[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take away all The Legend of Zelda branding, what does this game have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 5

File: babbys first open world game.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
babbys first open world game.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Take away all The Legend of Zelda branding, what does this game have?
>>
Why are you so bothered by a great game? Your life must be pitiful and depressing.
>>
>>377210663
a cease & desist
>>
>>377210747
>You can't be critical of things I like without being joyless

fuck off redditor.

>>377210663
It's a game that's fun for the first week or two but gets old fast with the repetitive areas and tasks.
>>
>>377210747
I'm not, I just don't see the interest. I own the game and have put loads of hours into it.
>>
>>377210663
Idk, a colossal open world with unparalleled care, chinese dragons roaming, and so much shit there is no way I could describe it all in one post?
Even getting youself lost in a frozen wasteland was fun.
>>
>>377210663

a really interesting, vibrant world full to the brim of things to see and do, combined with the freedom to experience that world any way you want.
>>
>>377210889
I agree with this. Fist 20 or so seeds that I found, i climbed a mountain and moved a stone that looked out of place, or I solved a puzzle by pushing a boulder down a hill, and it was great. I lost a lot of interest when i realized how fucking many mountain peaks have the out of place rocks and how uninteresting it is to seek out the seeds when there's almost a thousand of them in the game. Same with the shrines, there's only a few base kinds of shrines (motion control puzzle, water puzzle, stasis puzzle, guardian combat) and they just kind of repeat. Took the wind out of my sails for the game rather quick. I was bored of it within 2 weeks.
>>
>>377210872
>hurr durr repetitive

incredible critique. you should be a games journalist. what are you waiting for? get your résumé out there.
>>
>>377210970
Well shilled.
>>
>>377210970
>so much shit
>>377211049
>full to the brim with things to see and do

such as?
>>
>>377211085
Great retort
>>
>>377211138

lmao, heres your (You)
>>
>>377210663
10/10 best game ever. I'm sorry that you are so set in your sony ponies way to see it for what it is : a masterpiece

Now, please do provide endless tears and shitposting about how millions of people are wrong and you are right.
>>
>>377210872
>1-2 weeks
Maybe it's because you have exhausted almost all the content in the game that's why it feels repititive
>>
>>377211138
You can see it for yourself if you play the game, don't worry. If you don't like the content it's still there, so don't go "MUH MUH IT DOESN'T COUNTTT" to me
>>
>>377210663
I'm seriously impressed by the amount of rectal ravaging this game has done around here, it's unreal that it's been over 2 months and these threads are still made multiple times a day every day.
>>
>>377210663
You'd probably like it then, cuck
>>
File: IMG_6509.jpg (79KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6509.jpg
79KB, 421x421px
>>377211203
>>377211303

Why is it that whenever you ask someone to explain Zelda's content they never give you an answer? You could ask someone about the kinds of things in GTA, the witcher, Elder scrolls, far cry, whatever else and get an answer. Try asking a Nintenfat about zelda and you'll always get "NICE BAIT" or "JUST PLAY IT RETARD" or another non-answer, but never an actual answer to your question.
>>
>>377211241
So a game with 0 replay value should be exhausted after 1-2 weeks of light-moderate playing? It's not like there's multiple builds or routes which makes a second run more fun. I thought BOTW was meant to be a massive game with tons to do, but if I can experience all the content in 20 hours that doesn't sound quite right.
>>
>>377211763
Because you can easily google it yourself, and even if we tell you you're going to say it's shit anyway.

By the way the game can be easily emulated, just do that
>>
>>377211856
>20 hours
>all the content
I doubt so unless you are using a guide. And no, I'm not talking about Koroks. The main quest already takes you around 15 hours, you said 1-2 weeks, not 20 hours.
>>
>>377211763
>the kinds of things in GTA, the witcher, Elder scrolls, far cry

