[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games /v/ told you are bad but are actually decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: 81j3GC4SP9L._SX342_.jpg (30KB, 342x434px) Image search: [Google]
81j3GC4SP9L._SX342_.jpg
30KB, 342x434px
>>
>>377211452
But it's not.
>>
>is released alongside MGR and NG3
>is better than both of those
>/v/ goes full contrarian and considers DmC the worst
>even though it's easily the best and most complex
>/v/ goes on to meme MGR, the worst of the 3
>>
>>377211452
Babby's first thief game
>>
>>377211452
I liked breaking into places and looting the place to use for upgrades.
>>
>>377211452
Wow the cover shows the protagonist trying to steal "Thief", which is the game's title.
Damn that's deep...
>>
>>377211452
Thief 2014 is not decent. It fails to capture what made the originals work. Even if you ignore the old Thief games, Dishonored 1&2 are far better games.
>>
>>377212705
>it is not decent because it's not like these good games

Great argumentation, buddy.
>>
>>377211452
Dishonored is a far, FAR superior successor to the old games than this piece of shit is. Yeah it's still heavily casualized but at least the heart and soul is there. Thie4 was just an attempt to cash in on the name AND draw in dudebros
>>
>>377211452
Go to bed eidos, the game was utter standard AAA dogshit. everyone involved should be ashamed to have allowed it to happen
>>
>>377212782
That's right. If I play a game with the audacity to hold the title of "Thief", there are certain standards I expect it to live up to. Kill yourself, Squeenix shill.
>>
What is interesting is that I don't feel many frame drops during gameplay, only cutscene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVJu-zrssc

The sound mix in the prologue is horrible and it gets a little better afterwards but still i just play barely on mute
I wish dishonored was 30fps. Deus Ex is even worse when it comes to performance
>>
>>377214398
>>377212705
I love Dishonored but it's literally anti-thief game. Garret is weak and powerless, while in Dishonored you are a fucking trickster who can wipe off all enemies without much of effort. It's just game asks you not to abuse your powers very much.
>>
>>377214398
>Dishonored
No. Haven't played Styx but that seems like a more worthy successor
>>
>>377211452
Yeah, it's not that bad, but it is incredibly boring.

Couldn't finish the later levels because the game was putting me to sleep by then.
>>
>>377214870
>Styx
It aren't that much better than Thi4f
>>
>>377211452
>Hitman and Deus Ex get shelved by SE
>this is getting another game
>>
>>377211452
>he wasn't for the thief stram on /v/
look at him and laugh
>>
>>377214834
>>377214870
A no-powers playthrough of Dishonored 2 feels A LOT like Thief, in my opinion. Also the worldbuilding and atmosphere are incredibly similar to Thief, and one conversation in the first game is a word-for-word reference to the intro in thief
>>
>>377214969
That Thief rumor got debunked yesterday, but they'll probably get one more Thief game out there to not sell the 10 gorillian copies SE wants them to sell and then Eidos will be the next company up for sale.
>>
>>377212025
>and most complex
Someone post the webm
>>
>>377215226
Good. Then maybe *real* games can be free from jap tyranny once again.
>>
>>377215018
>Dishonoreds atmosphere even coming close to thief
Dishonored falls flat on its face on all fronts when compared to the first two thief's but I'll agree with you that it's closer to thief than 4 is.
>>377214949
Enlighten me. Why not?
>>377215226
>It was debunked yesterday
source?
>>
>>377214794
>The sound mix in the prologue is horrible and it gets a little better afterwards
I couldn't care less about the sound mix. The sound engine technology itself was more primitive than the original Thief games.
Just compare on a pair of headphones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzKthDK2TrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYIc7HLpk-w
The original games had a dynamic sound propagation system that would have walls and doors muffle sounds, creating a far better sense of presence.
The Dark Engine and had support for hardware acceleration that allowed for HTRF, that can now be achieved in software quite easily.
>>
>>377215387
>source?
http://www.pcgamer.com/eidos-montreal-boss-shoots-down-new-thief-rumor/
>>
>>377215226
>and then Eidos will be the next company up for sale
Which is fucking retarded because Eidos and IO is clearly the most talented studios in Square roster, it's just they mismanaged the fuck out of them
>>
>>377215434
>that pic
it makes me fucking seeth with anger
>>
>>377215406
that's not the worst part of the sound mix in my opinion. The voice and ambient sound is out of place the entire game
If the sound engine is bad but at least your mix is decent (like in R&C 2016) that's not a big issue
R&C 2016 don't use the best sound engine in the world but it's properly mixed
>>
>>377215495
Yeah, from the little bits I read here and there about SE it's like they're not paying attention to how the market wants their video games marketed to them and then instead of rethinking how the whole process, they just fire the people who didn't make them the huge vaults of money they were borderline delusional about.

