[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIABLO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: poster-d3-46c200b091edc276.jpg (19KB, 164x280px) Image search: [Google]
poster-d3-46c200b091edc276.jpg
19KB, 164x280px
I want to get into the Diablo franchise but i've heard that diablo 3 is really bad so it is acceptable to start with diablo 2? or is just nostalgia fags being faggots again
>>
3 was bad, is really good now

but 2 is my jam, play some 2
>>
D3 is good now? I only played it at launch and didnt like it compared to 2. How is d3 better now than it was at launch?
>>
>>377229470
but i have no idea what the game is about, it is safe to play it as a singleplayer? or do you need friends to have a better experience?
>>
>>377229627

Just general improvements over the course of a few years. RoS solved most of the problems of Vanilla D3 by adding in Adventure Mode and Rifts. It's still grindy as hell, but so was D2 so if you like grinding, then D3 is great.

It still lacks the customization of D2, but D3 is much, much better now than it was at launch.
>>
>>377229691
most people play them solo anon
>>
>>377229304
D3 isnt too bad anymore. The expansion fixed various issues.
1 and 2 are really good. Most people like 2 the best but I think 1 is better by a wide margin.
>>
>>377229794
Well the customization is what i missed the most. Adventure mode and rifts sound ok i guess but if its just more grinding and the customization is the same then i dont think i will buy the expansion. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>377229470
What changed in 3 so much to become good? I thought the expansion just added new maps and items and things like that. Did they make a total overhaul?
>>
File: giphy2.gif (821KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
821KB, 480x264px
>D3 is good
>no explanation why
>>
ignore diablo and play PoE
>>
>>377230415
They overhauled basically everything except for the combat, which was always the best part.
>>
>>377230415
No. People who think RoS fixed Diablo 3 miss the fact that a lot of it's problems are part of the core system. The core system is still bad.

It's one of those mindless fun games that isn't explicitly horrible unless your a long time fan and disappointed with it being a sequel to that series. It also distracts people with pretty colors and flying corpses.

Of course, the story is still complete garbage, but only very rare idiots are gonna argue against that.

As for OP getting into the series as a whole, play 1 and 2, and unless you like grinding, just stop once you finish the story bits once. Ignore three unless you want to see what went horribly wrong with the story.
>>
>>377231341
PoE has probably the biggest number of shills I've seen for any game. Oh, and it's also really bad.
>>
Play path of diablo
>>
>>377231771

>muh shilling a free game

>muh it's not free because you have to buy stash tabs!

>muh d3 isn't free either!
>>
>>377231771
>>377232040
wtf does shill means?
>>
>>377231341
>>377232040
Good goy
>>
>>377229304
D3 is fun but lacks any depth whatsoever.
D2 is great but really shows its age.
Torchlight 1 is fun but incredibly basic.
Torchlight 2 is a lot better mechanically but looks like total dogshit.

Path of Exile is probably the best and most active ARPG available, it's got most of the good stuff from D2, a big economy, and the developers are putting constant work into it. There's also a huge amount of playstyles possible, some based on having specific Uniques and some not.

If you can get over the graphics and dated mechanics, though, Diablo 2 still holds up.
>>
>>377232040
He's right though. PoE has nothing to offer. Just play D2/D3 desu.
>>
diablo 3 is pretty good now but the thing is you wont play it for weeks. Every season now I join, play a weekend. By the end of the weekend I have all my gear minus a bunch of ancient pieces that just boost your stats. Then it's just a matter of farming and farming and farming for more stats. That's it. No trading, no cool +skill items. Just that one build that's the best that one season and farming trying to push greater rifts.

It's a very polished experience, but not a very deep one.
>>
>>377229304
Play 1 then 2
Don't listen to D3 retards
>>
>>377231656
I agree. I've been playing this season with a bunch of friends and it's ok but my biggest problem with the game is how it handles skills. Because you don't invest skill points into your moves they all scale off of your gear, which means your character isn't defined by how you built it but by which set you have equipped. And I don't know if my luck is bad or something because I'm missing 1 set piece and because of it I cannot do anything above torment 6 and I'm getting left in the dust by my luckier friends.
>>
>>377232204
http://www.lmfgtfy.com/?q=Define%3A+shills
>>
>>377229304
You won't be able to grasp why Diablo 3 is bad if you don't know how Diablo 2 works. Fair?
>>
>>377229304
the problem with diablo 3 is that it's extremely easy and gear boils down to how much of your main stat it gives you and the attack power, nothing else is relevant
at max level this changes so that the only thing that matters is set bonuses on your stuff, it's a lot more of a gear treadmill than 2
if you play diablo 2 as a single player game or with friends (not strangers/randoms) it's a pretty fun rpg, can actually be challenging at times and allows you to customize your build (yes there are cookie cutter "optimal" builds but you don't have to do that to have fun or get through the game)

all the people who say diablo 3 is good are morons who are only in it for the loot slot machine and nothing else, to which i'd say that there are other better loot slot machine games
>>
>>377229691
its incredible single player, and moreso multiplayer.
>>
PoE vs D3

Neither is perfect.

