[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which series had the better PS2 trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Which series had the better PS2 trilogy?
>>
Ratchet >= Sly > Jak
this is coming from someone who grew up with all 3 and replayed each of the ps2 games within the past couple of years
>>
Sly 1 > Rachet > Sly 2/3 > Jak

Sly 1 was great, fun pure platformer. Rachet is more of a shooter. Jak 1 was alright, but 2 and 3 were pretty damn bad.
>>
Ever notice Insomniac always blew Naughty Dog out?

Spyro >>> Crash
Rachet > Jak
Resistance >> Uncharted
>>
>>377176489
>with some Devil May Cry elements.

Don't go full retard.

Jak = Ratchet = Sly
>>
>>377176664
>resistance > anything
too far
>>
>>377176489
sequels are disappointing, but Jak 1 is among the very best of any of the individual games among the three franchises
>>
Ratchet 2 = 3 > Sly 1 > Jak 1 > Everything else
>>
Jak 2 is the best game, but it has the worst trilogy.

Sly has the best trilogy since all three games aged the best, but it's best doesn't come close to any of the games in the other ones.

Ratchet is weaker than Sly due to how the first one has aged. But it's a fun game even if it doesn't have the best actual platforming.
>>
Sly has the best and only PS2 trilogy.

R&C had a PS2 hexalogy and J&D had a PS2 tetralogy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQakHkU72bo
>>
I have only played Jak 2 and 3 and it is the only best trilogy.
>>
Sly was consistently good for all 3
Jak had 1 decent game
R&Cs sequels were hit and miss
>>
Sly is my personal favorite with Sly 2 particularly being my favorite video game of all time. Sly 4 was kind of a let down but all of the games in the series are very well made and I'll be committed to the series forever.

Ratchet and Clank has way more games in the series than the other two, and thus had more opportunities to try new things and add polish.

Jak and Daxter honestly only has one good game in the series. Precursor Legacy was a pretty neat and fairly difficult action platformer but 2 and 3 were pretty uninspiring. 2 specifically was a bad game. Poor design choices everywhere with unsatisfying combat and worthless vehicles. 3 was just more of 2 only the vehicles didn't suck ass. Lost Frontier was garbage and a half, mostly because it isn't a mainline game, but also because it's a broken pile of shit. Jak X is a wacky racing game, nuff said.

Between Sly and Ratchet, I think it's a matter of preference regarding what style of games you like to play.
>>
>>377178187
>Sly was consistently good for all 3

Didn't Sly 3 suck?
>>
>>377179641
Hell no. Sly 3 is considered by many to be the best in the series. Sly 4 is the one people thought sucked. Personally I thought it was good, just not what it should have been.
>>
>>377179971
Not really. Sly 3 is by most considered the worst of the PS2 trilogy, but yes, Sly 4 is considered the worst of the series, but certaintly people don't think it sucked.
>>
The only bad thing about Sly 4 was muh Penelope and qte final boss. All the gameplay was solid and it gets way more hate than it deserves. I'd say it was better than 3.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.