[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 21

Is it any good?
>>
Nope.

More clunky shit.
>>
>>377116918
>Completely abhorrent OST
>Port is almost unplayable
>Story is almost nonexistent
>Gameplay is mediocre at best

Why does /v/ love this game? It's garbage
>>
>>377117105
so they didn't learn anything from lords of the fallen?
>>
>>377117184
Not at all.
>>
>>377117150
>Port is almost unplayable
This is false.
>>
>>377117472
It is though. The PS4 and Boner version are absolutely shit.
>>
>>377117563
>The PS4 and Boner version are absolutely shit.
What else did you expect? That applies to nine out of ten console games.
>>
>>377117994
Exactly, so the it's true what the other anon said. The PS4 and Boner ports are unplayable.
>>
>>377116918
the core problem with the game is that it tries to hard to be like dark souls, it uses several mechanics that don't integrate well together because it thinks that a "souls game" should have said mechanics
the developers have dome talent but they should really try and make a game that works by itself instead of trying to leech of the succes of another
>>
It's ok. Good gameplay, boring world, and it's short. Get it on sale.
>>
>>377118262
which mechanics are yo speaking of?
>>
no multiplayer
no character ustomization
no lore

it's shit. gameplay doesn't make a souls game
>>
>>377118390
That's what I plan to do, Lords Of The Fallen was pretty good for the 10€ I paid for it.
>>
>>377118170
>Unplayable
Said who?
>>
>>377118524
This guy >>377117150
>>
>>377118502
>no multiplayer
That's fine.
>no character customization
Shame, but not a big problem.
>no lore
Elaborate
>>
>>377116918
much better than Dork Souls can ever hope to be.
>>
>>377117150
>>Port is almost unplayable
>>Story is almost nonexistent
>>Gameplay is mediocre at best

Holy shit they got Dark Souls down that well?
>>
>>377118651
kek
>>
It has a 89% positive on Steam. It's good, ignore all the retards on /v/ shitting on it, they're die hard Fromshills who never played the game and watched a trailer 1 year ago.
>>
>>377116918
It is inspired in Dark Souls.

Of course it's shit.
>>
File: anime.jpg (48KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
48KB, 812x806px
>>377116918
Why can't westerners into good design ? Everything they produce look so fucking boring

Look at that main character what were they thinking ?

>we need another middle aged white guy with dark hair and an edgy past, people are going to LOVE the originality, this protagonism will surely be remembered for years to come
>>
Anti-Denuvo, Fromdrones and weebs are mad as fuck that a sequel will undoubtedly be confirmed. It's a better, Western take on the Souls formula with greater than Japanese production values that blows Bloodborne and Nioh out of the water.

>A LOOSELY Souls style game with INSANELY better graphics.
>Motion-captured animations.
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced.
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill each of the five bosses, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC meaning it doesn't suffer from limitations of console hardware
>It's not made by FromSoft therefore it has stable performance with great graphics
>>
>>377118886
This will get a lot of replies, I want to see people proving this man wrong
>>
>>377118262

Got told Hollow Knight is "just like Dark Souls," except it wasn't like Dark Souls at all. A great game in its own right, if you have a powerful enough machine to run it, but so not Dark Souls it's not even funny.

I will never buy a game that says it's "like Dark Souls" unless From Software themselves made it. And I will definitely never consider any game without multiplayer to be "just like Dark Souls."
>>
>>377118563
>>377118170
Stop playing dumb, you know damn well he was implying a PC version.
>>
>>377118262
>>377118441
ANSWER ME FAGGOT!!!
>>
File: 1490082174849.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490082174849.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>377118886