However, PoE is f2p, what have you got to lose by trying it first? if you don't like it, try d3.
>>
>>377232405
>"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others."
oh now i get it
>>
>>377232373
That's a good thing though, it encourages experimentation. I'd rather have that than being stuck with one specific build because you allocated your points into something specific and can't swap builds because it doens't fit into min/max.

Also man you don't need a 6p bonus to do higher than t6 lol, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1386593328333.jpg (20KB, 469x354px) Image search: [Google]
1386593328333.jpg
20KB, 469x354px
>>377231975
>>377232565
>>
>>377229691
You can play with friends, it increases the difficulty, but there are few aspects of multiplayer.
First Diablo I played was 3, it has that carrot attached to the grind stick that makes the mule go foward; in my opinion it's really good game. Cutscenes are awesome, voice acting is tight, etc-
>>
>>377232793
so which office do you work out of?
>>
>>377232373
That's more or less my biggest issue; Your character is defined less by choice of build and more by choice of equipment, to the point that you don't really build a character, just an equipment set for what you want to do/what's most effective right now.
>>
>>377232496
How is it extremely easy if there's an infinite amount of difficulty levels?
>>
>d3 is a fun game
>but its shit because its not d2

/v/
>>
>>377229304
D1 and D2 are still good.
D2 has ladder exclusive items but there are mods for that. GlideWrapper is nice for modern resolution if you want to play on bnet (high res mods are getting banned on bnet)

D3 is good but honestly it's more like a Gauntlet clone than a Diablo game. Story is really bad and retcons a lot of stuff from D1/D2 because Metzen is an idiot with a huge ego.

If you like D2 you might also like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn and PoE. Those games are better sequels to D2 than D3.

D3 is alright but it shows how different Blizzard is now.
>>
>>377233139
because the difficulty level scales with what you are capable of depending on your current gear, you get better gear, you move up a difficulty, you get better gear, you move up a difficulty, the game never actually gets any harder.
>>
>>377232758
Just my opinion but I'd rather have the skill point system if there's a way to respec. Diablo 2 would've been fine if you didn't have a limit of one respec per difficulty.

And since you seem to be a big coolguy expert, how do I do it right?
>>
>>377233247
this applies to starcraft 2 and dark souls 2
>>
>>377233353
Except even with the best most meta gear you plateau at some point. Not surprised though, mostly people on /v/ hate things they don't even know anything about.
>>
3 is the only one worth playing. 2 has a lot less content, is far more watered down in mechanics with limited builds/only one or two skills mattering per build, and has less content plus less variety of content to go through as well.
>>
>>377233067
You even farm for specific items. Anything but that specific part of gear is trash unlike in D2 where there a lot of viable items and items in general are better.

What if D3 is to ARPGs like what HOTS is to assfaggots?
>>
>>377229304
3 is great but the plot is retarded, ignore it and make your own story with your friends, if you have those (you don't)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 960x960px
>>377233492
>implying plateauing at some point is difficulty

>this is what d3 fags actually believe
>>
>>377233353
This is totally not true considering how enemy damage scales, but more importantly since D3 doesn't just have linear statistical buffs for enemies but actually additional physical properties that make them harder, it's certainly nowhere near as simple as that. If what you said was true, Barbs as a class would be much higher up the ladder. But they aren't, Wizards are. This isn't D2.
>>
>>377233367
What class are you playing?
>>
>>377233676
Please look up the definition of "difficulty".
>>
>>377233707
so why aren't you playing on that higher difficulty anon? could it be because... you don't have the gear for it yet?
>>
D2 allows you to create a character build around a particular skill set (Skelemancer, Whirlwind Barb, Javazon, etc.) or with the intent of using equipment that follows a theme (a Holy Freeze Zealot Paladin who stacks Crushing Blow). If you find that your approach isn't working very well, you get one free skill reset per difficulty level after clearing the Den of Evil in Act 1. More resets can be acquired with late-game crafting. D3 cuts out the character investment by allowing you to change your skills based on whatever will deal the most damage based on the loot you have. A side effect of the ability to change your skills as you see fit is that there's really no reason to ever roll a second Demon Hunter, for example, unless you're starting a new Season from level 1.