Such as?
>>
File: IMG_6612.jpg (1000KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6612.jpg
1000KB, 3264x2448px
>>377211869
I own the game. I'm asking what makes you believe it's "filled to the brim". I think it feels pretty empty and quite repetitive. I'm simply asking what kinds of things you're doing in the game to occupy your time. "Google it retard" is not an answer.
>>
>>377211947
1-2 weeks of light - moderate play. A few hours a day. That's what it took for me to feel tired of it.
>>
>>377211978
Is your life really so empty that you have to start this thread several times a day because you can't stand that people actually enjoy a game?
>>
I guess you'd have an excellent new IP that everyone would enjoy

you'd understand the love for this game if you just played it, /v/. i wasn't even a zelda fan before this. i bought a switch for xenoblade and mario
>>
>>377211978
>posting this AGAIN
you bought try switch just to shitposts did you not?
Seriously how pathetic, you appear in EVERY SINGLE THREAD, and I don't even browse much
And yes, I know you think all those things don't count.
>>
>>377210663
I do feel that it being a Zelda game makes the high-points much better, like finding the Master Sword, pulling it out, re-imagining of familiar characters, etc.
But the reverse applies to the low-points, making them feel worse than they would've felt if it wasn't tied to the franchise, like awful english voice acting, unsatisfying final boss, samey dungeons, easy puzzles, etc.

I'm a sucker when it comes to plain world exploration, so I still would've enjoyed the game a lot, but it was ultimately enhanced by being tied to a series it could build on.
>>
>>377212037
>1-2 weeks
That's a big gap you know?

And I can understand if you're tired of a game because you might not like it, but what I have a beef with is those poeple saying "HURR DURR THERE IS NOTHING AFTER 200 HOURS" because yeah duh, the game runs out of content at some point
>>
>>377211960
>gta
side missions, the strangers system with the randomly generated instances of hitchhikers and what not, store robberies, races, stunt courses, flight school, peyote trips, property management, sports such as golf and tennis, hunting, underwater exploration
>the witcher
side quests, treasure hunts, monster contracts, bounties, dungeons, gwent both card collecting/hunting down and actual gwent games and tournaments, horse races, fist fight tournaments
>far cry
i don't know far cry is shit. i was just saying, ask someone in a far cry thread what there is to do in far cry and you'll get a response.
>>
An interesting mix of Dragon's Dogma and Dead Rising with climbing mechanics, emergent environmental effects, and a charming setting.
>>
>>377212068
that doesn't answer my question
>>377212115
i'm enjoying mario kart. that is my first picture of my switch i've ever posted. i posted it once earlier this morning. i didn't make the OP in this thread.

Are you done deflecting? want to actually give an answer now?
>>
An interesting question. It is heavily dynamic but void.
>>
>>377210889
Then you must be a clueless child who understands NOTHING about game design. Don't cry about it too much.
>>
>>377212219

filler
>>
>>377212219
okay so breath of the wild has
>shrines, dungeons, Koroks, side quests (includes riddles and standard fetchquests), town building, bowling minigame, paragliding minigame, horse races, mounted archery, foot race (it's not even the complete list of minigames) hunting, bomb fishing, treasure hunts
>>
>>377212379
>town building
what
>>
>>377212294
>that doesn't answer my question
I didn't try to answer a question aimed at someone else. I'm just asking if you're life is really that empty that you have to do this 24/7? And please, it's not the first picture. I don't even browse /v/ that often anymore but every time I enter a Nintendo or Zelda thread, a retard with an identical style of writing as yours and with your handwriting is posting retarded shit about the game, objectively wrong things and when called out for not owning the game he's all "haha I ownz it her iz skrenshut!".
>>
>>377212294
What answer? Answer to your shit taste? No thanks, you can just google if you want a real answer. I won't answer if you already made up your mind about something, there's literally 0 point

You don't like the game, I understand that, move on
>>
>>377212379
And no link between them
How ironic
>>
>>377211978
If you think that botw sucks, and at the same time you like mario kart, I have some news for you:
you are a fucking casual, even by nintendo standards.
>>
>>377212407
>he didn't go to bolson's wedding