AH HA HA HA HA DO IT FAGGOT, IT WILL BE THE MOST GLORIOUS CRASH AND BURN SINCE MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA
>>
>>377119389
Stop being dumb and understand that I'm saying the console versions run like ass and are more worthy of being called the ports in this case. Fucking have to spell it out for retards on here.
>>
>>377119581
>hurr which ever version runs worse is the port
>>
File: Andy triggered.gif (317KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Andy triggered.gif
317KB, 256x256px
>don't give a shit if it's better than DS or not
>just want to know if it's worth buying on release
Fucking has anyone actually played the damn thing.
>>
File: IMG_0263.jpg (120KB, 1242x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.jpg
120KB, 1242x813px
No.
>>
>>377119672
So, tell me, what makes a port, a port?
>>
>>377119581
>more worthy of being called the ports
You are or you aren't when you're a port. There is no gradient system.
>>
>>377119894
90% positive on Steam now, where you actually have to play the game to review it.

Soulsfags downvoting on Metacritic means nothing
>>
>>377120220
>Soulsfags
>Soulsfags
>Soulsfags
Nugga I am a Soulsfag and I wanna play the game.
>>
>>377117150
Probably bad shilling
>>
>>377118876

> make MC anything but middle aged white guy
> every time they get killed, SJWs proclaim it a hate crime
> nobody plays game because playing it is considered racist/sexist

It didn't used to be this way, but now it is. Only Japan still doesn't give a fuck, which is why western games just can't compete.
>>
>>377118886
How dare you ask for games to have quality
>>
File: Sayonara doggu.jpg (94KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
Sayonara doggu.jpg
94KB, 480x714px
>>377116918
>>377119741
The plot is nonexistent, the combat is okay but still clunky like LotF and the hitbox is sometime fucking bullshit. Also they trying way too hard to make the game "hard". Bosses and enemies will 2-3 hits you because it's "hard"
Make the game more skills or mechanically challenge, don't just increase the dmg and call it a day.
>>
>>377117150
>Why does /v/ love this game?
Ive only seen people shit on it.
>>
>Pirated it
>Start playing
>Blue lights flashing all over the screen

Well then.
>>
>Watch video
>Combat hast that thing where everything slows down when you hit an enemy

And into the trash it goes
>>
>>377120781
You can turn it off.
>>
>>377120687
Update to the latest gpu driver.
>>
>>377120917
Then maybe it's worth a spin
>>
>>377120945
Well clearly I have brain damage because that never even occurred to me.
>>
>>377120602
>critic scores
>>
>>377121145
We are posting about video gamea on /v/ so mild brain damage is expected.
>>
Souls game with Destiny and sometimes Dead Space aesthetics. Everything looks like it came from something else. Completely uninspired game
>>
>>377116918
Bad OST
Bad Enemy design
Bad Level design (all areas look the same, shortcuts that are pointless and just end up making the player confused)
Bad game design (have to grind mobs for scraps for gear/weapons)
Bad boss design (fuck ton of health, hit weakpoint, they suddenly explode and die)
ONLY 5 BOSSES IN THE GAME TOTAL
Kill boxes/barriers everywhere, you can't even skip over a simple railing to the next area or you die.
Character has fast movement but slow attack speed, enemies have both fast movement and fast attack speed.
Enemies do a fuck ton of damage
Story isn't explained, just guys in suits that make the same "ROAWRARR" sound everytime they aggro to you. Apparently the suits made them angry grr grr
FUCKING CLUMPS OF ENEMIES AT EVERY TURN

Game ended up turning into just sprint passed everyone and get lost for an hour and get nothing done.

