[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval II Total War issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: eaad1f1ce7aae71689ff4523011206c8.jpg (682KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
eaad1f1ce7aae71689ff4523011206c8.jpg
682KB, 1280x1024px
Bought Medieval II TW through steam recently, want to change the turns to year issue that is in the game

> Turn 1 = 1080
> Turn 2 = 1082

Changing it on disk version was easy, but I'm not sure how to change it on the steam bought version. Got to be a way
>>
>>377131345
>playing the vanilla game
>not any of the two dozen phenomenal mods that blow it out of the water or straight up replace it as the default way you should play the game
>>
>>377131413
Which ones for example?
>>
>>377131413
You should always play vanilla before modding though
>>
>>377131930
Stainless Steel,Broken Crescent,Third Age,Europa Barborum
>>
It should be the same as the retail version. Alos you should play the first Medieval.
>>
>>377131413
>>377132058

Yeah heard these mods are good, where would I find them to download them?

>>377132075
I've tried that, but because it's through steam it looks totally different and I'm struggling to find it
>>
>>377132602
It should be in steamapps/common/Medieval 2 or something long those lines
I would recommend checking out Bellum Crucis as well if they translated the most recent version
>>
>>377132962
For the steam version you mean?
>>
Yeah. If you want to launch mods on the steam version you have to do a launch command in properties or do another roundabout way of launching games.
>>
>>377134387
It's not a mod, it's changing the value in a program file so it's two turns per year not 2 years per turn
>>
>>377134819
The base game folder is in steamapps/common
>>
>>377135183
Alright thank you

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, I'm not great with computers, how would I access that? I'm on Windows 10 if that helps
>>
>>377135324
There should be something called windows explorer or file explorer in the start menu. Click on that and navigate to Program Files(x86) and look for Steam. Then go through steamapps/common/medieval 2 and there should be the files to modify with a text editor
>>
changing the years per turn can still be done the same way as the disk version, its in one of the text files in the install folder.
>>
remember kids, the best mod for medieval 2 total war is BELLUM CRUCIS.

go fetch the latest version
>>
>>377137053
Found it, thanks dude. God knows why the timescale is set at default as 2.00
>>
>>377131413
>>377132058
>>377137216

Where can I find links to these mods so I can look at downloading these mods? And what do they do? I know of Third Age and Stainless Steel, one makes it LOTR themed other adds more settlements and other stuff
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.