loser
>>
>>377212407
>he didn't find Tarrey town yet
LOL
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 1200x675px
>>377212454
>no link between them
UMMM SWEETIE THAT'S WRONG
>>
>>377212417
you thinking that i'm posting in all of these threads doesn't make it true. that's the only photo of my switch on my phone you mongoloid. I wasn't even trying to make you not like he game. I could give a shit about what you like or don't like. i didn't make this thread. i was asking what made the people i quoted say that it was full of content, where i felt that it was quite empty. I've posted in two threads regarding zeldas short comings, both of them in the past 6 hours. You're embarrassing yourself honestly.
>>
>>377212546
>i-it's not me
>it's just someone with an identically shit taste, style of writing and handwriting as me!
>y-you're just mad
>>
>>377212546
If you feel it's empty and already made up your mind what is the point of us engaging you? Neither side will admit defeat
>>
>>377212423
Holy fuck this is maddening. I just want to know what's in the game that's making you boast how densely packed with content it is. Thats irrelevant to me liking or disliking it. Am i missing something? Are we playing the same game? The fact that you're STILL dodging the question really doesn't bode well for your side of the debate. I just wanted to know at first but now I really don't think you can answer.
>>
>>377212407
Anothet fucking stupid little shit stain played two hours on cemu. Kill yourself.
>>
>>377210663
You can't take away the branding without removing an important element of the game, which is the setting, which is what a lot of people enjoy exploring it for. It's like trying to criticize any IP but take out the IP.

Regardless, it still has a massive world that is geographically well crafted, suited for exploring at your own pace, and with 120 shrines (most of which are unique puzzles) and many other things to find. If I was a 6-10 year old growing up now, I know I'd be having an absolute blast with it.
>>
>>377211978
Well you can free a corrupted dragon on a mountain or look for the statue of a missing goddess or navigate a maze wreathed in eternal darkness or go bowling with snowballs or hunt a giant horse or shoot targets on mounted obstacle course or hunt down your memories based on an ancient painting or bring ice across the desert or cook for a hungry bird or start a town or decipher an ancient plaque broken into fragments or help a shy dude get a date or ride a bomb powered rollercoaster or search for ancient leviathan skeletons or summon a horse diety or take photos of wildlife or play the fucking game
>>
>>377212665
Okay then
>empty
I don't feel the game is empty as I stumble into something every 30 seconds or so, either an enemy, chest, shrine, korok or stable
>repititive
I used physics heavily in my attacks for fighting so it never felt repititive but fresh and random. The puzzle shrines all have different puzzles although the underlying concept might be simple. There are plenty of different environments in the game, so the overworld never got stale. The only repititive thing is the combat shrines to me

Now there is no need to reply saying how my opinions are wrong, but I hope you got what you wanted
>>
>>377212664
Prove me wrong. I wanted to know if there's something i'm missing but you retards just dodging everything is really baffling at this point. not even a difficult question.

>>377212641
Think what you want you fucking dunce lmao. I'll enjoy living in your head rent free from now on. Be sure to think of me next time someone dislikes zelda and your brain can't comprehend that more than one person doesn't like a mediocre game.
>>
>a sandbox the size of Kyoto with the best sense of scale in any video game to date, ON TOP, on top of having the best verticality
>the best physics simulator implemented into a video game
>a moving minimalist storyline that sets an example of the ratio of gameplay should be.
>beautiful aesthetics and music that alone are worth the price of the game, given how rare good music in games is and Nintendo's last poor efforts in Zelda
It's not perfect by any means (I do have gripes with the controls *cough*run&jump*cough*), but it's still the best game of at least the last decade.

>>377210747
Ouch. How will OP ever recover?
>>
It's another BotW-denial thread.

/v/ will never recover from the embarrassment.
>>
>>377211085

Can you stop being triggered? Go to reddit where you can downvote him or something. It's valid criticism. BotW IS repetitive.
>>
>>377212869
>a mediocre game
>more baseless hyperbole
Do these faggots ever get tired? This is viral marketing tier.
>>
>>377210663
the best open world ever created.
>>
No it isn't you stupid fucking child. You can do whatever you want. You're not forced to do anything. Repetitive? Jesus fucking Christ. That has to be the most laughably desperate attempt to criticise BotW in some time.
>>
>>377212968
This post was clearly written by a redditor, lurk more faggot and you will see how to blend it.
>>
>>377210663
Great art-style and a pretty damn good physics engine that lets you interact with the world in a way other open world games don't.
>>
>>377210663
The best new IP of the decade. It might as well be, seeing as people bitch about it not being a "real" Zelda game (despite it being inspired by the first one more than any other).
>>
>>377213584
OOoh did hivemind baby get a nerve pricked?
>>
>>377211076
Pretty much this. I experienced everything it had to offer in about 2 weeks. Great game but no longevity or replayability whatsoever.
>>
>>377213584
>Gets btfo
>Immediately cries Reddit
>>
>A mile wide and an inch deep

This phrase feels like it was created for this game
>>
>>377210872
>redditor
>>377213082
>reddit
>>377213584
>redditor

Jesus Christ. At a certain point I hope redditors take over, y'all fucking retarded monkeys.