D2's grind was based on finding drops with the perfect stat roll to eventually maximize your character. D3's grind is based on eternally increasing your Paragon Level for more stat points and flying through Rifts and Bounties.
>>
>>377232287

PoE is D2 with better graphics. D3 is WoW with worse multiplayer.
>>
>>377233907
Because even with the most perfect maxed out gear you can only reach specific levels +/- 10GR levels based on your skill.
>>
>>377233247
It's shit because it has the depth of a kiddie pool and an atrocious story. It's fun like a Micheal bay movie or whatever generic hollywood crap they put out now that really isn't good, but you can avoid hating it if you don't think too hard about what you're watching/doing.

>>377233618
honestly, that's probably apt. It's designed to appeal to everyone and takes out mechanics that could make people feel bad about making a choice. The only real difference between the two is that Diablo 3's playerbase probably isn't that small yet, doesn't have a bad acronym shared with a game from the same company, and HotS doesn't have 8 billion sales from a WoW tie in deal.
>>
>>377233247
D3 is a good "Gauntlet-with-equipment" game. It's not a very good Diablo game.
>>
>>377233709
Barb, trying to a spin2win build and I have most of the whirlwind set. Just missing the chestpiece then my spins will actually be worth a shit. Right now Rend is my biggest damage dealer, which isn't great because it doesn't hit nearly as often as my spin does.
>>
>>377233618
This is utterly bullshit as D2 has only one real set of rare gear that's the best and you can't go beyond that (Shuko, hellfire torch, etc.)

>What if D3 is to ARPGs like what HOTS is to assfaggots?
It isn't, you have no clue what you're talking about.

>>377233067
This is bullshit, you are purposefully talking down diversity in builds to make D3 look like shit. Not to mention Diablo 2 had a far more restrictive version of this as well where it's like Blessed Hammer for example is not optimal until you get a certain set of gear. The only area where you're right is with competitive ladder players for whom efficiency is as important as skill.

>>377233907
I need to beat the lower difficulty to get there first. D3 specializes in having less simplistic and straightforward challenges over D2 (ex. realizing that you practically can't be afford to get hit from any enemy that has Jailer on them).

>>377233676
You anti-Blizz autists are the dumbest. Why would you want gear to scale exactly to the enemies? Wouldn't that just make the game easy as shit so you don't have to actually think about what you're doing?

>>377234107
D3 has sets that are actually thematic though. D2 stacks just a certain set of the same effects, meanwhile D3 can have you change the order you use the same set of skills by build (more than 2 skills btw) by gear set.

How's character investment cut by spending MORE time with one character instead of leaving him to make another of the same class? Jesus christ you're fucking retarded.

How can people think that gear being a big game changer in a LOOT CENTRIC game be a bad thing?
>>
Path of Exile gameplay: one-shot trash mobs and memorize boss attack patterns. Great "game".
>>
i'm legitimately surprised to see such fair critiquing of D3 here on /v/

i'm usually met with LE D3 IS SO BAD xD meme.

>>377233298
>>377232306
>>377231656

these guys hit it on it's head. D3 is a fun and flashy game to waste your time on over a weekend.
>>
d3: equip whatever 2 gear sets the devs want you to knowing you'll always follow the designed path of progression for bigger numbers in a number arcade game and nothing else
d2: videogames
>>
>>377233139
every difficulty but the torment shit is mind numbingly easy
enemies don't provide any challenge whatsoever, you have an infinitely reusable scaling potion and loads of inventory space so there is 0 inventory management, builds and talents can be changed at will so there's no investment in your character
all of this combines to create a very shallow, bland experience where all you do is run around the same areas mopping the floor with generic trash over and over again
i'm well aware that the game gets difficult in the torment modes but why even bother getting to that point?
it's also retarded that white and blue items basically have no reason to exist since yellows drop every five seconds so there's no point picking up anything of a lower tier
i've played a couple characters to max level in diablo 3 and it's the same mind numbingly boring garbage every single time, the only "exciting" moments in diablo 3 are when orange items drop

even the combat which is a lot more fluid and fast paced than diablo 2 feels boring because instead of being merely a person with supernatural ability, you're some kind of super saiyan who flies all over the screen doing huge aoe moves and making things explode in single hits
having super abilities isn't very exciting when you can use them constantly
>>
Play 1 and 2 only
>>
File: photo.jpg (111KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
111KB, 900x900px
>>377234550
>actual discussion of d2/d3
>anti-shill poe
>>
>>377229304

Everyone says the expansions for D3 fixed everything but that's blatantly false.

