[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What has been the most influential game this century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: eafTLxYHXF-12.png (34KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
eafTLxYHXF-12.png
34KB, 300x250px
contenders

>league
>minecraft
>halo 3
>cod 4
>fifa
>gta
>hearthstone
>something else?

I'd probably say minecraft, followed by league, followed by cod 4
>>
File: 1454025955424.png (71KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1454025955424.png
71KB, 353x332px
>video games
>century
>>
Minecraft
Starcraft 2
League of Legends

In that order
>>
I'm going to have to say Oblivion. Between the open-world and cosmetic DLC it really ushered in a new era.
>>
>>377125401
Minecraft is definitely up there. Oblivion and its horse armor fuckery also heavily influenced the DLC shitfest we have today.
>>
>>377125401
World of Warcraft
>>
>>377125401

Minecraft hands down, regardless of your opinions on it.

other ones you've forgotten
tf2
oblivion/skyrim
runecape
>>
>>377125401
If you actually mean "influential" as in "it influenced the industry the most", then obviously minecraft. Just look a the myriad of survivalbuildingcrafting games that came afterwards. Of course there are better games, but Minecraft is the most influential of those.

CoD4 didn't even start the whole "shooting brown people in the desert" thing.
>>
>>377125560
>SC2
Explain how this is influential. Apart from being successful/having a lot of people playing it, what did it influence significantly outsie that group?
>>
>>377125935
I'd guess he was implying esports, but I'm not really sure. I have no idea what SC2's influence really was in that aspect.
>>
>>377125401
GTA 3
WOW
COD
DOTA
>>
>>377125935
SC2 laid the entire groundwork for what has become modern esports, which in itself is a giant sub-industry to the gaming industry. Before, esports was only big in korea, SC2 made it big in the entire world. Then it fell off hardcore, but the foundation it built was inherited by other games.

It's kind of like how Brood War created the foundation that makes Korea dominate in every esport they play on a wide scale.
>>
minecraft is the second best selling game of all time
>>
>>377126389
I'm sorry Anon but SC2 wasn't as influential this time around. DotA did way more for the eSport scene.
>>
>>377126389
>SC2 laid the entire groundwork for what has become modern esports
Wasn't that SC1?
>>
>>377125401
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
>>
>>377125401
>league
>not Defense of the Ancients or warcraft 3
you dun fucked up
>>
>>377126586
That's factually incorrect, anon. SC2 was the first video game to be televised on a regular basis on major stations in several western countries, as well as being covered in major newspapers. It drew entire stadiums of viewers in several countries around the globe on a close to monthly basis, from the US to Poland, it kickstarted streaming by being the #1 reason Twitch separated from Justin.tv. What happened with SC2 had never been seen before in the west, DotA had very little to do with that massive march.

>>377126681
In a way, yes. BW did the same thing on an even greater scale, to the extent where even people who didn't watch knew the top players much like people who don't watch football still know Zlatan, but only in Korea. However, SC2 could never have done what it did without the massive success of BW.
>>
ITT nobody knows what the word "influential" means and assume it just means that it was popular.
>>
>>377125401
minecraft, none of the others are even slightly relevant outside of having been popular games.

in fact, looking at minecons i'd also say minecraft is responsible for one of the highest booms of autism and cringy shit in recent times
>>
Most influential games

Super Mario Bros
sidescroller adventure
Doom
FPS
Alone in the Dark
Survival Horror
>>
sonic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.