[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are hybrid fighters that much better than classic fighters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

why are hybrid fighters that much better than classic fighters
>>
Arena fighters fill a different niche and are easy to pick up and play.
>>
>>377225226
because you personally don't have to put effort into learning them thus making them "better"

(they're actually all shit)
>>
>>377226120
>a different niche
>it's literally a fighting game
>>
File: 1494572822327.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1494572822327.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>377226249
It is a different niche. Classic Fighters are for people who enjoy open-ended complicated game mechanics and the freedom they offer when fighting a human opponent. Arena Fighters are for anime fans and generally offer greater visual spectacle and a low barrier of entry to create excitement for a wide variety of skill levels. Classic Fighters are for people who enjoy dissection and interaction, arena fighters are for people that enjoy visual stimulation and instant excitement.

t. I play both, and there's mothing wrong with either. It's called "catering to a target audience"
>>
>>377226249
There are different niches within a genre you buffoon. Baldur's Gate doesn't fill the same niche as Final Fantasy.
>>
>>377225226
>6 naruto
>5 sasuke
>3 gaara
>no winged choji
This game looks like shit
>>
>>377226979
Choji gets his wings for his Awakening. Same for everyone else's transformations.
>>
>>377226249
You may as well market Sega All-Stars Racing and GT/Forza to the same people.
>>
File: 1491105584603.gif (2MB, 700x387px) Image search: [Google]
1491105584603.gif
2MB, 700x387px
We need another Def Jam FFNY-type game.
>>
>>377225226
That developer should have been placed in charge of fighting games for every single major anime series. They could do wonders with all of the one-shot Bleach characters and One Piece characters.
>>
>>377226771
>people who enjoy open-ended complicated game mechanics
>Street Fighter
The fuck are you talking about?

>Arena Fighters are for anime fans and generally offer greater visual spectacle and a low barrier of entry to create excitement for a wide variety of skill levels.
>Gundam Vs
>Virtual On
>Lower barrier of entry and spectacle than Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA
Again, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>377227225
Sadly, all the best accessories and clothing would become DLC. Also the fighters themselves would either be dead or dinosaurs.
>>
>>377226771
>a low barrier of entry to create excitement for a wide variety of skill levels
You're like the retard who thinks competitive Street Fighter is about who can spam hadokens the fastest, or the kid who only uses the B button in Melee.
>>
>>377225226
jesus,this shit is the mario kart of fighting games.
>>
>>377226193
this

all the characters have prebaked "smash X or Y" strings that do a "combo" that anyone could do

its "look ma, im winning!" levels of cool anime shit and really, it is fun, just not a fighting game
>>
>>377227696
see, this is why fucking BT3 is good
has the same shit, but the character screen isn't cluttered.

its just Goku, Goku mid (able to start with any form, Goku end (same shit). i hate when they have individual character slot shit not as a power up form.
>>
>>377228002
Directional input affects the combo, and different characters have different properties to their combos which allow them to predict or space better than others, adding dimension.

It's really funny because despite being a casual game, a competent player with the right character can literally Perfect a casual player 100% of the time. You can't say the same about actual fighting games. I'm sure I could at least chip Daigo in my first game despite never touching SFV before, but the skill gap in a fucking Naruto is too big for that to happen.
>>
File: 1492953811123.png (681KB, 762x706px) Image search: [Google]
1492953811123.png
681KB, 762x706px
>>377227663
Nope, been playing Vega since Turbo nigga, I'll crush a Shoto real quick. Had to play Chun in 3S. I play a meam Chipp in GG, K'/Maxima/Terry in KoF, Jin in Tekken, Siegfried in SC, Bang in BB, you fucking name it. I'll crush your ass in Melee with Falcon too. Quit making assumptions.

>>377227363
I played Virtual On quite a damn bit in my local arcade a decade and a half back, you're delusional if you think that and Gundam Vs take more skill than Tekken or SFIV. I'll give you DOA, that's scrub shit.
>>
>>377227353
>Bleach and Wan Piss
>not MHA

Step the fuck up anon.
>>
>>377228460
>Nope, been playing Vega since Turbo
Right, so as a competitive player you understand that the game has nuance and depth and isn't just a spamfest despite what casuals think. Right?

Now why the double standard when it comes to Vs or Virtual On?
>>
>>377228572
These games can certainly involve skill at the higher levels, but it can't be denied that they are primarily designed to bring in a large audience and impress casual fans. I actually RESPECT games like Virtual On and GVS for straddling the line and pleasing both sides, but we can't pretend they're even more skill based than traditional fighters.
>>
>>377226771
mmm but i wanna play with you big fart daddyy ,,
>>
>>377227363
Street Fighter's basic game mechanics are more complex than the most complex mechanics in arena fighters. Just doing hadouken is more complex than most stuff in those games.