refunded, dont buy this shit
>>
>>377118590
>No Multiplayer
>That's fine
Wew lad did you play Dark souls cus of the SP only, that's what makes games like Dark Souls so interesting and fun to play not certainly the fact that you munch your buttons to beat AI driven enemies cus there's absolutly no challenge to it.
>>
>>377119562
His text is a bad pasta but the animations are mocap though. You could see how they strapped weights to the guy doing the mocap to simulate an exo suit in the making of vide.
>>
Any idea where to farm Rig Armature to build a body armor? Or just where to get body armor? I'm in the second aread and I can't see shit without a flashlight.
>>
>>377120781
i was wondering what that option meant in the settings menu. care to link me what video you saw that in?
>>
>>377121773
>refunded, dont buy this shit

this shit was cracked and available to torrent last night at 11pm. one of the fastest cracks Ive ever seen. I forgot how fast those fuckers are when the game doesnt have denuvo.
>>
>>377122461
If i remember correctly, duplicate armor drops are automatically broken-down into the pertinent upgrade mats at the assembler. Just keep targeting chests.
>>
>>377122187
Nice bait, I'll take a dozen to go please.
>>
>>377120602
>sweetieposting outside /ptg/
>>
Can any weeb tell me how is this game? I only trust the review from a fellow weeb.
(Anyone's Goty is P5/ToB/Yakuza 0/Nier Automata/BotW for now)

I watch 2 minutes of the stream of it, which is kinda boring.
Level design looks nothing special.
Overall art direction looks nothing specail, either.
No crazy good ost like P5/Nier Automata.

>>377121773
Is what this guy saying ture?
Need some confirmation.
>>
>>377122461
haha i was watching a stream where he got to the first dark area, and it was like "press button to use flashlight with body armor equipped" but he had no body armor. I thought he was just a stupid player, but I guess the game is just that goofy.
>>
>>377122727
At least the devs admitted they didn't like it and took a fuck it approach. Hopefully the people who cravked it and liked it will buy it, being nice and shit.
>>
Everything from the setting to the main character to the gameplay is as bland, boring, and generic as you can get. This game will be totally forgotten by the end of the month.
>>
>>377121145
Nigga the latest amd literally fixed that issue. Check if you are on the 17.5.1 version.

If you are on AMD that is, if Nvidia, then bad for you.
>>
>>377116918
Yes.

World building and theme is mediocre, but combat is better than dark souls, imho senpai. Higher lethality but with moves that take more commitment.

Huge variety in moveset that is based on comboing, timing, and pressure. Some mechanics that I'm not even sure how to use yet (duck or jump dodge in addition to quickstep dodge).

Cutting things into bita for drops is fun. Hiy boxes are perfect most if the time, with damaging increasing vastly with an ideal hit rather than a scratch.

Weapon proficiency is meh mechanic, kind of forces you to grind. Timed "souls" recovery is annoying. Way more deaths than in souls. Again, theme is weak, but in some places they go for a horror feel and the vulnerability helps. Mobs tend to pile ob you if you're not careful, and its hard enough fighting just one.

Thats my rundown. Im happy with it, and this us from a huge souls fan.
>>
>>377118886
But Surge doesn't have denuvo
>>
>>377123521
This. Combat is better than Souls and has a Bloodborne-esque feel to it. Enemies are relentless and will kill you quick and swift if you're not careful. It also feels harder than Souls.
Setting and bosses are mediocre though.
If you can get the PC version if you haven't a PS4pro since the regular PS4 and xbone run this game like ass.
>>
File: 1480739445343.jpg (207KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1480739445343.jpg
207KB, 500x455px
>>377116918
It's pretty good. Not as solid as the Souls games but still fun and playable.
The only real complaint I have is that some of the combos are retarded and can result in you taking a hit. (IE: The pole with 2 lightning blades on it you get at the start performs a 3 hit combo after attacking twice and theres no way to cancel it)
Also no real ranged options
>>
>>377118441
to name a few, you lose your scraps when you die but you can bank them at the med-bay so instead of increasing tension like it does in DS it just becomes tedious to always bank your shit
the combat tries to be deliberate like in DS but the devs wanted a more complex system with the limb targeting so instead of reaching a "flow" state/feeling in wich you aren't really planning your attacks like in DS you're always consciously planning your next move so the combat ends up being stressful instead of exciting
also the whole "you'll die a lot" mechanic is poorly implemented as it takes a long time to die and respawn and you always get that fucking voice message after exiting the med-bay so it becomes annoying pretty fast while on DS you pretty much always can get back to where you where within the minute
>>
>>377124259
Git gud faggot.
>>
>>377124259
Funny, I'm your opposite, I like the fact that you have to think your combat, and not just mash buttons. You'll probably get the flow with some practice.