It fixed some issues like improving the loot tables but there's still not semblance of being able to trade with friends and whatnot. It was a case of two steps forward and three steps backward. Every game is literally empty and 95% of the time you'll never be able to join a random game and play with people and form friendships and a nice personal item trading circle to help each other get geared.
>>
Is it worth playing on the PS4 and is there local coop? I want to treat it like I treat Sims 4: drunk and depressed
>>
Can I play PoE if my ping is a constant 500+?
>>
>>377234526
>How's character investment cut by spending MORE time with one character instead of leaving him to make another of the same class? Jesus christ you're fucking retarded.
You don't have to take time planning a skill build if your optimal skill selection can potentially change every 15 minutes from new loot drops. D2's synergy system rewarded you for allocating points in related skills, rather than just taking the ones that opened up at level 30. If you wanted to make a Blizzard Sorc, you spent time getting skills that augment its damage. You built your Blizzard Sorc, she wasn't just a quick thought of "well, I've been running Fireball and its synergies until Act 3 Nightmare Mode, I think I'll test out Blizzard for 20 minutes or so to see how it goes."

With the exception of those three free respecs, you really had to invest time in making your character properly, not just assign skills until something happens to work well together.
>>
>>377235170
You can trade drops with friends if they're in the party with you when they drop. They restrict being able to trade stuff past that because the game is centered around gear farming if someone could just drop an entire set for you there's no point to playing the game. I disagree with that of course, but that's how I'm assuming Blizz sees it.
>>
>>377234694
>every difficulty but the torment shit is mind numbingly easy
No shit. They're designed to be farmed, not played as a challenge, greater rifts are. Go try a GR100 and tell me it's easy.

>enemies don't provide any challenge whatsoever
See above. Good luck dodging 6 different Elite affixes on that level. Enemy x and enemy y need to be approached differently. You might need to fully skip enemy z depending on your build.

>you have an infinitely reusable scaling potion
I agree this isn't the best but you still need to strategically plan its use due to cooldown, particularly in HC.

> builds and talents can be changed at will so there's no investment in your character
Which allows you to play around, swap, and most importantly learn game mechanics by analyzing and seeing what works best. But I forgot all the plebs really want is a meme game where you can roleplay a Gay Bard from the Shire.

I agree with the rest though.
>>
I posit that D3 is the best fast paced combat game out there, nothing even comes close
>>
>>377231064
Rifts and greater rifts in season journey mode allows you to become incredibly powerful. While also having a decent drop rate. Making the game entertaining.
>>
>>377235219
Local co-op is in and is actually fun. It handles constantly swapping gear very well too. It's a good casual game to play with a buddy or 2 on the couch. I wouldn't pay full price though, wait a for a sale if you can.
>>
3 is shit but holy fuck D2 is honestly one of the greatest games ever made. It's fine singleplayer but is the most fun you'll ever have with friends.
>>
>>377235219
Yes. It's been said a few times in this thread, D3 is more like Gauntlet and a good coop game. Console versions have couch coop
>>
First one is the best one, the others are multiplayer faggotry with no atmosphere
>>
>>377235540

Yeah you can trade drops ONLY if they're in the same game with you which is why I say the "two steps forward, three steps back" statement. Sure you can trade but only if they played with you in that same game and there's a time limit on the trade. What sort of garbage system is that? Like what if your friend isn't online now but you found a sweet mace or helm for your friend who's playing a different class? Can't pass stuff around now because you had friends playing at different times.

So as a result of such decisions there's very little semblance of a community for D3. D2 you could build up a good network of friends and could help each other out. If you do really well you could find people who could get in contact with rare items for you and help broker trades. It was glorious.
>>
>>377236095
>I didn't play 2
>>
>>377235828
>tfw none of my friends play d2
>>
>>377235530
But the older system is ass unless you go on the internet to look up skills. Having limited respecs is a terrible option and only pads player's learning experience of the game. Not to mention that so much of D2 skill spending is also padded shit because of synergies.

D3's system actually encourages player experimentation. The player actually LEARNS, not spends time looking shit up on the internet or spending way too much time wasting on learning instead of getting good at the game.

>>377236130
>So as a result of such decisions there's very little semblance of a community for D3
Local co-op. Challenges much MUCH tougher than D2, higher efficiency. Also I don't get how a system that encourages players to PLAY TOGETHER destroys community. D3 had one hell of a community and still does. Game was on top 10 forums on GameFAQs for years for example. It's just that you guys never gave a shit.

