[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remakes vastly superior to the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

>better cutscenes
>surprisingly good eng/jap voice acting
>new soundtrack is just as good as the original
>getting the hadouken is faster but harder
>can play as vile
>pretty cool 24 minute ova
We can all agree that this easily surpassed the original, right?
>>
>>377193565
it would if it didn't have one gigantic issue

the screen size. compare to the original, the amount of shit on screen is almost cut in half, leading to more bullshit happening that you couldn't see coming.

If the camera was zoomed out, it would be the best, hands down. Sadly, one problem can weigh down a game drastically
>>
File: DmC_box_art.png (150KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
DmC_box_art.png
150KB, 256x315px
>>
>>377193565
>surprisingly good eng/jap voice acting

The G-Gundam VA cast for the English voices were fucking amazing.

>>377193883
That scene alone was a neat nod to G-Gundam.
>>
File: QONVIyz.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
QONVIyz.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>377193883
that fucking filename
>>
If not for the ugly 2.5D graphics and a lack of an option to play with original item locations thered be no doubt. I really like the hard mode, was nostalgic to me since it reminded me of my first playthrough.
>>
>>377193565
Vile mode was pretty cool. I watched the shit out of that ova. Was it just a one-off thing or did they make more?
>>
I think Powered Up is cute, even Negroman.
>>
>>377194416
It was a one-off thing. The same guy also animated this, though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Thgta51Mc
>>
File: Blaster_Master_Zero_cover.png (113KB, 567x176px) Image search: [Google]
Blaster_Master_Zero_cover.png
113KB, 567x176px
Great remake.

>Awesome soundtrack with music from the original plus new music
>New items to obtain for Jason and the SOPHIA such as health extensions, new weapons, etc.
>Hover now uses sub weapon meter and the meter slowly refills reducing farming to refil the meter(can still grab the items to refill it)
>New area
>Latest patch adds new content such as new playable characters(DLC but is free for first 2 weeks of release), plus new game modes such as the harder mode for example
>Stays exactly to the original source material and combines both the plot from the JP and US versions of the original

Based devs.
>>
File: 1477835619318.gif (172KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477835619318.gif
172KB, 300x300px
>>377194825

Fucking loved it. Hard mode is fun and bullshit at the same time.
>>
Vile is basically just Boba Fett BOBA DRINK
>>
>>377193565
Outside of yelling the powerup names, yes it's easily one of the best remakes ever (up there with REmake, also capcom). Sad as fuck it didn't do well enough, they were going to keep remaking most of the X games with new canon, and imagine what other playable characters would be there.

Also honorable mention, Xs English dub va is fucking godly as all hell and a crying shame he retired. Just listen to his confrontation with sigma
>"Sigma, I will destroy YOU"
Legit sounds pissed off as hell, really interesting coming from X which gave him some great character developement and less of a blank slate.

The mm1 remake on psp was also amazing, although I care far less for classic mm, and mm1, and chibis. The level creator was neat.
>>
Just about every DQ remake.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.