Also, not every place in DS was easy to retrieve your corpse from.
>>
>>377117150
You used to spam this shit as op and now you post it in every thread. This game is shit. But learn how to shitpost better you fucking shitter.
>>
Can you modify your speed in any way? Is armor just for defense or does it do more?
>>
>>377125145
Armor does more than defense. A different arm will give you more impact damage when you use your weapon for example.
>>
>>377125505
Do parts break?
>>
>>377122979
>At least the devs admitted they didn't like it and took a fuck it approach.
Source?
>>
>>377122901
That's literally what happened to me, I was fighting in the dark for a good 5 minutes. Somehow I managed not to die.
>>377122803
That's what I did, cheers. Turns out the rig lights don't help much but oh well.
>>
>>377120595
>filename

fucking killed me
>>
>>377120283
same. this is Souls copied well. I naturally want as much of that shit as possible.

if you reproduce something great and you do it well, you get something great as a result. LotF was a failure in that regard, but The Surge is not.

hopefully it sells so that more medium-large studios pick up the sub genre and revitalize the stale shitty gaming industry. souls-likes before that were mostly just indie titles.
>>
The games style looks like it came straight out of the 90's for better or worse.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-16-18-50-14.png (235KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-16-18-50-14.png
235KB, 1080x1920px
>>377125806
Not the dev actually, my bad, that's a producer from Focus answering.
>>
>>377121249
>exhibit A: critic I disagree with
fuck this shitty board and all the brain addled manchildren that inhabit it, including myself
>>
>>377122901
the light is fucking useless anyway

also I think that dark tunnel in the first area is intended for speedrunning
>>
>zero marketing
>studio relying on Youtube/content creators to market, even bacterial marketing on /v/

All I want to know is how it runs on PC. Lords of the Fallen ran like hot garbage despite at the time having a PC well beyond recommended specs. It looks interesting but don't want to blow $40 if it runs like shit.
>>
>>377126505
>intended for speedrunning

how so?
>>
>>377126623
It runs great. I get 60fps maxed out at 1440p on a 290.
>>
>>377126623
Optimisation is pretty fucking good. Sure, there are a few people that can't into computers that have problems but it's pretty fucking fluid on PC.
And if the problem is your PC not being powerful enough, just refund it.
>>
>>377118502

>No character costumisation

Drop it like its hot
>>
How do I deal with the winrar extraction "volume" error after downloading?
>>
File: specker.png (65KB, 513x552px) Image search: [Google]
specker.png
65KB, 513x552px
>>377126840

What's nVidia equivalent to R290?
>>
File: speccy.jpg (86KB, 966x656px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
86KB, 966x656px
>>377126623
I get 80fps with everything on high and motion blur off of course.
>>
>>377127086
>>
>souls game

When will this meme stop?
>>
>>377116918
Anti-Denuvo, Fromdrones and weebs are mad as fuck that a sequel will undoubtedly be confirmed. It's a better, Western take on the Souls formula with greater than Japanese production values that blows Bloodborne and Nioh out of the water.

>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill each of the five bosses, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC
>>
>>377127169
Almost every single one of those points sounds like a downgrade except for fucking mouths moving

If I wanted realistic fighting I'd play fuckimg mount and blade
>>
>>377118886
>>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.