>Hurr durr go to reddit nomie plebian.

BOTW was ok, it gets old pretty quick. I enjoyed it for a couple weeks (maybe 50 hours).
>>
>>377212665
See >>377212379 for just a brief, abridged list. But you will ignore this.
>>
Almost 3 months on and /v/ still can't accept how grand BotW.

I have never seen anyone raise a single issue with the game which isn't some desperate attempt to elevate a minor nitpick and pretending it's a major flaw.

>The OST is bad!
>T-there's only 20 individual enemies each with different levels and elemental variations!
>The weapons break!
>it-it's too easy! I can heal myself whenever I want! Too easy!
>The overworld is too big!

Fucking hilarious watching the desperation. I never get tired.
>>
>>377213710
>>377213750
OwO If you knew what a poster count was you would have seen that was my first post in the thread *cough*but you don't *cough*
>>
>>377213874
As opposed to other open world games that are a meter wide and a millimeter deep?
>>
>>377213902
This is just desperate.
>>
>>377213879
Reddit took over this place a long time ago.
>>
>>377212838
>>377212968
>>377212379
>no replies from OP
OP btfo
>>
Anyone else having issues with 4chan or is it just me?
>>
>>377214025
You just blow in from stupid town? These are just bait threads that /v/ has on every game that is midly successful. OP never responds.
>>
>>377214124
Like threads not updating? Yeah, me too. Apparently something with the site itself if that's the case.
>>
>>377213891
My only issue with the game is that the story isn't interesting. I'm about halfway through the game but I put it down to play Persona 5 instead.
>>
>>377214287
>I have shit taste
This is not news.
>>
Honestly, for me, being a Zelda fan but also love open world games and sandbox stuff, if you took everything related to zelda, it would still be my #1 game of all times, and would have shat all over Zelda games for not being more like it.

I still play breath of the wild because it caters to my taste perfectly, it's everything I've ever wanted in a videogame, the mechanics, the freedom, the content, the music, the world, it's all in there, it's my definition of a 10/10 game.

Aside from that, it being a Zelda game, made it so much better since the series needed this, and I'm impressed at the team, can't wait how they'll follow up breath of the wild, but I'm sure I'll still be playing it until then
>>
>>377210663
Without the Zelda skin it's a 7.5/10 open world game. It will scratch the itch of people who like that genre and turn off people who don't. Unfortunately people don't buy games to play them anymore, they buy them to fit in to "nerd culture" so if it's Zelda it must be 10/10.
>>
>>377214475
I feel this same way, but saying this on /v/ is effectively saying the exact opposite. Which you may well be aware of and are just paid by Sony for damage control.

If you truly love BOTW, stfu about it.
>>
>>377214475
Pretty much this, it's hands down the best game I've ever played.
>>
>>377211347
Provided that /v/ still exists then, you can bet that you'll still see threads assblasted over Breath of the Wild half a decade from now.
>>
>>377214475
I agree. BotW is the game I've wanted since I was a child. Do I miss the elaborate themed dungeons of the older games? Yeah, but I can understand why Nintendo wanted to give them a rest for this game and I know they'll be back in future entries in the series.

