[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ps2 emulation continued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: ps2emulator.png (81KB, 398x263px) Image search: [Google]
ps2emulator.png
81KB, 398x263px
Old thread died so here goes

So i'm using pcsx2 on a win10 laptop. Works ok so far, in the last thread some peeps helped me to get the bios's i need. ps4 controller works perfectly. So far i've only played god hand which has some very noticeable slow downs and stutters.. any idea what i can do about that? Also how does game save work
>>
You make a virtual "memory card" and when you save games in the emulator to it, it saves it to the virtual one automatically.
>>
>>377103486

How i do dat
>>
>>377103984
it does it automatically
>>
>>377103984
save as normal in game.
>>
>>377103392
You can press f1/f3 for quick save/load, it sort of snapshots the current state of the game. Or usual saves, it creates different memory card file for every game.
As for slowdowns, you can try to use speedhacks in video settings.
>>
You can mess with the two sliders in the speedhacks menu to try and make it faster.

If you have a quad core, you can also try ticking the multicore box in that window as well, but I'm not sure if that actually does anything for god hand.
>>
>>377103392
specs?
>>
recommend me some ps2 games, I've played a whole bunch and I don't feel like replaying them
>>
>>377103392
how are there people as stupid as the OP still when you can easily google anything
>>
>>377104991
Splinter Cell Double Agent.
much better than ps3/pc version
>>
>>377105134
> google problems
> get directed to forums with posts made 10 years ago
> dude just upgrade your gtx 9800
> just rip the bios from your psx and upload to pc
>>
File: 1494264594214.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1494264594214.png
484KB, 574x516px
>Playable: 95.18%

Is this a new autistic form of lying?
>>
File: kys.png (91KB, 712x769px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
91KB, 712x769px
>>377105227
You're literally too fucking stupid to use google
>>
>>377104991
DQ5 with dev mode, if you feel like skipping the grinding process just level yourself up. Great JRPG game.
>>
>>377104991
>Romance of the Three Kingdoms X/XI (also on PC)
>Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power/Iron Triangle
>Prince of Persia trilogy
>Dark Cloud2/Dark Chronicle
>Shadow Hearts+Shadow Hearts: Covenant
>Okami
>Dragon Quest VIII
>Jak&Daxter Trilogy + Jak X
>Ratchet&Clank Trilogy + Deathlocked
>Mana Khemia1&2
>FFX
>Metal Gear Solid 3
>Harry Potter Quidditch + Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets + Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban (also on PC)
>Need for Speed Most Wanted (also on PC)

Those are a few
>>
File: shadow_hearts_2_n1.jpg (876KB, 1828x1028px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_hearts_2_n1.jpg
876KB, 1828x1028px
>>377105260
No, it's just different standards. MOST games are perfectly playable native if you just want to play them. Points of contention are when you want to pretty them up.
>>
>>377105298
not an argument
>>
File: lel.jpg (32KB, 530x366px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
32KB, 530x366px
>>377105463
>playable
>You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits' (regardless of speed)
>Ingame: You can get through menus, intro cutscenes / videos, and see ingame graphics, but either due to graphical bugs, crashes, un-resolved errors, you can't play through the entire game.

>mfw most titles should be in the "ingame" category

Meanwhile based Dolphin:
> Perfect: No issues at all!
>4 out of 5 Playable: Runs well, only minor graphical or audio glitches. Games can be played all the way through.
>3 out of 5 Starts: Starts, maybe even plays well, but crashes or major graphical/audio glitches.
>2 out of 5 Intro/Menu: Hangs/crashes somewhere between booting and starting.
>1 out of 5 Broken: Crashes when booting.
>>
File: rainbow eye_face.jpg (45KB, 474x435px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow eye_face.jpg
45KB, 474x435px
>>377105721
>>You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits' (regardless of speed)

Unless there's some specific issue, like Ace Combat combat, this means game is perfectly playable simply because there is no perfect rating. And yeah PCSX2 is more of a clusterfuck development compared to Dolphin.

>mfw decent WiiU emulation soon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.