Ermmm... what?
>>
>>377121352
I thought it is required...
>>
>>377118886
how is combat in a fiction exosuit using giant lightning weapons (in a future where guns must exist) anymore realistic?
>>
>>377122898
I'm going to try to elaborate on or refute what the other cunt was saying.

whether the OST is good or bad is up to you. it tends to be overly dramatic in some areas, to the point of sounding like horror music. the game also has a bunch of pop songs in it a la MGSV.

enemy design is usually decent but some of them have retarded hitboxes. also, anything that fires projectiles is obnoxious. I enjoy fighting the other exo dudes but the mechanical enemies tend to be bullshit.

level design is okay-ish and heavily inspired by DaS1, with heavy use of shortcut unlocking and re-using pathways. there's nothing confusing about it unless you're literally retarded.

"bad game design because you have to kill enemies for rewards" is the most retarded thing I've heard in a while. god I hope that guy kills himself.

I've only beaten one boss and he was fine. very close to Last Giant in DaS2, mechanically. can't tell you about the others until I've beaten them.

5 bosses is not enough, unless there's tons of content inbetween, which I can only assume isn't the case. they might have lacked the resources to make more. not sure if the game is worth a full 60$.

the "enemies are faster than you and do a lot of damage and there's too many of them! it's not fair!" argument is straight up shitter nonsense.

story is actually explained if you pay attention. 30 minutes in I already understood why most of the loader dudes went insane. it's a lot denser and easier piece together to than DaS.
>>
File: 1490222091937 - Copy.gif (2MB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
1490222091937 - Copy.gif
2MB, 480x252px
Lemme review it as someone who has hundreds of hours in the Souls games and didn't finish Lords of the Fallen, but liked some of the ideas it had.

>Pros
+ Game looks great.
+ I like the idea of picking up voiced information about the world, rather than reading the item description of everything.
+ Gameplay is much better, faster and smoother than Lords of the Fallen.
+ The game runs like butter on my PC at high, 1080. I'm getting 60fps and I've only got a 660Ti. The download is also tiny. It's crazy optimized.
+ Loot system is cool.
+ I know it's just an option, but the ability to turn off annoying features like slow-mo is great.

>Cons
- Voiced information is great and all, but Dark Souls and Bloodborne have much better worlds and stories with item descriptions alone.
- The gameplay still isn't as good or varied as Soulsborne.
- The lack of multiplayer is a real pain in the ass. I like going on and helping fellas out who're struggling on bosses. Covenants are a great idea too.
- I've not finished it, but it sure seems like there's only five bosses. That's not enough. Not nearly enough.

tl;dr: Not nearly as good as any of the Souls games, but it's a decent attempt and it's clear that the developer is improving. The next time this game comes around it'll probably be something really great. But yeah, it still won't be as good as Souls.
>>
>>377118886
>Anti-Denuvo

At least check you are right before making terrible copypastas.
>>
Another shitty slow ass game, now with shitty voice acting. Won't even try to pirate.
Call me when Platinum releases their new game.
>>
>>377118886
I don't even know why you mentioned Nioh. That game was trash from the get go and is already forgotten.
>>
>>377127580
Well he's not wrong. There's no Denuvo.
>>
>>377126661
it can straight up lead to the first boss if you know where you're going in the dark. you're dissuaded from doing it initially by not having the body rig.
>>
>>377127560
>but the ability to turn off annoying features like slow-mo is great.

thats off by default. or at least it was in my game.
>>
>>377127801
> trash from the get go and is already forgotten
You mean LoTF and The Surge?
>>
>>377127925
Good.
>>
>>377127560
This sounds promising, glad to hear the devs have improved.

Check this out when it's on sale.
>>
>>377127971
All of them.
>>
The Surge is a great game, and truly a better and more advanced take on the repetitive Souls formula that was in dire need of change. Truly a watershed moment in gaming, The Surge takes the roughness of the Souls games, and lapidates it into a masterpiece of action gaming.

