[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot20100117033923565[1].jpg (431KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot20100117033923565[1].jpg
431KB, 1920x1200px
What went right
>>
File: Confused.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
104KB, 243x297px
>>377170078
what game is this ?
>>
>>377170936
draon ge origns th e fade
>>
>>377170078
I hate how people whine about the fade in DA:O. Like play it once, get the experience, and then just mod it out in later playthroughs. Easy.
>>
>those rat bits
>those mage bits

the fade would've been cool if it hadn't been so FUCKING LONG
>>
>>377170078
I liked the idea of going through your companion's dreams, that was a cool touch that built on them, but holy shit did the stuff in between suck.
>>
>>377170078
The "Skip The Fade" mod on subsequent playthroughs
>>
File: 3uBu34n.jpg (20KB, 526x234px) Image search: [Google]
3uBu34n.jpg
20KB, 526x234px
>>377171491
It's one of the most ludo experiences in video gaming. It's supposed to invoke helplessness, absurdity of your actions, everything being familiar yet foreign, and of course, never an end in sight, just like a sweaty nightmare.

It was a different time. They don't make games like this any more, because if there is no instant gratification for every action you make every 10 seconds, the score falls to 89 and nobody buys it.
>>
>>377172264
thing is, the only gratification i felt about the fade sequence was after finishing it because thank fuck it was over
>>
>>377170078
designed completely with PC in mind, a long glut of no cRPGs and no real competition.
>>
>>377172264
Not really, m9. It really failed to capture the dynamism of the fade. You got some weird textures for the environment and that's it. The only cool thing was the black city always being on the horizon.

It's like those old shitty levels in old shitty games where the controls were reversed and people went on about how "ludo" it was and how it conveyed as sense of confusion and disorientation. It didn't. It was just shit.
>>
File: 670[1].jpg (77KB, 670x477px) Image search: [Google]
670[1].jpg
77KB, 670x477px
What went right?
>>
>>377174151
i enjoyed the deep roads desu senpai

it really feels like you're in fucking deep shit
>>
>>377171491
I honestly dont mind playing it, it was a nice break in the gameplay, switching forms was kinda fun, especially using mage spells when your character wasnt a mage. AND FREE ATTRIBUTES!?! Seriously what the fuck was everyones problem.
>>
>>377174271
Agreed. I think most people are either retards who went here first and got their shit stomped, or they didn't pick up [Haste].

Either way, it was probably the best part of the game. You're getting spit on everywhere you go as a Warden, but then you get here and kickass, and then you get the respect you deserve.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.