[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ikaruga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ikaruga-android.jpg (195KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ikaruga-android.jpg
195KB, 620x350px
A lot of people are divided on this. What does /v/ think of it?
>>
>>377131190
>any year
>playing as white polarity
Ishygddt
>>
i dig it.
>>
meme gayme
>>
Pinpointing why I like/dislike it isn't really black or white, anon
>>
>>377132847
ayyyyyy
>>
>>377131190
It's good
>>
>>377131190
I liked it a lot, only got to 3rd section though. It's one of the best aesthetic designs in video gaming. It can feel a bit like trench based bullet hell shooter, with all the waiting for ramps and 'tunnels' game makes you go through, lot of movement hampering.
>>
It's a solid game, but way overrated, and usually by people not very familiar with the genre who would never do something like play for score, which is strange because Ikaruga is 100% about playing for score.
>>
>>377133258
>I liked it a lot, only got to 3rd section though
same to me , i love the game but i can't pass the 3 section without dying like a retard when i tried to 1cc the game
despite not being good at shmups generally anyway
>>
>>377131190
I've always thought it was neat, and It's probably one of the best in its genre, but I just don't have the time it takes to get good at it. Too many games to play, not enough time.
>>
File: 1426961113940.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426961113940.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>377131190
It's fun, if overrated. Really great sound and art design.
I picked it up again recently intent on finishing it.
>>
File: 1473526945528.gif (57KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473526945528.gif
57KB, 320x320px
>Alas, Ikaruga is going . . . Undesired, unwanted them, What makes them go? It is nothing else than the principle of the man who has the reason for being.
>>
Scoring is too ridiculously rigid and demanding of trial and error to be enjoyable past the first or second level for me, and playing for survival is a bit dull compared with other shmups imo since every bit of the game is clearly designed around playing for score.
Great game, very well made, does everything it intends to exceptionally well, but it's just not for me.
>>
>>377133671

A lot of people that aren't into shmups tend to think that Ikaruga is one of the best games in its genre, but that's just not true.

It's a sort of interesting game with a lot of major flaws that prevent it from being anything other than slightly above mediocre. The sound is the only thing great about the game.
>>
>>377135827
Nah, the graphics are solid too, and if you enjoy hardcore memorizer scoring systems with no flexibility, boy have I got the game for you!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.