[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on the N64 Star Wars games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4725_zps2460a22e.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4725_zps2460a22e.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Opinions on the N64 Star Wars games
>>
>>377146341
star wars ep 1 racer was one of my favorite racing games
>>
Rogue Squadron is great, Shadows of the Empire had pretty retarded difficulty issues thanks to hard controls, but still worth a play for the Star wars locations, characters and music.
>>
File: sotesk.jpg (47KB, 236x194px) Image search: [Google]
sotesk.jpg
47KB, 236x194px
>SotE
Classic. A bit "dated" by today's standards bla bla but I personally think it still holds up, and being able to switch between 3rd person and 1st person camera helps navigating the action stages. My favorite are the aerial battle missions though, which are only the first and last levels. Pure ludo though.

>Rogue Squadron
I rented this one and I remember it being as good as SotE's airship combat, but this one was bigger and required more strategy. Didn't beat it but enjoyed.

>Racer
Amazing racing game, must play for people that like F-Zero and offensive high speed racing gameplay.

Didn't play the other one.
>>
Played them all except Battle for Naboo. Was it any good?
>>
>>377146415
This.

SWE1R>F-Zero X, also DKR>MKR (and I like all 4).
>>
>>377146341
Aged like milk in the sun with the possible exception of Pod racer---which is better on PC or Dreamcast.
>>
>>377148283

If they release the game on GOG i'll buy that shit faster than anakin can kill younglings.
>>
>>377146341
They were all enjoyable for 12 year old me.
>>
Racer holds up the best out of all of them. The sense of speed you get from it is even better than F-zero.
>>
File: J2j06Dj6Z7s.movieposter_maxres.jpg (45KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
J2j06Dj6Z7s.movieposter_maxres.jpg
45KB, 300x429px
>>377146341
Still remember playing the Space Jam soundtrack while playing Shadow of the Empire.
>>
Shadow is the best star wars game of all time.
>>
>Shadows
Great. The best of the 4 there. Also amazing as a launch title. Good of amount of action, exploration, equipment, and pacing. The first person ship levels are dull though.

>Rogue Squadron
Very good, and very challenging. But Rogue Leader improved upon it in every way so just play that.

>Ep1 racer
Pretty good, but not great. I fail to understand why everyone praises this so much. Picked it up after not playing it for several years and beat it in a couple hours. Haven't touched it since. The boost system is good but the levels have issues. This may be an N64 problem but for how fast your are going, some levels just require pure memorization of the track. It's not like F-Zero where you can clearly see what is ahead of you at all times (plus shorter laps for easier memorization), but instead you may be going through a windy jungle with turns everywhere where you can't see shit. If you want this, play Extreme G which is the better game. Overall it reminds me of Extreme G 2 and why its a worse game than the first one, but still not a bad game. Also fuck that one map, you know the one.

Never played Naboo.
>>
>>377148985
>games age meme
>>
>>377149114

And by "The game" I mean star wars racer.
>>
>>377148283
>A bit "dated"
It's very dated. Shitty controls, questionable level design, linear as fuck, and mediocre genre changes make me question why I ever enjoyed this game as a kid.
>>
shadows survives for me on nostalgia value. it's kind of weird but it's the sound design that makes the game, every weird grunt, drone buzz and wampa scream and shot noise still stands out in my head even though i didn't really play the game that much. and the music is unforgettable of course

rogue squadron was what happened when someone decided to take the best parts of shadows and turn it into a game on its own. it's still alright, but it's hard playing it when the sequel is a thousand times better

naboo is just a shittier version of rogue squadron, with a lot of filler land/water levels. it's amazing that they thought these were good enough to revisit with rogue squadron 3, it nearly sank that game too.

haven't played podracer since i was a kid
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.