For example, they're one of the few companies that haven't adopted the "announce a game at E3, ship it holiday that year" strategy that the other big companies are doing.
>>
DS2
>>
>>377214834

>>377212705 here. I actually agree with you. Dishonored is fun, but unless I do a "no powers" run, it definitely feels like I'm some sort of Superhero, which ends up removing any incentive behind stealth, other than "because I can". Thief, you're an average joe, so you have to put in the effort to avoid confrontation, otherwise you're as good as dead.
>>
So this thread is just to bait people into admitting they have absolutely garbage taste in video games, right?
>>
>>377211452
>Story is a garbage trainwreck full of plotholes.
>Garret isn't charismatic anymore.
>No Pagans or Hammerites
>They don't even say Taffer anymore
>Level design usually only boils down to one or two ways to proceed.
>Automap is detailed, with Quest-markers, removing any need to get your bearings.
>Context Specific Locations for things like Rope Arrows
>Hand animations for opening every fucking thing.
>Sound design is horrid.
Nah.
>>
>>377215387

>Enlighten me. Why not?

Styx is basically the modern version of Gex when it comes to constant pop culture references spouted by the protagonist.
>>
Enter the Gungeon
You really feel it when the game decides to fuck you, but it's fun getting as far as possible even when that happens.
Emptying a floor and having to run through an empty area is helped by teleporters and at most you'll spend like 3 or 4 minutes on a cleared floor if you really want to look around.
>>
>>377217697
>main character makes pop-culture references
>in a game that doesn't take itself too seriously

How fucking dare he? That completely ruins the game for me.
>>
Hitman 2016
>>
>>377217937
Besides the online requirement, I thought /v/ liked that, though?
>>
>>377217697
I don't remember anything like that from the first Styx, but the second one was fucking full of that shit.
>>
>>377215018
>dishonored
>got from point A to point B
>little no to reason to explore the levels unless you're low on supplies
>enemies are retarded
>no environmental detail or storytelling so you can you have to play with markers on
>intrusive HUD
>being anything close in design to thief

Just fucking kill yourself my dude.
>>
>>377217637
>>They don't even say Taffer anymore
They really went all-out to spit on the Thief's corpse.
>>
>>377211452
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the Thief series.

This game tried to cash in on an old name.
>>
>>377218047
>>no environmental detail or storytelling so you can you have to play with markers on

Bullshit. I played Dishonored without markers and found my way around perfectly fine.
>>
>>377212025
>better than MGR
Fuck you, I bet it you haven't even played the original Devil May Cry series before playing DmC
>>
No, you just have shit taste.
>>
I have almost 200 hours in For Honor. The game has problems but it is still unique and very fun, the knights look awesome and it'll do until Mordhau comes out. Chivalry is fucking shit.
>>
>>377217890
I've never even seen this game talked about on here, but I enjoyed it a lot. One exception being the elevator guy, fuck that guy
>>
>>377214742
>the game is shit because it can't meet the standards set by the first two games

Fantastic argumentation, friendo. Deadly Shadows and Thi4f are decent games.
>>
>>377214742
the first two thief games don't hold up even slightly.
not exactly lofty standards.
>>
>>377212025
This. The game is not even nearly as bad as people say it is.
>>
>play game in hardest difficulty
>literally impossible to play it like a thief game
>if you knock out anyone instant game over
>if you want to play it lower difficulty you have to start the asinine beginning of the game over again
>>
>>377221232
>I-It doesn't hold up
My favorite non-argument
>>
>>377221232
underage pls leave.
I don't know what constitutes "holding up" to homunculi, but just because every modern game's stealth mechanics have devolved into line of sight binary bullshit doesn't mean that you're out of date if you actually have any amount of effort put into your stealth.
>>
>>377211452
playing it made me realize everyone who compares it to Far Cry never actually played both.
>>
>>377221530
images don't work?
talking about Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>377221592
Nope, someone raided /int/ with CP and now images are blocked on all boards.
>>
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
TAFFER
EH EH EH
>>
>>377217890
Enter he gungeon is a 5/10 that would be a 9/10 if it wasn't for he enemy health scaling
>>
>>377221703
Oh, thanks for telling. Didn't know.
>>
>>377211452
bait
>>
>>377221232
If you're talking about graphics maybe. The level design and general gameplay blow Dishonored and Thiaf out of the water.
>>
File: playing vidya dark.png (11KB, 638x495px) Image search: [Google]
playing vidya dark.png
11KB, 638x495px
>>377221232
The first 2 thief games have aged, but their gameplay and storytelling are far tighter and more intelligently designed than most modern games and blow every other stealth game out of the water. They are from a different time and have different design philosophies to modern AAA titles.
Everything is focused on creating the tightest experience without extraneous bullshit.

If you're just getting into them it will take a while to get used to but once you know what you're doing and have the right mindset they're brilliant.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.