>Tekken
Tekken's barrier of entry is only low if you're a button masher. To get beyond the lowest level of play, Tekken actually has one of the highest barriers of entry, which is why the series became less popular when online exposed 90% of Tekken players as frauds. People didn't like realizing that the game was MUCH harder than they thought, and stopped playing.

>>377226249
This is the thing I keep having to argue against smashbabbies. Anyone who makes this argument is either being intentionally obtuse, or hasn't been playing Video Games long enough.

Back in the day (Pre-SF2) there were a lot of Video Games that involved fighting. Then Street Fighter II hit. Everyone and their mother wanted to copy Street Fighter II. At the time, any game that involved people fighting each other was generally called a Beat Em Up.

The term "Fighting Game" was originally used to separate what was an emerging genera at the time, from actual Beat Em Up games (Final Fight, Double Dragon), or games that involved fighting but didn't follow the same formula (Mike Tyson's Punch Out, WWF Wrestlefest, Joust).

During the N64 era, lines started getting blurred when western devs started pumping out games that involved fighting, but didn't play like other fighting games, and had more in common with Wrestling games. Think Def Jam, Marvel Imperfects, or Power Stone. Some people started calling these games "Brawlers" as they were obviously different from the games that were being called fighting games, just as fighting games were obviously different from beat em ups.

"Arena Fighters" and Super Smash Bros both share more in common with Brawlers than they do Street Fighter 2. They can trace their linage to games like The Outfoxies and Bio Freaks, rather than Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>377228282
Except I've literally double perfected casuals in Street Fighter with only using one move, and I'm only Platinum in SFV.

Both games have a skill gap. Naruto lacks depth. So do the DBZ games (Post Budokai 3. That game was legit). Most fighting games don't, and neither does Virtual On or Gundam Extreme Vs.
>>
>>377226249
This is some weak bait but here's how I break it down and have seen it broken down:

>Arcade Fighters (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF)
>>Airdasher/Anime (Guilty Gear, Blaz Blue)

>3D Fighters (Tekken, Virtua Fighter)
>>3D Arena Fighters/Brawlers (Ultimate Ninja Storm, Xenoverse, Power Stone and possibly For Honor)

>Platform Fighters (Outfoxies, Super Smash Brothers, Ultimate Ninja, Kizuna Encounter)

There's more I'm sure but there's that to start.
>>
>>377230000
>budokai 3 legit
quads of truth. finally someone with a brain on /v/. BT games fucking pale in comparison.
>>
>>377230000
Nice digits, nice points boss
>>
>>377225226

I can agree that Fighting games which are not seen as "regular" fighting games can be extremely fun. I don't want to pick a fight, I'm more of a MvC3 player but if you like games like the Smash Bros series, Power Stone, Jump Super Star, etc. no problem they are fun and I guess they can even be interesting to watch if you're in that type of games.

But no. A BIG NO. Ultimate Ninja Storm is NOT a good series in general, and it's probably the weakest Naruto series. And I was a hard Naruto fan back in the days, so it hurts me very much to have to say this. Visually, it's enthralling and the roster is insane, but that's it.

The kawa system is super broken, it destroy all the game (it was shit in Storm 2, and now it's even worst). Also, the defensive options are just too strong, you can dodge, wherever you want, whenever you want with minimal to no lag, you can guard, air guard, throw shuriken. I'm not even gonna talk about the extremely limited combos because, the way this game is designed, it's unlikely that you will be able to watch a full combo in its entirety. Also, the sound design is AWFUL, every hit sounds like a someone rubbing polystyren to make it squeal (just compare to GNT sound design, it will be a shock). Oh and the balance is a complete joke : the characters that can spam and stay safe are high tier, and the characters that can complely bypass the spacing issues of this game are top tier. There. The rest is probably shit tier and not even fun to watch, because of the whole game design.

The Storm series IS bad and CC2 doesn't seem to be able to fix it.

I remember one time we had a big tournament near Paris with Narutimate 4 or 5, CoNR3 and Storm 2. The top 10 matches of Storm 2 ALL ended in a fucking Time Out.

