[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: FFVII.png (641KB, 855x411px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII.png
641KB, 855x411px
last thread 404'd >>377196054

Are you looking forward to the remake lads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg
>>
Yuffie.
>>
Not really. But I kind of stopped caring about FF7 when Square started focusing so much on it that they ruined it. What made it interesting was how weird everything was which I feel AC tried to strip away. And since AC is now the thing all FF7 has to abide by I have little to no interest in the remake.
>>
>>377202402
Only an imbecile will believe the E3 showcase will reflect the quality of the finished game
>>
Yes desu. I'll watch a talk free let's play of it when it comes out. I won't buy a PS4 though, so unless it comes out on other platforms I probably will never play it. I'm anxious to see everything presented in a more cinematic vision rather than watching all the polygon characters stand around in pre rendered buildings with text boxes.

I'll always love the old game but it will be cool to see it updated.
>>
Have they announced all of the voice cast yet?
>>
>>377202402
Yes. Why? I just want to play it.

>inb4 action games for ADHD kids
I really don't get the hate out of the game mechanic. It is fun, same with ATB, I did have fun with it back then. These days? I'd rather go full turn based, and Mobius FF did show that SquareEnix can create a fun and more active turn based combat, and I have more fun with Mobius than I had with XV. If only they'd place a block/parry command based on timing, that'll be neat.
>>
>>377202402
That weird FFX esque voice over was complete gibberish. Is it supposed to be Red reminiscing about the events of the game?
>>
>>377205850
Yeah, when I really think it over, it really is gibberish, typical Nomura/Nojima writing. But that voice over gives me chills everytime I watch that trailer. Even to this day, I can't believe that it is actually happening.
>>
>>377205850
You don't know what gibberish means.
>>
>>377204607
watching any random FF15 trailer now really shows how dishonest and how much SE lied.
So i agree with you.
>>
I lost interest when they decided to make it episodic with DLC.
>>
>>377206180
Tabata's a lying hack

Watch any 2.8 trailer instead, everything we saw from it's trailers was in the game
>>
>>377206315
Of all the things wrong with this "reimagining" this is by far the worst. What tiny fractional chance there was of me buying this disappeared completely when they announced this, as it should have done for anyone.
>>
>>377205850
It sounds like English directly translated from Japanese
>>
>>377207585
The real problem is that they will by definition have to destroy the story pacing and fill every entry with countless shit that wasnt in the origional to get the content for the three games.
Therefore wrecking one of the biggest strenghts of FF7 the pacing... no to mention that nomura already said he was suprised with how much story changes he is allowed to make and get away with... this will not be a remake. This will be a different game with a couple of similar looking 3d models.. not even the characters of the individuals will survive this "remake". Hopefully i am completely wrong but i dont see how.
>>
>>377207739
They directly said there wont be much if any additions from the Compilation in order to keep the remake as close to the original as possible.
>>
>>377206315
Where did you hear DLC?
>>
>>377207739
Episodic games do;t tend to be very long anyway.

.Hack was like what 10 hours per game?
>>
>>377207765
Putting aside that the compliation wrecks everything in FF7 and is some of the worst shit ever produced from SE and has nothing to do with the original and feels like a fanfic of a shit stupid weebs. How exactly will the making multiple games when you can finish FF7 blind in 55 hours not force them to add crap? Yeah dude if you think they will not add new shit making story/content/pacing worse compared to the original while at the same time cutting beloved stuff and details from the original.. well i dont know what to say to you besides lol good luck with your unfounded optimism in SE.
>>
>>377208087
I think you severely underestimate how big a game FF7 is, there's a reason why they took so long to remake it.

And with today's production standards, they'll have more than enough to revise and expand upon from the base game alone.
>>
>>377207942
The explicitly said multiple times that every part of FF7r will have the content of a full game (well if the full game in question is not FF7 lol)
>>
File: 1491871901212.jpg (160KB, 1600x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1491871901212.jpg
160KB, 1600x1216px
>being excited for an episodic game
yeah sure okay pal
>>
>>377208154
I think you severely have no clue what you are talking about, FF7 is my favorite game of all time and i play though it every winter at Christmas time, i have it completely modded with higher diffculty setting with tifas bootleg and higher visual quality completet every challange under the sun and is my most played game of all time. Again if dont know a thing about FF7 then i dont know about anyhting at all cause no other game got the amount of years in them from me.
>>
>>377208306
I dont care how much you speedrun it, the game as it is already has a shitload of content compared to most games today, and if they're really going to do it justice then it'll take more than a one and done deal.
>>
>>377208154
>there's a reason why they took so long to remake it.
Because it was their ace in the pocket, their guaranteed get out of jail free card that cannot fail to make megabux. And STILL they seem to be determined to fuck it up as much as possible.
SE are hacks from the ground up, from the devs up through management. Just look at what they did to Hitman.
>>
>>377202402
>Play it first on playstation 4

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377208357
Its really that way SE can shit in your faces all they want for now longer than a decade yet you still believe they will deliver when they couldn deliver anything in the last what 15years where they still had most talent compared to today..
People that still think SE is squaresoft and we will get FF6,7,8,9 type of rpgs with todays SE are just.. sad? no pity i pity you cause there is a higher chance of you getting hit by a lighting right now than SE delivering a faitful remake to the game they produced at their high of talent and quality decades ago. Dont know where you take the optimism from it certainly cant be from SE games. Also you ever thought about how SE internally discussed cutting up every game they have for profit and have done exactly this with hitmen and then announced FF7 will get the same treatment? Ever thought about this at all?
Or how FF15 has story events in its main story relegated to dlc?
>>
>>377208667
Type like you can speak English. And dont bring 15 into this since the directors and respective design philosophies are entirely different.

Idiots who think the publisher is the same as the director shouldnt even be trying to have this discussion.
>>
>>377208803
Are you fucking stupid by any chance?
Tabata was only brought in cause nomura messes everything up with his fake "perfectionism".
As seen by KH and FFversus... and now i should be happy this failure of priorites is working on the FF7R? Also no dont care that he was involved with the original this was then his fuck ups are now. Still take him over tabata but this doesn mean shit when he cant finish games now does it?
>>
Looks like XV lite, and that game was shit, soo..

No.
>Episodic
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.