[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Weapons degrade >Fists don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: halfogre[1].png (182KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
halfogre[1].png
182KB, 310x400px
>Weapons degrade
>Fists don't
>>
>>377087752
fists only get harder
>>
>spend a fuck load of points on building up repair because of all the golems in the tougher dungeons.
>It's actually worse maxed out than simply paying the chump change to repair a weapon at a blacksmith.

Arcanum was great but it's broken as fuck.
>>
>>377088529
I would just punch those elemental shits that degrade your weapons.
>>
>>377088529

Balance and combat was never its strong suit. Luckily it makes up for it in storytelling, quests, and world design.
>>
>>377088596
I played a tech guy with an elephant gun and I just threw cheap ass grenades made from powder and tin cans at them, because shooting the golems was a waste of bullets early on due to how it was to hit their actually vulnerable spot.
>>
>>377087752
A lot of people legitimately think boxing gloves are padded to lessen the damage to their opponent. Silly shit.
>>
>>377088638
>storytelling
>Arcanum
LMAO, the story is shit. The one thing that makes Arcanum good is how many quests can be solved in different ways based on your character build, that's it. That's the sole reason it's a top 3 RPG of all time, everything else in the game is sub-par at best.
>>
>>377088796

I thought it did a pretty good job at incorporating existing social issues into the world. The prose was fine too. Definitely better than most games.

What part about the writing didn't you like?
>>
>>377088796
The story was perfect for a digital representation of a tabletop RPG. Either be a reincarnated God, kind of be a reincarnated God, ignore being a reincarnated God, laugh at people that think you're a reincarnated God... It was actually open to however you wanted to play it. What's your idea of good RPG storytelling? The railroaded sacarene garbage of jrpgs?
>>
>>377088764
>when people say bare knuckle boxing is more dangerous than with gloves
always makes me chuckle
>>
>>377089057
>What part about the writing didn't you like?
Hmm, dunno, maybe the fucking part where the story boils down to the generic AN EVIL WIZARD IS GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD SAVE US HERO shit?
>>
>Typically like to play a skill-based character and let my companions do the fighting
>had to restart 4 times to get out of Shrouded Hills

Fuck you Witless. Well, your two half-ogre friends mostly.
>>
>>377089272

That has nothing to do with how the actual story is told out though.
>>
>>377089272
You're ignoring the fact that you can BE the evil wizard that destroys the world. Or just ignore him. Or laugh at him and then ignore him. The game has 40+ endings. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>377089272
So you haven't even played the game and just came here to be a retard about it.
>>
>>377088764
And that ends up being counter productive as fuck since people are more willing to punch people in the face if they don't have to experience what ramming a delicate group of sensitive bones into rock-hard skull really feels like.
>>
I really wish a modern RPG would at the very least take cues from the dialogue system of arcanum. Starting off as a fuck ugly half ogre and having to apologize to people and kissing their ass just to get them to treat you like a person was amazing. And the retard dialogue for too little intelligence.
>>
>>377088764

Makes me wonder what they believe bindings are for.

>durr you bind your fists to protect the opponent
>>
>>377090075
I'd be happy if RPG's would bother telling you about world building events that aren't directly related to you. In no other RPG have I seen a system like the different newspapers you could buy every day.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>377090262
It's to give the opponent cavities.
>>
>>377090538
Yeap, it would be nice to see passion again rather than the design by committee and get the paycheck bullshit we have today.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.