[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a jrpg or not? Hardmode: why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1120x1600px
Is it a jrpg or not?

Hardmode: why?
>>
It's a hack and slash plus platforming collectathon, featuring RPG elements
>>
It's an Action-RPG. As it's Japanese-made, it further classifies as an Action-JRPG. Same as NieR, really.

>>377082760
That isn't accurate at all.
>>
>>377082631
It's and APRG made in Japan.
Are you mentally handicapped?
>>
>>377083192
Sounds pretty accurate to me
>hack and slash
check
>platforming
check
>collectathon
Dalmatians and Gummi pieces, check
>rpg elements
This is the weakest point, but I think it qualifies since you decide on a "build" and select abilities based on your playstyle.
>>
>>377082631
>>377083192

To attempt hardmode:

It is an action-rpg because 1) battles take place in real-time with no transition, and rely on timing and positioning and 2) it contains standard RPG elements and customizations.

Now, you could make the arguement that something like Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is also an AJRPG because it has seamless battles with no transition, however battles are contained to a set area once initiated. In an ARPG, you are generally free to run away or position yourself differently, using the environment.

>>377083418
A hack-n-slash uses a combat system that reward players based o combo counts and style, a la DMC or Bayonetta. KH doesn't do that.

A platformer is a game in which navigating the environment is the main challenge. That is not the case in KH.

A collectathon, similarly, is where the main goal is collecting items. Very little in KH is required. The main goal is combat and moving world-to-world.

RPG is the one thing I can say you got right.
>>
>>377083763
>main challenge
>main goal
Fine, if you wanna be all pedantic about it, then I guess it has hack-and-slash "elements" and collectathon "elements." Happy? And yes, "navigating the environment" is the main challenge, because you can't progress unless you fucking move where the game wants you to.
>>
>>377083930
Jumping over a rock is not the same as completing Star Road in Super Mario World.
>>
>>377084227
Now you're just moving the goalposts and complaining it isn't difficult enough.
>>
>>377082631
It's a AJRPG

It goes in the same genre as Souls, Tales, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter, Rogue Galaxy, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Nier
>>
>>377082631
Why the fuck wouldn't it be a JRPG are you fucking retarded OP?

>inb4 just pretending to be retarded

No. Crawl back into your mother's womb so she can abort you faggot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.