sure, but the game is different.
>>
>>377237460
I never said Different = worse, I was stating the truth that Melee is a more complex game, therefore Meleefags don't play melee because they can't adapt, they play it for another reason--probably the reason that we agree upon: It's different from Sm4sh and they like the differences so they play it over Sm4sh like a normal human being.
>>
>>377237673
Whoops responded to the wrong post. >>377237082
was referring to this ^
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.