BotW is an absolute masterpiece. Everyone knows it. But /v/ will continue to live in salty denial because of some irrational, psychotic hatred for a video game company.
>>
>>377212968
Is this b8?
>literally (actual literally, not figurative literally) no music in huge spans of the game, and minimalist non memorable music in the rest
>rare good music
Tell me, anon, can you hum even one track from this game? Can you think of even one tune that got "stuck in your head"? Notice how the answer is no to both? Now do the same thing, but substitute in Zelda 1 or Zelda 2 or ALttP or LA or OoT or MM or WW or OoS or OoA. Zelda games are known for their music and this game gets a 0/10 in the music category.
>>
>>377214924
But I can hum melodies and I still think the music is masterful.
Stop shitposting just because you're too much of a pleb to appreciate impressionistic arrangements.
>>
>>377214924
hmm-mm

hmm-mm

hmm-m-m-m hmmmmm

bonus points for anyone who knows the tune
>>
>>377215148
Darude Sandstorm
>>
>>377215148
>>377215220

upvoted
>>
>>377213545

Who were you quoting?
>>
>>377215342
The irony.
>>
>>377214924
>can you hum even one track from this game?

Yeah plenty. Quite clearly you didn't play much.
>>
I enjoyed FFXV more than BOTW. Shoot me.
>>
>>377215543
>I have shit taste so x is bad
Every time.
>>
>>377215638
When did I ever imply that BOTW is bad? It's a fine game.
>>
>>377215543
Different strokes for different folks. .
>>
>>377210872
I wanted to love it but the constant inventory management and lack of anything to break up the monotony of just attacking outpost after outpost made me drop the game after 10-15 hours. I know there are the little 2 minute dungeons but they are insulting easy and all look identical.

I like the art style and the movement and way you get around (climbing, gliding, shield surfing) is 10/10, but the game doesn't have enough unique content for me to care. The only rewards are weapons that will break after 4-5 enemies max or spirit orbs. I recognize that it is a solid 8/10 game, but for me personally the world is too dull to just run around exploring. I probably won't ever bother beating it.
>>
>>377215543
I agree. Final Fantasy XV was fun as fuck. I don't get the hate. FFXV is 8/10 and Zelda is 7/10. Both good games.
>>
Why is Link looked so feminine in this game?
I feel like Im turning into gay
>>
>>377210747
I hope that was a rhetorical question, because yes, console warriors and especially Nyggers are pitiful and depressing, and have been using this pathetic excuse of an """"""argument"""""" since they lost E3 to a single game.
>>
>>377210970
>and so much shit
Exactly this.
Nine fucking hundred pieces of it and if you collect them all, you get golden DOUBLE SHIT as a reward.
Isn't that awesome?
>>
>beautiful world
>beautiful artstyle
>multiple paths
>lynels
>classy soundtrack

That's better than 99% of the games avaidable
>>
>>377210663
The greatest video game experience ever crafted. You may even call it 'art'.
>>
>>377210663
Amazing world design, fun exploration, cool armors, great art style, captivating soundtrack, clever puzzles and interesting physics?
>>
>>377210663
As far as /v/ is concerned, it'd receive even more praise.
>>
Way fewer shitposters
>>
>>377211763

Fun and interesting side characters with lots of attention to detail

Environments that feel rewarding to explore on their own merits, even during the instances when the tangible rewards you receive for exploration aren't as useful as you would have liked

An intuitive set of tools and puzzles to use them on, left purposely open ended so you can explore in the way that best suits you. I appreciate how they skewed more heavily towards realistic solutions for puzzles instead of defaulting to Zelda logic (ie: light all of the torches to open a door)
>>
Hands down the best sound design in a video game ever
Play it with a good pair of headphones.
>>
>>377217248
Except the lack of music.
>>
>>377214775

what
>>
>>377216908
>>377216979
>good art
>good soundtrack
bait
>>
>>377214924
Hyrule castle, guardian's theme, stone talus got stuck in my head for a while. Really think they're great tunes
>>
Just Cause is way more fun of a fuck-around physics sandbox.
>>
>>377217203
>lack of Zelda logic
This, this, so much this, this is the reason why I love this game so much, I was sick to death of the find object-solve dungeon with object formula, I love Zelda but it turned all dungeons into a slog after you got their item.
>>
>>377210663
I'm not sure, im not a child anymore so I don't play these kinds of games
>>
>>377217271

Part of the success of its sound design is knowing when to use music and when to shy away from it and just let ambient piano fills and nature sounds take over. The more structured melodic pieces in BotW are wonderful, but it would get really tiresome hearing some sort of anthemic 'hyrule field' theme when you're just clowning around in the grass or climbing the same wall for 5 minutes. It reminds me a lot of the Souls series and Team Ico games where it uses music contextually to heighten the ambiance when needed
>>
>>377210663
Fun, lots of it.
>>
>>377217372
Souls has good music when it needs to, though. BOTW never delivers.
>>
>>377217357

