[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (77KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 500x455px
It's so fucking boring and floaty. How do you Nintenbros enjoy this shit?
>>
>>377211702
>floaty
Wut. Also you dun goofed. 3D land is the worst 3D Mario
>>
>>377211702
Because even the worst Mario platformer (which is not that by the way) is still at least a 7/10
>>
>>377211702
are you just plowing through the game, or are you actually trying to collect the special coins?

by the way it starts off very easy, it ramps up in difficulty as you get further in (though never too hard). But going for all the special coins (which you will need to do to see everything the game has to offer) can be challenging.
>>
>>377211923
lol
>>
>>377211923
it doesn't matter how you play it the game still controls like ass and is slow as fuck

it feels like youre playing brawl
>>
>>377211702
only game "critics" like this shit
>>
>>377211923
>muh special coins

I got all of them. doesn't make the game good
>>
>>377212021
>>377212110
He's right though. Ever since the existence of the collectibles in Ninty games (Star Coins, Puzzle Pieces or Red Coins), the difficulty in Nintendo's platformers is based around collecting them. If you arent doing so and calling the game easy then you really just plowing through
>>
File: Ehh.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>377211702
I don't know what you're talking about with floaty but yeah, 3D Land is probably one of the weakest Mario platformers, certainly not bad but pretty dull. I prefer it over New Super Mario Bros. 2 though.
>>
This fucking game.
The main game was too easy and the special levels were a fucking slog
I swear there were like 5 unique levels and the rest were just level remixes or NYEA HEA HEA HEA HEA HEA
I finished that shit 99.9% but couldn't beat that last level. It's so mind-numbingly hard the rest of the game doesn't prepare you for it.
I may have only 99% on that game, but it's 100% bullshit.
>>
>>377211702
I thought 3D Land was pretty fun but 100%ing it got tedious at times, mainly just levels that I struggled with. I still don't know what compelled me to play through the entire game twice to get all gold flags as Mario and Luigi. I guess it helps that most of the levels are pretty short and quick, and that the game doesn't even get remotely challenging until the second half of the game.
>>
>>377211840
new super Mario bros 2 shouldn't be a 7
>>
>>377211702

I didn't. I was ripped off.
>>
>>377211794
Whats the difference between world/land?
>>
>>377211702

It's because it's a shitty Bloodborne ripoff.

Have you ever actually played 3D World? Honestly.

>The Old Goombas
>Fist of Bowser
>Bomb Hammer
>Orphan of Luigi
>Great One's Mushroom

Everything about 3D Land and 3D World is a pure bite out of Bloodborne's book.

>We are born of the Koopas. Made men by the Koopas. Undone by the Koopas.

How is nobody fucking seeing this?
>>
>>377218858
3D World is pretty much a combination of elements from most Mario games from before even to the point of taking from SMB 2 particularly with the 4 selectable characters returning all put in one game while having some new ideas as well. It pretty much makes 3d land irrelevant.
>>
>>377212193
>the difficulty in Nintendo's platformers is based around collecting them
That's still ass though, because when I replay the levels later, they're quick, straightforward, and devoid of challenge.

I had no desire to pick up Land again after I 100%ed it. I didn't even get to the final world in 3D World because it's stupid that you have to beat every level with every character to get it. Then it goes back to my point about how boring the levels are on replay.
>>
>>377211702
>not having good enough taste to understand that 3D land is one of the best games ever made

Sad
>>
>>377219297
They're both shitty just shitty versions of Goldeneye lmao

>>377218858
World is basically a good version of Land.
>>
>>377218858
3D world
>4 different characters, each with a different ability
>1080p60fps
>multiplayer is fun as fuck
>lots of level variety
>great new music
>nice aesthetic
>actual control stick

3D land feels like a prototype of 3D world, or like a poor man's Mario galaxy. Even the music was butchered from the galaxy games.
>>
>>377222051
>1080p
The game is 720p.
>>
>>377222051
>actual control stick
Which would be a huge plus if you weren't still restricted to only 8 directions. You think you would have full 360 control but the stiffness of the movement feels jarring the first time you play.
>>
>>377219297
are you high or something? what made you board this train of thought?
>>
>>377211702
fuck you i just play it because it requires no thought and is nice and colorful compared to the other games i have on my DS.
>>
>>377211702
Every Mario is floaty besides World.
If you can't stand floaty play a different series, Mario isn't for you.
>>
>>377219297
kek
>>
>>377218858
World's basically a super expanded version of Land. Same basic framework but much more interesting and creative levels, co-op and some really fantastic music
>>
I'm jaded, honestly don't care if the game is easy, the relaxing tunes and colorful worlds were just fun and cozy enough to grab my short attention span.
>>
Who else here is beyond fucking ecstatic that they're bringing back the 64/Sunshine line with Odyssey?

>no uncomfortable fixed cam from an angle
>omnidirectional objective based 3D platforming instead of 3D disguised 2D platforming
>worlds instead of floaty platforms in the sky

So FUCKING HYPE.

3D World was fun and beautiful but welcome back, old friend.
>>
I fucking hate these games and I'm a massive nintendo cumslut

They couldn't have made the controls any less fun without completely breaking them. And the camera is so far away, nothing you do feels like it has any weight. Yuck
>>
It's just an inferior Kirby
>>
>>377223243
shut up sakurai
>>
testing
>>
>>377211702
It's good to pass the time when you're in the toilet
>>
>>377219297
NINTENDO IS DEAD
>>
File: 60707147_p6.png (174KB, 825x801px) Image search: [Google]
60707147_p6.png
174KB, 825x801px
Testing again
>>
>>377219297
Bloodborne is a shameless carbon copy of Arma III dude
>>
>>377223352
>mama-mia!
>bing-bing
>pppbbbbrrrrrttttt
>yahoo!
>>
>>377211702
Bait. Also, Tens of millions of people can't be wrong. Maybe you just suck at it
Sage
>>
>>377219297
Forced meme
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.