The surge is the apex of it's genre, marking a point in time where western gaming once again proves it's superiority. If Miyazaki plays the Surge, he will probably kill himself after realizing how much of a pathetic one note fraud hack he truly is.
>>
>>377128102
Hey, Nioh threads at least are still much more positive and has more threads than LoTF and The Surge threads
>>
>>377118886

A generic environment is always generic, no matter how pretty you make it.
With the most generic Western character personality ever.
>Stops at NG++
How is that a postitive?
realistic=/=good
Not even close.
"emphasizes risks" by removing any sense of choice, so that casualbabies won't level up the wrong stat
>FIVE bosses
Nigga, five bosses is just embarassing for a game of that type.
>>
>>377127560

>+ Loot system is cool.

how is it cool?

Also i know there's no character customization but does equipping different pieces to the exo suit change its appearance? or does it always look the same and just the stats change
>>
>>377127626
don't worry there will be more shitty button mashers with big titty waifus and porn-tier VA for you to masturbate over
>>
>>377128445
>A generic environment is always generic, no matter how pretty you make it.
that's bullshit. DaS was generic fantasy all over and it still managed to stand. fuck your special snowflake complex.
>>
Remember, NG+ has new enemies, areas, weapons and upgrade levels available (incase you wanted the "full" experience). Game is only 20 hours long anyway.
>>
>>377128652
And you still look like a trash man with a bunch off garbage on your body
>>
>>377127494
>level design is okay-ish and heavily inspired by DaS1, with heavy use of shortcut unlocking and re-using pathways. there's nothing confusing about it unless you're literally retarded.
its absolutely not
everywhere in the game looks exactly the same in Surge
DaS1 has distinct different areas

also yes, having to farm items to progress is shitty game design and shoving 1000 enemies in a small corridor is why Dark Souls 2 got shitted on a lot
>>
>>377128482
I take 100 more of this than bootleg like the surge, thank you
>>
File: 1472443992418.png (8KB, 398x293px) Image search: [Google]
1472443992418.png
8KB, 398x293px
>>377128729
+1
>>
File: 1493045943018.jpg (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493045943018.jpg
232KB, 1000x1000px
>>377127560
I forgot to add on that the main villain is a paki and I really don't like them. It's a nice touch that I already hate the guy before I touch the game, but it makes me beating him feel more just, but also cheaper.

>>377128463
It does change it, but not very much.
>>
>>377128821
This. I never got lost in Dark souls. The surge however is like a fucking maze with 3-4 paths leading off from every medbay, often just circling around back on one another needlessly.
>>
Why do people play these shitty games when stuff with actually good gameplay like DMC4 SE and Bayonetta is out there?

Then again I doubt Souls fans have the skill to play games like those
>>
>>377128629
>DaS
>Generic

So you haven't even played any of the games.
>>
>>377117150
They're so thirsty for games that 3 star games are starting to look like 4's.
>>
>>377128369
Not only did LotF have more threads than nioh, because it sold a lot more, but there are zero Nioh threads on /v/ right now and there are atleast 3 Surge threads. The only threads mentioning Nioh are these ones.
>>
It's pretty good. It doesn't rock your socks off, especially in originality but it it's at least not a carbon copy like nioh. Combat is a lot better than lords of the fallen. The lore is on par in terms of being uninteresting with Souls.

A bit more enemy variety and a few more bosses would've been good. Get it on steam summer/autumn sale if you like a bit of fun.
>>
It's trash.
>>
This game is so shit I can't even pirate it to test it out.
>>
>>377129383
>Not only did LotF have more threads than nioh
The hell are you talking about?
>it sold a lot more
Where did you got this? Out of your ass?
>>
>>377129575
why cant you pirate it? codex had that shit cracked 14 hours ago. its installed on my shit right now.
>>
>>377129383
>Not only did LotF have more threads than nioh, because it sold a lot more
I'm tired but please just check the archived
>because it sold a lot more
lol no
>>
>>377129713
LotF was talked about for months on this board, regardless of the thread "positivity". Nioh was forgotten about after weeks.

