[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Why does everyone ride this games dick so fucking hard? I was introduced to the souls series with Bloodborne, and I beat it with some difficulties of course.

Afterwards my friend bought me a copy of DS2 and we beat it together.

It sucked.

Afterwards all my friends told me I just HAD to play DS1.

It's dogshit.

It's fucking terrible. They clearly had no idea where the line between "artificial difficulty" and actual challenge is because 90% of the game is pot shots, ridiculous ambushes and shitty deaths due to bad mechanics and shitty optimization.

For the last 4 years, I take two weeks or so and try to play this fucking game and I simply can't.

It's slow, It's clunky, It looks like shit, It sounds like shit, it plays like shit, The kick function rarely works, backstabs don't fucking work 90% of the time and god damn it's just a clusterfuck.

How did they fuck up a game so bad immediately after demon's souls?

Also, I just beat ds3 and fucking loved every second of it.

I'm gunna inb4 DS1 dick riders screeching into the thread screaming about how good they are and how cool they are that they beat a really hard game and try to claim superiority for that minor fact.

TL;DR, Tell me why this game is loved when it aged so fucking horribly.
>>
Because its fun
>>
>>377096516
>90% of the game is pot shots, ridiculous ambushes and shitty deaths due to bad mechanics and shitty optimization.
Can you elaborate on this point please?
>>
>>377096602
I've played a significant amount of this game and there have been more times than not where I get killed in a shit manner due to enemy placement that simply isn't avoidable. There's pincer attacks that you can't dodge out of so you have to die and really carefully bait some enemies, there's bosses that change their attacks directions midswing to get a cheap shot on you etc etc.

As far as the mechanics go, I can't get a backstab or the kick to work for the life of me. As I said I played ds2,3 and Bloodborne and loved two of them. I knew al lthe tricks and got all the mechanics to work just fucking fine in those games.

But with 1, I can't do it. 2 hours of gameplay and I had 3 successful backstabs, As far as the kick goes, again, I can do it all day in ds2 and 3, but more often than not in ds1 I just attack normally, get bounced off a shield and then die.
>>
File: 1488708657975.jpg (46KB, 938x641px) Image search: [Google]
1488708657975.jpg
46KB, 938x641px
>>377096590
No.

DS3 and Bloodborne are fun.

This is tedious, boring, monotonous bullshit that doesn't understand what it itself is trying to do. Thank god they got a handle on it for later games.
>>
It's so unfortunate because this game has probably one of the coolest fucking settings and stories and EVERYTHING in the last 10 years of it's time, but it's wrapped in such a shit sandwhich that it's better to just fucking watch it on youtube and let some other retard rube try to figure out how this fuckheap manages to run.
>>
>>377096748
Alright yeah you've convinced me. WTF I hate this game now?
>>
>>377096516
old people (20+ers eww) love it because it was their first taste of souls and the discovery process, level design, difficulty and level of care was unprecedented.

I agree with you a bit but you cant deny it has a certain charm that remains unmatched
>>
There are a lot more "soulsfags amirite?" threads than there are actual souls threads, to be honest.
>>
File: 1451985264067.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451985264067.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>377096793
>>
>>377096748
After my 3rd playthrough, I only died like 6 times total and they were either me playing with no fucks given or dying to the game's bullshit geography (Crystal Cavern drop for the people that played it)

I even played a randomized class and got a Strength build, so I just facerolled everything with a greataxe/demon axe
>>
>DaS1 is shit
> DaS3 and Bloodborne are fun.
You know, maybe, just maybe, wait one moment and try to follow me, hear this wild guess, you simply fucking prefer a faster combat? Stop trying to sell what you don't like as shit only because it's not your cup of tea.
>>
>>377098794
>implying faster combat is the only difference
Maybe the fact that except for Gwyn and Artorias, every boss is pathetic to fight against?
Maybe the fact that the only good aspect of DaS is world design, and that's only for 1/3 of the game?
Maybe the fact that in terms of boss, level design, weapons, fashion souls, variety of builds, boss fights, and pretty much everything that isn't world design, DaS gets ass ravaged by DaS3 and Bloodborne?
Or simply the fact that DaS is by far the least polished and the most broken.

It's ok to enjoy DaS, but it's only normal to admit it feels like a pre alpha early access game compared to BB/DaS3.
>>
>>377096516
>Also, I just beat ds3 and fucking loved every second of it.
You just have shit taste m8.
>>
File: 1435692369448.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1435692369448.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>377096516
>90% of the game is pot shots, ridiculous ambushes and shitty deaths due to bad mechanics and shitty optimization
>it's another shit players blame the game for their incompetence thread
>>
>>377096516
OP, go to play Demons Soul and then make a thread about it.
>>
>>377096748
I agree Dark Souls 1 aged like spoiled milk compare to say 2 (though most people hate it, it at least look/feel good compare to the 1st) but with this comment
>2 hours of gameplay and I had 3 successful backstabs
I'm sure you are just "trolling". No one can be that god damn awful at the game after playing the other games in the series. The mobs on Dark Souls 1 will literally stand there for a few good seconds just begging for a backstab, one reason why it aged like spoiled milk.
>>
>>377096516
>Tell me why this game is loved
Because the interconnected world design is unmatched, the gameplay is an improvement over Demon's Souls (which was GOAT already), and it has one of the best stories in recent gaming history.
>when it aged so fucking horribly
It looks better than its own sequels and runs almost flawlessly even on a shit PC. That's not bad aging.

>>377096748
>As far as the kick goes, again, I can do it all day in ds2 and 3, but more often than not in ds1 I just attack normally, get bounced off a shield and then die
Are you playing with mouse&keyboard?
>>
>>377096516
>90% of the game is pot shots, ridiculous ambushes and shitty deaths due to bad mechanics and shitty optimization.

Dude what the fuck yeah it aged and it's nowhere near perfect but if you can't land a backstab in DS1- the easiest game in the series to get backstabs- that's entirely your own fault. Pretty sure you just owned up to being a shitter with that line.

>How did they fuck up a game so bad immediately after demon's souls?

Fucking hell my sides
>>
If you say anything bad about those shitty games everyone going to freak, careful OP there alot of dick-riders here
>>
You have to lower your shield for a second or two to backstab. Kicking isn't that hard to do either consistently.
I also prefer bloodborne but that's no reason to hate on it's predecessor.
>>
>I was introduced to the souls series with Bloodborne

Underage b&
>>
>>377096516
>I was introduced to the souls series with Bloodborne
stopped reading right there
>>
>>377100274
the fact you said that shows you are at maximum 18 years old.
>>
>>377096516
Looks like someone here didn't git gud enough.
>>
>>377096516
there are no jumpscare attacks beside like one ot two obvious traps and the game gives you time to prepare to ambushes.

the enemies telegraph their attacks like crazy, the backstab and kick are really easy to execute even for begginers.

The game is ridiculously fair compared to other difficult games like ninja gaiden.
>>
It's popular so I hate it.
-t. /v/
>>
>>377100521
But BB is fucking popular and op likes it.
>>
PeePeePooPoo
>>
>>377100721
OP is a fag.
>>
Half of your complaints are just bullshit but I do agree that Dark Souls 1 has aged poorly compared to the others and playing in 2017 it is probably my least favourite.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.