[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best castlevania ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (186KB, 1000x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 1000x1080px
What is the best castlevania ever?
>>
File: Worst Castlevania.png (895KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Castlevania.png
895KB, 3840x2560px
>>377200156
>>
>>377200301
I actually think this is one of the best
>>
>>377200156
Symphony of the Night
>>
I want to play Harmony of Dissonance again. It was such a fun spinoff
>>
>>377200156
Why is there no good anal of her?

Captcha: Pedidos Alma
>>
Charlotte is lovely.
>>
>>377200156
rondo of blood
>>
File: 1492567743566.jpg (320KB, 659x822px) Image search: [Google]
1492567743566.jpg
320KB, 659x822px
>>377200156
Symphony of the Night is still the best Igavania, Rondo of Blood is still the best Classicvania, Shanoa is still the best waifu.
>>
>>377200156
The one with Dracula in it
>>
Belmonts Revenge for the game boy.

>only axe and holy water because they're all that matter
>whip at full upgrades launches fire
>soundtrack is baller as fuck
>Belmont pimp walk in full effect

Favorite game in the whole series.
>>
>>377200301
no fuck you, that's the best one
>>
>>377200156
not legends
>>
>>377204078
Wrong.
Order of Ecclesia is the best Igavania, Super Castlevania IV is the best Classicvania.
I agree on shanoa tho.
>>
>>377200156
CHARLOTTE
>>
>>377206681
JONATHAN
>>
Rondo of Blood.
>>
>>377204326
>muh waifu is in it; therefore, it's the best
Kill yourself, virgin.
>>
90s kid. Symphony of the night on that old school shit... shit was bugged so you actually had to take advantage of a bug to get %100 completion on the map. I remember the first time I found everything and explored everything and I was like 98 percent of some shit. Beat it like 3 times though. The most unique addictive rpg of its day and could not be replicared to the same degree although I do recall one castlevanoa being close. On ds if irc
>>
>>377209158
>replicared
I like this word. It really conveys how much love was put into the game; that SotN is something more than just a sum of graphics and game systems. Very deep, anon. Very deep.
>>
>>377200156

Better question: which Castlevania has the best version of Bloody Tears?
>>
>>377200156
the one where op's image shows tits.
>>
>>377200156
Let's make it harder.
What's the best castlevania 3d
>>
>>377209267
C2: Simon's Quest
Anything else is for fucking plebs.

>Kill dracula
>Get cursed to death by dracula for fucking his shit up
>'Nah m8' revive dracula from the dead just to kick his shit in AGAIN for cursing you.
>Die anyway, but knowing you're a fucking badass
Best Plot.
>>
File: 1-1024_5174.jpg (83KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
1-1024_5174.jpg
83KB, 1024x573px
>>377211882
>Die anyway, but knowing you're a fucking badass
>He didn't get the good ending.
>>
>>377200156
Rondo of Blood
>>
Curse of Darkness
>>
>>377200156
test
>>
>>377212373
Game?
>>
>>377212969
I think that was the only 3Dvania I've played, and it was on the original XBOX. It wasn't BAD, the crafting was rather involved, and the companions offer a bit of variety.
>>
>>377213721
First one I played was Legacy of Darkness on the N64, couldn't get into the 2D ones after that
>>
>>377204326
No. Classicvania goes like this.
Rondo > III > X68000 > IV > Bloodlines > Belmont's Revenge > Dracula X > Castlevania > Adventure Rebirth > Vampire Killer > Simon's Quest > Legends > Adventure > Haunted Castle
>>
Best Metroidvania: Order of Ecclesia

Best Classicvania: Adventure Rebirth

Best 3Dvania: Curse of Darkness

Best Dracula: Portrait of Ruin

Best Belmont: Julius Belmont

Best Legion: Aria of Sorrow
>>
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

These are the objectively correct answers from someone with over 10k hours in the series

Also Shanoa is best girl and an extremely underrated character design in general
>>
Best Metroidvania: OoE
Best Classicvania: RoB
>>
>>377213010
Odallus. Pretty cool. Still doesn't fill the void if you're a castlevania fan, but fun. There's also Brave Earth, but the author has taken several years to release it and it seems like never ever. There's also the castlevania minecraft map, imbalanced but fun.
>>
>>377214838
Order of Ecclesia fucking sucks. Every level is a flat corridor, the powers are lame, the story is whocares tier and the music is mediocre. Stop being blinded by your hardon for Shanoa, you shallow little man.
>>
>>377217530
>Levels
They were flatter because they tried to make Shanoa's Quest: the metroidvania. I was pleased but not with this change. Pleased because it was a good idea. Not because it wasn't as fun as old metroid and neither as fun as Simon's Quest.
>Powers are lame
Shit's fun though. I like how they merged the soul system with a weapon system and added combinations and extras. Perhaps you're biased here because nothing can ever top DSS
>Story
You can't possibly hate the story. If there was something they did right this was THE thing. It went back to the good old plots of hammerfilms movies. I liked that, as it showed they respected the origins of the game.
>Music
Grew on me. It's not the best in the series, but I liked the tracks more than PoR stuff. Except Jail of Jewel and the name entry music from PoR, which is 10/10.
>Shanoa
Shit waifu desu, but I ended up liking her.
>>
>>377217530
>Caring about the non existent story in a Castlevania game

I 100% agree with that anon, IV and OoE are the best.
>>
>>377218936
How is IV better than Rondo, III, or X68k?
>>
>>377218936
Caring? Are you illiterate? I literally said it was whocares tier. Fuck, you're dumb and your choices of Castlevania is BAD.
>>
>>377219289
Hey, could be worse. Seriously it could.
Judgement
Lords of Shadow
Pachinko
>>
>>377209267
>asking what the best version of a Castlevania song is
Why do you think this is going to get you anywhere?
It's Saturn SoTN
>>
>>377219410
No, it's Haunted Castle.
>>
>>377219372
Lords of Shadow is great fun though and Judgement was IGAs decision
>>
>>377219476
ko a better Castlevania game than LoS? Consider the following.

>Music
Definitely. Innovative and original with a touch of the old melodies. The downside of it is that it had some recycled stuff. LoS's music, however, was bland and unremarkable LotR epic choirs. Point for Pachinko
>Characters
Pachinko has some unremarkable titty monsters and the cool old characters we all loved and enjoyed. LoS had... well... nevermind. Even if we just take the titty monsters into account, point for Pachinko.
>Dracula
In Pachinko, Dracula was not a Belmont and actually looked like Dracula rather than an angsty teenager. Pachinko wins again.
>Atmosphere
Gothic horror with a bit of anime-ish style sometimes, but still less than portrait. LoS seemed to aim for a different thing. It looked more like stuff you'd see on a flashy MMO . Point for Pachinko for having at least some of the gothic dark fantasy stuff in.
>Gameplay
Never played Pachinko. But I played LoS. Assuming Pachinko's gameplay sucks balls, PAchinko still has better gameplay than LoS because if you're lucky, at least you can get a refund with Pachinko.

I see no point in continuing this analysis. Pachinko has proven to be more Castlevania than LoS in every aspect and your opinions are shit.
>B-but Judgement was IGA's decision!
And it was a shit decision as well. Your point?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.