>Where did you got this? Out of your ass?
You know LotF is a Multiplat, right? It sold almost 700k on Steam alone. Nioh only shipped 1 million copies world wide and those shipments included sales.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>377129392
How is Nioh a carbon copy?
>>
>>377118502

Muh multiplayer
>>
more fun than nioh that's for sure.
>>
>>377129734
I keep getting some stupid error whenever I try extracting/unpacking the game files after downloading. I don't even know why, I've never had this issue before.
>>
>>377125010
i'm not saying the game is bad, just that it suffers from trying to be souls-like
for example, instead of being "industrial dark souls" it could have been "industrial dead space", enemies are dead but controlled by the suits so you can't kill them, only disable their suits, if you're good you cut the suit down into pieces and pick up some loot, if you suck the suit explodes hurting you and alerting nearby enemies, that way you get an emotional incentive to "git gud" instead of only doing it to get larger numbers
>>
>>377129383
Source?
>sold lot more than Nioh
I doubt it
>>
>>377129803
See >>377129876
>>
>>377127494
>reddit spacing
>>
>>377130031
See>>377130070
>>
>>377129876
>LotF was talked about for months on this board
like threads with 2 or 3 posts?
>You know LotF is a Multiplat, right? It sold almost 700k on Steam alone. Nioh only shipped 1 million copies world wide and those shipments included sales
Nigga, where is my exact number?
>>
>>377129876
>You know LotF is a Multiplat, right? It sold almost 700k on Steam alone. Nioh only shipped 1 million copies world wide and those shipments included sales.
Source?
>talk about month in this board
If you count threads with 2 posts is "talk about" then sure
>>
File: 1489358808520.png (497KB, 1786x916px) Image search: [Google]
1489358808520.png
497KB, 1786x916px
>>377130196
>>377130381
pic related
>>
>>377129876
>You know LotF is a Multiplat, right? It sold almost 700k on Steam alone. Nioh only shipped 1 million copies world wide and those shipments included sales
Where did you got this? Out of your ass?
>>
File: 1494875633130.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494875633130.png
114KB, 320x320px
It's fucking terrible.

>5 Bosses
>Miserable Character Design
>Uninspired Levels
>Training Wheel Abilities
>Rampant Viral Marketing

Just forget about it like the rest of the world will in 2 weeks.
>>
>>377130196
>>377130381
Steamspy, niggers. It's true.
>>
>>377130458
>steamspy
>19.99$
Meanwhile, how much is Nioh?
>>
>>377121773
>Bad OST
Subjective
>Bad Enemy design
Correct, every enemy is the same. Angry human with a hammer. Angry human with two pokers and turrets.
>Bad Level design (all areas look the same, shortcuts that are pointless and just end up making the player confused)
Correct, every location looks exactly the same. It's very easy for a player to get confused and lost. Anyone saying this is suppose to be similar to DaS1 is a retard. DaS1 has distinguishable locations different from one another. Surge is just the same boring industrial facility the entire game.
>Bad game design (have to grind mobs for scraps for gear/weapons)
This is correct, you have to grind endless for scraps to create a weapon or get lucky and hope RNG is in your favor after you cut off the weapon and hope it drops. Same goes for weapons. Your shit sucks until it's fully upgraded which takes more farming
>Bad boss design (fuck ton of health, hit weakpoint, they suddenly explode and die)
>ONLY 5 BOSSES IN THE GAME TOTAL
Both are true, and all bosses follow the same mentality of being tanky as fuck then you do their gimmick and they die. Imagine Wolnir
>Kill boxes/barriers everywhere, you can't even skip over a simple railing to the next area or you die.
This is true and infuriating, it discourages exploring. Who in their right mind would okay this?
>Character has fast movement but slow attack speed, enemies have both fast movement and fast attack speed.
>Enemies do a fuck ton of damage
>Story isn't explained, just guys in suits that make the same "ROAWRARR" sound everytime they aggro to you. Apparently the suits made them angry grr grr
>FUCKING CLUMPS OF ENEMIES AT EVERY TURN
This is all true, the game is an unbalanced mess which takes Dark Souls II "haha its hard xdd prebare 2 die" mentality and increases it tenfold.
>Game ended up turning into just sprint passed everyone and get lost for an hour and get nothing done.
>refunded, dont buy this shit
Good advice
>>
>>377129876
What was talked about?
>THIS IS BETTER THAN SOULS BTFO
>NO ITS SHIT
That's pretty much all it was. At least people talked about the actual Nioh game.
>>
>>377130564
Are you truly retard?
>>
>>377130475
The almost 700k is from steam and the 1 million shipments including sales was from the KT press release. They even specified that it was 1 million shipments + sales, yet all the idiots took it as actual customer sales.
>>
File: 3lTFntt.jpg (220KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
3lTFntt.jpg
220KB, 3000x3000px
>>377118886
>>
>>377130584
You know LotF is older than nioh, right?
>>
Nioh got more discussion during the Alpha and Beta.