>>377236276
>2
>not drab and boring as fuck
1 for atmosphere, 3 for the loots
>>
File: BLACKED.webm (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED.webm
1MB, 1080x1080px
>PoE getting shitloads of new content
>D3 is getting a cashshop necromancer
>>
>>377236130
Yeah but in D2 your character was mostly defined by what skills you shoved points into. In D3 it's all about gearsets and legendaries. If anyone could trade any piece of gear at any time there'd be no reason to grind for the pieces, which is what blizzard wants for some godawful reason.
>>
how old are you that you havent played D2
>>
>>377236460

>Local co-op. Challenges much MUCH tougher than D2, higher efficiency.

You can only local co-op on console. That does jack shit to help anyone who plays on PC as the original series were originally made for. There's zero incentive in D3 to just join random games and help one another.

>Also I don't get how a system that encourages players to PLAY TOGETHER destroys community.

Because people play at different times. You could be playing with another bunch of friends but you find an item that's good for another one of your friends but because he wasn't in your group when you were playing it's too bad and now he misses out. Can't help him now.

There was absolutely zero incentive to try and play with more players in a game unlike D2 where not only could you split up to find entrances/exits faster but also clear challenges better as opposed to solo. Sorc about to fight Duriel with shitty gear? Don't worry, your Paladin and Barb friends will hold the line for you while you spam your spells.

>D3 had one hell of a community and still does. Game was on top 10 forums on GameFAQs for years for example. It's just that you guys never gave a shit.

It has zero community these days. There's no incentive to look to gathering groups or maintaining a network of friends for helping clear certain "walls" in modes like Hardcore or having trusted friends to salvage your gear if things go wrong in a game or having that same network to supply low end gear to your friends new characters (e.g throwing a full Sigon's Set to a low level character). That's the other thing too, there was value in keeping items across all spectrum of levels for different people. Sometimes people would want diff items for dueling or whatnot but now there's no reason to even maintain a strong network of friends in the game.
>>
File: wall2-1920x1200.jpg (826KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wall2-1920x1200.jpg
826KB, 1920x1200px
>>377229304
Start with 1 if you can, everyone says that 2 is the best but 1 has always been my favorite. 3 is only good if you're tired from work and need something simple to do while listening to podcasts or something.
>>
>>377236595
>D3 announces Necromancer
>probably wanted to charge like 10-15€
>PoE trailer released
>free six (6) new acts for their F2P cashcow because old blizzard/diablo fans feel like devs deserve their money
>Blizzard has been silent about necro DLC ever since

Seriously sometimes I think GGG exists just to fuck with neo-Blizz and they can't do anything about it (they would if they could see Dota2 and claiming skeletons and pandas)
>>
>>377236617

I know and it's awful game design.
>>
>>377237292
>not calling the image Lv1 Smite
>>
>>377237314
How many acts is PoE up to now?
>>
>>377238114
4 right now I think. Oriath will be released in 1-2 months if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>377234526
>This is bullshit, you are purposefully talking down diversity in builds to make D3 look like shit. Not to mention Diablo 2 had a far more restrictive version of this as well where it's like Blessed Hammer for example is not optimal until you get a certain set of gear. The only area where you're right is with competitive ladder players for whom efficiency is as important as skill.

Last I recalled, blessed hammer works just fine, you just want something like frostburn gloves for mana and some +skills. But the build can work without any specific set.

Furthermore, while it wasn't perfect, Diablo 2 had build diversity. Build diversity can exist with a system of investment. If anything, Diablo 3 promotes LESS build diversity, unless all gear sets are equal for each of a classes skill sets or however they decide to define that, because the best gear is the best and it leans you towards a certain set of skills. Trying to play a fire based wizard, but all you got was a set of gear based around ice skills? Guess you might as well be an ice wizard now.

By contrast, you could have 3 Sorceresses in diablo 2 all with spirit sword and shield, but all three could be using vastly different skill sets. One might be meteorb, another some kind of thunderstorm blizzard build, and a third could go chain lightning and, I dunno, maybe hydra or something. The only problems D2 had with build diversity wasn't because of the skill system itself, but because some classes really didn't have a good balance of skill selection. Barbarians had their WW and warcrys, and that was about it. I don't remember if Martial arts assassins were any good, most were just trappers and their third tree was a support set. IIRC, the other five classes all managed decent diversity of builds, because they had the skills to support that diversity.

I'm trashing D3's build diversity because what you do doesn't matter, only what you wear to the ball.
>>
>>377229304

D3 is a very very fun game, but PoE is Diablo 3.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.