[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game punishes you for being good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: Blue Shell.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Shell.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>
>>377082957
it's a kids game
everyone wins bitch
>>
What other games are systematically designed to shit on try-hards?
>>
File: BiTF3.jpg (85KB, 900x225px) Image search: [Google]
BiTF3.jpg
85KB, 900x225px
>>377083042
Brawl.
>>
>>377083150
tripping still makes me angry to this day
>>
>>377082957
>knows game has items
>runs low accel
>still thinks he's good
>>
>>377082957
The game punishes you for not being good enough
>>
>being in first with no BS defense and within passing distance of the other players
>not breaking so that the bastard behind you eats shit

git gud
>>
File: 4234131.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
4234131.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>377082957
>game has comeback opportunities/mechanics
>WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED FOR BEING GOOD!?!!?!?!?

If you can't play around it, you were never good.
>>
Not everyone can afford can to play hours on end to memorize every course to win all the time.

>>377085053
Also this. Blue shells are easy to dodge.
>>
Seriously, which stat is the best to go for?
I've tried both acceleration and speed and they give me vastly different results.

With high acceleration I can mostly keep myself around 3rd place, while with high speed I always end up like 8th or worse because I get bumfucked by items and since acceleration is so low any momentum I had is lost.

So all in all is low speed, high acceleration THE stat to go for?
>>
Any of you pros can tell me how to get better at MK? I consistently end in third place in online matches, but I'm usually first for 95% of the race. Of course when I'm close to the finish line I get nuked by a gazillion red shells and five blue ones all while getting struck by lightning.

Everywhere I see that you need to go high speed, but it usually means that when they inevitably dump everything on you at then end you won't be able to catch up. So what I mean is, is it actually better to use heavies and put everything into speed or am I better off by using a medium weight with balanced speed and acceleration?
>>
>>377085417
in modern mario kart it's all about 4 things

maximizing gliding

optimizing coin grabbing/pathing when possible

optimal item usage

sufficient drift boost abuse
>>
File: dizzy.png (37KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
dizzy.png
37KB, 384x224px
>Game punishes you for losing by making you lose more
>>
>>377082957
Is this you?
>>
>>377082957
I don't get why it's still in the games. Why not have more items like the shock instead, that affects you more the further ahead you are. Blooper could do this too where it would almost entirely cover 1st place's screen.
And more items that help you without ruining for others.
>>
>>377085396
I'm all about handling desu. Items are enough to keep you in the top three if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>377086472
In certain games the blue shell hits people in it's path and if you're a poor kid who doesn't watch the item screen the buzzer isn't enough to save you.
>>
>>377086879
But even if it manages to hit everyone in its path, it slows down everyone equally. Lightning, at least in MKWii, lasted shorter the worse place you were in. I'm pretty sure it's the same in 8.
They never should've brought back 2 items in a game with that slow recovery and red shell's perfect aim.
>>
>>377084475
>breaking
Retard.
>>
It is literally a children's game holy shit
>>
>>377087384
>that slow recovery
I never realized this until playing Double Dash the other day. You don't even come to a complete stop when you get hit in that game, but in MK8 you're fucked.
>>
>>377082957
>playing mario kart to win
you have better luck trying to play Street fighter 5 for the plot.
>>
>>377087501
You just kinda kept sliding after hitting something.
I don't know if Nintendo even knows what they're doing with these games. 8 is the worst offender when it comes to how much luck influences your placement. The best strategy is to not win until the very last lap.
>>
>>377082957
it's literally the only thing keeping 1st from being untouchable
>>
>>377088235
Except the fact that red shells travel perfectly, flies through jumps and barely can't be juked?
Even then, what's the problem with the best racer getting first? Shouldn't that just mean he needs to join another lobby after a couple of races when the matchmaking system realizes it's too easy for them?
>>
>>377088681
Being in first doesn't necessarily make you the best racer, it just means you lucked out of the initial clusterfuck that starts at every race.
>>
File: unnamed.png (59KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
59KB, 443x332px
>The game punishes you for playing the game
>>
>>377082957
FUCKING BLOODBORNE RIPOFF
>>
>>377088845
That's not even true. How tight you take the first two turns (usually how long it takes to get the first set of items) dictates where you're placed unless you get bumped off.
Even if it was luck, you can't get blue shells at the start of a race as far as I've noticed, so when they start coming, first's lead is almost always because of good driving.
>>
>>377088845
If you really think that then you suck shit at MK.
>>
>>377085629
Forget coin pathing. Find the alt paths. Period. Find and abuse those and the distance advantage can negate blue shell.

>>377088681
> matchmaking system notices you're gud
lol. Since when? Seriously. The Matchmaking on Mario Kart 8 is shit. Not sure on Mario Kart 8 part 2 electric boogaloo, but that's what I saw when I played on Wii U.
>>
>>377082957
If the game didn't have this there would literally be no way for people to catch up once someone got a decent lead.
>>
>>377091183

welcome to racing games
>>
>>377085226
>Blue shells are easy to dodge.
Not anymore. Since you need either a mushroom or a horn to deal with it, it leaves you as a sitting duck for red shells, even in the case of the latter since you have to use your horn for a single red shell.
>>
>sneak past jap for first
>pulls triple reds
>break my line to not get BTFO
>he gives me first in the end
Why are Japs based?
>>
>>377092360
Mario Kart DS was insane if you took it online.
Since MKDS has the highest skill ceiling of the series, those crazy japs annihilated everyone else with like 40-second leads over every other country that was in the race.

Man, I really miss mario kart ds
>>
Anybody who thinks Mario Kart is more than a random party racer must be sort of special
>>
>>377091183
SASRT's many levels of drift boosting say hi
>>
File: 1473967238630.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1473967238630.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>377082957
If you were really good you'd be far enough ahead to where getting hit by a blue shell doesn't matter.
>>
>>377093893
>random party racer
This is exactly why it was a question of honor to win this.
>ahahah anon who plays so much video games can't beat me at mario kart xddd
>>
>>377094131
>losing in mario kart to casuals
Do you even drift? Because casuals don't know how to.
>>
>>377092876
I will pay a large sum to activate mkds online again I winning never felt so good snakeing neck and neck with some a whole race and they fuck up ever so slightly and then immediately quit
>>
>>377094648
Wiimmfi supports MKDS online. All you need to do is patch the ROM and change the DNS settings so it connects to Wiimmfi instead of Nintendo WFC
>>
File: Ultra_Combo_Double_gauge.jpg (9KB, 180x150px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra_Combo_Double_gauge.jpg
9KB, 180x150px
>>
>>377085963
luigi is such a savage in this clip
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.