After beta Nioh discussion driveled up and withered just like the game did.
>>
>>377130584
Lords of the Fallen was released 3 years ago. Nioh was released this year. Also LotF was selling at full price at release as well.
>>
where do i get the torch/flashliught?
>>
>>377116918
Any of you get like wierd flashing blue lights every now and then, pretty sure its not intended and is some bug with my gpu or driver, no idea how to fix
>>
>>377130953
And how many LotF copies what solds on release?
>>
>>377130694
>people actually buying literally turd like LoTF
Really make you think eh.
>>
File: Lord of The Weeaboo Killer 2.jpg (158KB, 646x738px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of The Weeaboo Killer 2.jpg
158KB, 646x738px
Nioh, more like bitchoh
>>
>>377131331
There's no way to know because LotF came out in late 2014 and SteamSpy launched in Q2 2015. I don't even know why you're trying to argue this way suddenly. LotF sold more, this is known. Not only that, but why are you asking me for all this sales into on LotF without posting anything about Nioh? Is it because you don't actually know how many copies Nioh sold? At least we have the steam numbers for LotF. Nioh only has the initial shipment+sale number.
>>
File: 1419216756025.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1419216756025.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>377130915
>>377131658

What does Nioh have to do with this game again?
>>
>>377131915
Someone mentioned it here for some reason >>377118886 and it all spiraled from there.
>>
>>377131439
People bought Nioh too.
>>
bb > souls > let it die > lotf > nioh > surge
>>
>>377132169
>not buying a 88 game
>buying a 68 game
huh?
>>
>>377132816
u dumb
>>
>>377119895
Is this guy serious
>>
>>377131658
>>377132816
>bb > souls > nioh > let it die > shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> surge > lotf
>>
>>377132169
>nioh
>handsome white man with customization
>the surge
>trash man with no customization
>lotf
>WoW man with big shoulders armor with little customization and clunky animations
>>
File: 1494876122710.jpg (125KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494876122710.jpg
125KB, 750x1000px
>>377118876
It appeals to the west's majority who prefers instant casual novelty in shooters/bethesda/disney when not watching or playing sports, just as virgin-exploiting moeshit and lots of color appeals to the depressed overworked east and autists everywhere. Also social politics took over western media and PR focus for some totally-not-suspicious reasons.

Global-appeal material (nowadays mainly western-aimed Jap material) tends to be the best of both worlds.
>>
>>377132889
>muh metacritic
Seriously faggot? I bet you think Battlefield 1 is one of the best games ever made, then. I'm not even defending LotF or TS either.
>>
>>377132816
Souls > BB > Shit > LiD > LotF > Nioh > Surge
>>
Better than Lord of the Fallen, worse than any other Souls-like
>>
The Surge > You
>>
>>377119389
how new are you to this gen exactly?
most PC games run like a dream while console vers are stuck with the problems
see digital foundry
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.