I guess I'll take one for the team and get the (You) out of the way
>>
Mediocre everything.
>>
>>377217414

I loved the labyrinth theme, Hyrule Castle theme, Vah Ruta exterior music and the songs for the interiors of all of the Divine Beasts. I'm sorry the soundtrack wasn't to your liking, but we can just agree to disagree here.
>>
>>377212083
Is that actually how the game looks?
That's just sad
>>
test
>>
if this was a new IP and not a zelda game it would have gotten low 8s across the board
>>
The best gane of the year
>>
>>377217414
I don't actually believe for a second you've played it if this isn't just shit posting.
>>
>>377217271
But it has music and in fact is the best aspect of the game????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAX8nHkpmHo
>>377217414
>never delivers
>ending actually gets to the classic Zelda melody
>the two gorgeous compositions inside and outside Hyrule castle
Even from a formal standpoint the game delivers, I understand if it's not to your liking but that doesn't mean that the soundtrack is beautifully sparse and only means to showcase their foley and sound design.
>>
>>377210663
That actually improves the game though. The only thing working against it is the expectations of a metroid/traditional zelda game structure. Literally everything else is perfect
>>
A game with interesting ideas. Unfortunately, the criticism would be allowed, and thus the opinions wouldn't be shot down by fanboys.
>>
>>377214475

this
>>
>>377217596
Name more than 5 good/memorable tracks and I'll admit this game has a good ost
>>
>>377214475
>my #1 game of all time
holy hell you are basic
>>
Hot characters
>>
>>377217610
Such shit taste.
>>
>>377217596
That doesn't mean that it doesn't deliver*
>>
>>377210663
>great art direction, akkala or zora's domain are some of the most beautiful environments in any open world
>fantastic environmental effects making the world feel alive and natural
>outstanding level design, landmarks are positioned in a way that allows you to orient yourself by sight without the need of a map, vantage points everywhere giving access to multiple points of interest
>activating a tower doesn't litter your map with icons, letting you discover activities by yourself
>fantastic traversal mechanics, you can climb everywhere, gliding to your destination feels organic and evokes a true feeling of freedom
>great action setpieces before the dungeons
>lots of cool moments of discovery that make the world feel strange, eerie and stimulates your imagination (the blood moon, the corrupted dragon, the horse fairy, the ruins in darkness, the lord of the mountain etc)
>clever environmental puzzles well integrated into the main theme of the game
>goofy npcs and some pretty funny dialogue
>etc etc
it's a great game, it's time to get some treatment for your anal fissures
>>
>>377217792
>I define myself by my taste in video games, and i'd rather die than love a popular game

jesus christ go outside dude
>>
>>377217557
Best game of the past 20 years.
>>
>>377217786
Rito Village day
Rito Village night
Riding night
Gerudo Town day
Main Theme
Guardian Battle
Temple of Time
Refer to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03xzGueWpkU
>>
>>377217786
Molduga battle (both phases)
Rito Village
Kass' theme
Main theme (Kass version, final battle version)
Sidon's theme
>>
>>377216472
>lost E3 to a single game
Hooo boy hope that was ironic
>>
>>377218039
Those are some great points. Can't wait to see someone desperately trying to poke holes in it.
>>
>>377210663
Freedom rivaled only by Shadows of Mordor.
Interesting characters.
Thoughtful mechanics.
Loads of secrets and reasons to explore areas not attached to any specific quests.
>>
>>377218304
>historical revisionism on /v/
Don't do this.
>>
>>377211085

>120 shrines all with either a piss easy puzzle or a fight that just serves to check how strong/how many weapons you have
>only about 4 or 5 enemy types with different color schemes that signify their hp and damage output
>four of the lamest boss fights in Zelda history, each of which only takes about a dozen elemental arrows to cheese through.

