[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i kinda wish valve would make this game great/relevant again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

i kinda wish valve would make this game great/relevant again.

I vastly TF2 over something like Overwatch or Mobas and Counter strike.

TF2 /v/ thread?
>>
man this game was really something back in the day. i would have never believed it could be so fucked as it is now, but it is nearly unplayable and is in no way the same game anymore. it really makes me sad as i know i spent thousands of hours in game. hats didnt kill the game solely by themselves either. it was also hundreds of bad and ignorant patches which did nothing to improve balance or only made it worse. demomen and soldiers didnt need a parachute to help them fly, pyro didnt need an invincibility crit gun, half the classes didn't need their own self heal weapons. heavy didn't need all the nerfs he got. demo could have used more buildings. the list goes on and im sure entire threads could be spent arguing on the direction the game should have gone, but my point is the way valve sent it with loads of meme weapons and bumper cars and ducks and shit was not the right way to go. gone are cool halloween and christmas events. here to stay are shitty community cosmetic packs. mvm was an amazing addition and really pumped the game full of a little more life, but it just wasn't enough. it makes me sad how tf2 went out with a free to play whimper. fps games just aren't popular anymore and valve knows where its money is. :(
>>
>>377091592

I agree completely anon

Something like Overwatch and its skins garbage skinner box peer to peer trash pales in comparison to 2009-2011 TF2 and the updates it got back then.
>>
File: 1277966287648.jpg (159KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1277966287648.jpg
159KB, 1280x1024px
The game is ten years old. They really should have just stopped updating it a long time ago and just let it remain as is. Right now it's a bloated corpse of unbalanced weapons, ugly cosmetics, poor performance, and awful matchmaking.
>>
>>377091756
>>377091592
Funny, that's how I felt about TF2 after having played TF.

>this game was really something

It really wasn't.
>>
>>377091994
I would like to see an alternate timeline where they did add all the new maps and the Pyro's airblast but nothing else
>>
>>377092264
Yea I hate the gunslinger and its trolling.
>>
Is Valve even doing anything but teasing stuff nowadays?
>>
>>377092426
yea, farming retards bitterly.
>>
I have never played TF2 before, but people used to say it is a really fun game. Summarize for me please the state of the game and what caused that to happen? Just generally interested.
>>
>>377092426
maintaining esports game and analysing esports trends (ie making further pushes into the chinese market)
>>
>>377092640
Game went to shit after F2P update. I fucking knew back then that Valve is going to completely ruin TF2 in the coming years.
>>
>>377093323
It went to shit way before it dude. F2P was just the coffin.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.