Clash of Ninja and Ultimate Ninja series where WAY better than this disaster. Also kudos to the Ubisoft Naruto series, it sucked hard in multiplayer, but the solo was really good.
>>
File: 1482561019356.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482561019356.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>>377230000

>really want Dimps to make a Budokai style fighting game with amazing production values for the story mode and level destruction
>will only get more Xenoverse shit
>it will have DB Super content in it
>>
>>377231486
Burst Limit was so close
>>
>>377231746

I wish they could have made a sequel to Burst Limit, or at least not have had to cut so much out of the game.
>>
>>377225226
Casuals like games with no execution, simple-to-grasp mechanics, etc.
People aren't climbing over each other to play Venom, Johnny, Eddy from GG, or Carl Clover, Arkune from BB, or even execution-heavy SF characters, because this shit takes work and you have to get your asshole pushed in. Compare this to something like DBZ Bodukai 3 which literally has a shit ton of random-select shit as gameplay mechanics.
>>
i really want to play this game but the pc por is SO SHIT
>>
>CyberConnect 2 makes a Naruto game
>It's actually really good
>CyberConnect 2 makes a JoJo''s Bizarre Adventure game
>It sucks

Fucking why?
>>
>>377232512
From what I've heard, Storm 4's port is good.
>>
>>377232642
ASB was a great game, though. Just graphicsfags who throw tantrums over irrelevant shit like FPS.
>>
>>377225226
These games have nice presentation but the Clash of Ninja/GNT games were more fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05i64pS8Vw
>>
>>377232512
I got Storm 4 on sale for $5. Runs perfectly fine. Even netplay is good, and I play with people overseas.
>>
>>377232642

The Naruto games aren't made with the intent of being competitive or taken seriously so they're easy to jump right into and play at a casual level. You only really run into problems when you come across online warriors who exploit everything they can to try and make it "deeper" than it actually is, but that's it.

By CC2's own words, ASB was supposed to be their attempt at a serious fighter that had the potential to be main stage at EVO. Except that they're ass at actually making balanced games on a competitive level so it was a broken mess at release and they only marginally improved it through patches.
>>
>>377225226
WHO HINATA/NEJI MAIN HERE!?
>>
>>377232715
it's not, locked to 30 fps, resolutions are a mess and the shit is all blurry because of it.
>>
>>377232642
I wish someone would make another 2d JoJo fighitng game, like that old one made by Capcom.
>>
>>377232962
wait, people still play that game? thought online was dead.
>>
>>377232784
I'm not an FPS fag, but it's a fighting game, and the frame rate got really rough at times. It's also just so fucking slow that I found it boring. They could have fixed it with a sequel, but instead they decided to make said sequel a 2v2 Arena Fighter, which is just a terrible genre in general.

When ASB was announced, all I really wanted them to do was copy the Ultimate Ninja Storm engine while putting JoJo characters in. Less work, and everyone's happy.
>>
>>377233098
I have friends.
>>
>>377233121
Storm's gameplay is way too fast for Jojo's, which isn't even that much of a fighting series.
>>
>>377232642
It's because Jojo's only worked as a broken arcade fighter which requires you to make a full movelist and commands in order to make them feel unique. ASB was okay but they probably couldn't do too much without ripping from the Capcom game and having issues. Eyes of Heaven was the worst but cool.
>>
>>377233151
ahhhhhh. also i was thinking of 3, not 4. my mistake.
>>
>>377233025
I thought the Boruto update made it 60fps
>>
>>377233361
JoJofags really really hate HFTF for some reason.
>>
>>377233025
There was a patch to run the game at 60 a few months ago. The cutscenes outside of fights are unfortunately prerendered though so it doesn't affect them. The in-fight scenes and gameplay look great but I think the game does move faster at the new higher framerate.
>>
>>377225226
Anyone who unironically plays Naruto anything is a fucking failure as a human being and should be dragged to the streets and publically beaten to near death and left out to die.
>>
>>377233553
It's because it spawned memes, was released here without prior context (No manga, no anime before that point) so it was a scrub gateway to Part 3 only, it's difficult to pick up and play and if you do, while it can be intense and is fun as hell. it is also broken and makes learning it feel unrewarding when you get booty blasted by Petshop or Iggy because you can't fuck with those tiny ass shitboxes.

It's still a very good game, a solid fighter in general, just flawed and not accessible which is the biggest reason why JoJofags hate it. They can't play it and if they manage to acquire it they don't know how to play it.

>>377231258
This anon speaks an ugly truth. I miss Clash of Ninja and Ultimate Ninja and it feels like Storm was the hybrid of the two and even though Ultimate Ninja really does play like a 2D storm, you had more to work because you had more moves unique to each character, alternate pallettes, Smash Bros party setup plus jutsu swapping was a cute novelty. I wish we had an Ultimate Ninja with a roster like Storm 4's. The sound design has always been an issue but NSUN4 has the "feel" of Naruto down pat which is nice.
>>
>>377233009
I main Mitsuki, the Hyugas can get fucked maining them was a waste of my time.
>>
>>377225226
i love versing my friend and fucking him up with young sasuke. TOO SLOW.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.