The game is ultra casual and super repetitive. How do people defend this shit? Every one of you faggots that praise this game must love shit like farcry 4 and horizon and every other game that is nothing but a super repetitive open world meme
>>
>>377217786
Main Theme
Hateno Day
Night Riding
Hyrule Castle Outside
Blight Battles
Kass Theme
Dragon Roost remix
>>
>>377218256
>>377218274

You know it may be really slow and not to a lot of peoples liking but the Flight Range theme actually made me stop for the first time in the entire game to actually listen to the music rather then just listen while walking to a destination

It's a very pretty rendition of that theme
>>
>>377218304
It's actually true. This board exploded with hate and many people spent the past year doing everything within their ability to undermine the game.

You can actually hear their jaws drop in utter fucking horror when BotW turned out to one of the best games ever made. The desperation has continued as they fruitlessly try to find some fault, ANY fault, with the game.
>>
>>377218382

If you don't like Zelda, you're free to play something else. There's thousands of games out there that are probably more your speed! Any one of them is potentially a lot more fulfilling than arguing with people who don't care about a game you don't like.
>>
>>377218382
>120 shrines all with either a piss easy puzzle or a fight that just serves to check how strong/how many weapons you have
Pathetic attempt at trying to find a fault
>only about 4 or 5 enemy types with different color schemes that signify their hp and damage output
Lying on the internet.
>four of the lamest boss fights in Zelda history, each of which only takes about a dozen elemental arrows to cheese it
Wow, so you can beat the bosses easier if you prepare yourself with powerful weapon. Whodda fucking thunk it? Game is obviously shit.

>The game is ultra casual and super repetitive. How do people defend this shit?

Why are so much in denial because Nintendo made a good game? Stamp your feet while you cry, it might help.
>>
>>377210872
>reddit spacing
fuck off redditor.
>>
>>377218831
While there aren't that many enemies compared to older games they're instead smarter than any of the previous Zelda enemies we've ever gotten.

There's also little things like the Bokoblin in the mountains trying to defrost his friends with a fire rod. Or watching a Moblin hit a Bokoblin on the back of the head because he let a boar get away that makes it feel, I dunno, more immersive?
>>
>>377219050

Yeah, this is maybe the first time since LttP that the enemy varieties have actually mattered

I actually just finished replaying the Oracles games and there's tons of different enemies, all of whom (with a few exceptions) just stand there and wait to die, or maybe throw a projectile if they're feeling saucy
>>
>>377218831
>Wow, so you can beat the bosses easier if you prepare yourself with powerful weapon. Whodda fucking thunk it? Game is obviously shit
>why didn't you use the starter weapon? how dare you ask this game to be challenging!!
>>
>>377219050
Exactly. Most classic enemies wouldn't even work in an open world setting, that's why they went with a few highly detailed and flexible enemies instead.
>>
>>377216382
>I don't get the hate.

It's a messy unfinished game that doesn't even explains you Ifrit was the one who unleashed that desease over the planet and Ardyn was just his fucking Pawn.

Ah, and forget about the Empire and the Emperor and the generals they have been teasing us for 10 fucking years, they are all killed off screen.
>>
This is very much the new Skyrim, isn't it.
I can't even tell if some of you are being ironic or if you are really that out of touch with gaming.
>>
>>377219431

I can't tell what this is trying to convey, but I can tell it was a weak attempt at an own either way
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc
Holy shit they made a 2D demo with every feature
>>
>>377210663

An interesting overworld and plenty of interesting mechanics to interact with it.
>>
>>377210663
neat ai that is never utilized since all fights are optional
>>
>>377210663

It would suddenly be a good game in its own right, rather than a bad zelda game.
>>
>>377219507
I hope that demo gets released some day, maybe as part of the season pass.
>>
>>377210663
It would be more niche and less popular so /v/ would consistently suck its dick instead of consistently try and drag it down, both irregardless of its actual qualities or flaws. /v/ only cares about its hipster cred.
>>
>>377217292

NO. YOU
>>
>>377210663

A pretty good game to be honest, there's a lot of shit to do and a lot to explore. I've stopped playing the game without finishing it but that's more because I played a fuckload of it and wanted to move onto other games for now, I greatly enjoyed the time I spent with BotW.
>>
>>377210663
an enjoyable experience
>>
>>377210663
It would still have the best open world game design.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.