[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it get more overrated than this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: what is wrong with you.png (274KB, 300x625px) Image search: [Google]
what is wrong with you.png
274KB, 300x625px
Does it get more overrated than this?
>>
>muh overrated

Kill yourself you autistic retard
>>
>>377157804
You actually like this game?
>>
>>377157721
It wasn't that great of a story. Just a bunch of melodrama made to illicit emotion like a daytime soap.
>>
>>377157985
why are people so easily emotionally manipulated?
>>
File: to_the_shit.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
to_the_shit.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
The praise for To the Moon is what you get when you have a bunch of emotionally stunted dorks that think video games are the most important thing in their lives, so they're desperate to get every scrap of emotion out of them. See also: people crying over Aeris. Is that a sign the game is really well written and deeply moving, or a sign the audience is a bunch of dweebs that don't know anything about real human experiences?
>>
File: 1493836499258.png (558KB, 551x543px) Image search: [Google]
1493836499258.png
558KB, 551x543px
>ugly low effort pixel graphics
>forgettable OST
>"gameplay" is terrible
>bad writing

It's fucking garbage.
>>
>>377158103
Everybody can relate to death.
>>
like 80% of To the Moon is just clicking to advance dialogue boxes, 15% is wandering around finding the next person to talk to or trigger, and the last 5% is goofy minigame stuff that doesn't add anything to the plot

it's fine if people want to cry over the story but how on earth was fucking RPGmaker a good way to tell it, it's like clicking through a short story one sentence at a time
>>
>>377158790
I just don't get why people take "developers" who make RPGmaker games seriously
>>
>>377157721

It came out early enough before Steam really got oversaturated with shitty indie games so it kind of got a free pass at the time.

Yea it's not very good, and if it came out within the past 3-4 years no one would know it existed.
>>
For a game to be overrated, it needs to be talked about.

Even back when it came out, hardly anyone was discussing it.
>>
>>377160116
Overrated means just that, overrated.
Nothing but high praise is what I've seen for this game.
>>
>>377158994
This. It's kind of like Dear Esther. At the time, "walking simulators" hadn't exploded yet as a trend, but what WAS trendy was writing chinstroking blog articles about how deep and artistic and emotional games could be. If Dear Esther came out today even diehard walking simulator fans would probably mark it down for being too boring and vapid.
>>
>>377157721
>I regret everything: The Game

The old man can go fuck himself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.