[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so much hate on DE:MD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
> played HR before playing this
> finished both games on "Give me deus ex"
> bought a dlc (A criminal past) it was not bad as well

Imo, game was polished, without bugs (at least i didnt experience any) and had a smoother gameplay than the first one.
I agree the story was left at a loose end (its fucked up for a full price AAA game, i know) but I don't think the game deserved that much hate...
Besides the microtransactions arent even needed for the main story, dlc and the arcade mode....
>>
>>377078235
>Inb4 /v/ calls me an Eidos employee
kek
>>
>>377078235
Got every trophy except the arcade mode trophies
Fuck that mode
>>
>>377078589
ikr, but who gives one about grinding on arcade
>>
>>377078235
>Main narrative is bollocks
>Game is easier than HR, with free resources everywhere, abundance of XP/Praxis, more forgiving stealth detection time even on the hardest difficulty
>Gameplay only mildly improved from HR, with egregious time-stopping takedowns made even worse with long fade to black
>Weaker, level design in the main missions, often essentially linear with no interesting objective to complete
>Boring choices that fuck you if you ever side with TF29
>Awful P2W ca$hm0n3y mode

Granted, I still liked this game. Prague was amazingly crafted, side missions were the best I've ever encountered in a game, and the small improvements they made to the core gameplay were good. Still can't compare to the OG Deus Ex, especially with the GMDX mod.
>>
MD was a mechanical improvement, but there were plenty of problems:

>new augs are basically useless if you're going for nonlethal/stealth
>one hub = constant backtracking
>only one bossfight at the end
>story felt incredibly hamfisted
>visuals are barely better than HR but the system requirements are retardedly high
>Breach mode is pointless

And that's not even taking into account Square Enix trying to cash shop the game while butchering the preorders.
>>
>>377079298
>MD was a mechanical improvement
Mechanically, it was largely unchanged. The maps are smaller and shittier, there's only one hub, and the stealth is even more forgiving. Some of the criticisms aimed at the first game were either outright ignored in the sequel, or seemed to be actively made worse.

- HR had absolutely no focus on specialization. By the end of the game, you had enough Praxis to invest in every single skill. MD's response was to let you max out all your skills by the halfway point.

- Pre-baked takedowns were bullshit in HR, and the response to that was to not change a goddamn thing.

- Everyone hated that the boss fights forced you not only to engage in combat when you were supposedly given the option of stealth, but also forced you to kill your opponents in some instances in cutscenes. The response to that was to remove all boss fights but one. Which was apparently made optional.

- People complained that HR's The Missing Link felt like a middle chapter of the game got removed and sold after the fact as DLC. MD's answer to that was to chop off the entire third act of the plot to sell later as DLC.

- People hated that your ending choices boiled down to pushing one of four identical buttons which didn't change shit in the ending. The answer to that was to apparently not let you make a choice in the ending at all.

The thing that ultimately killed Mankind Divided was the fact that Human Revolution was already just OK. It couldn't even begin to hold a candle to the original Deus Ex in terms of scope, player agency, freedom, or choice, and this was just a cash-in sequel that barely improved.
>>
>>377079218
I agree with u on points #2,4,5
but I definitely disagree with the game being P2W, I mean it's even possible to do the game on the hardest difficulty or grind arcade without paying a dime for microtransactions...

>>377079298
point #1: yes, but going loud/lethal was nearly impossible to pull off on HR's max difficult, but you can pull that off on MD thanks to the new augs. besides not all new augs are for loud approaches...

point #2: prague hub was kind of bigger than HR's 1st Hub.
point #3: agreed, a shitty one as well, but the nonlethal and consequent-less approach was kind of delicate.
point #4: agreed.
point #5: "barely" isnt the right word here, "significantly" is a better one. i ran the game smoothly (60-70fps) with a GTX 960 and 8gb ram on high quality and it looked more detailed and polished than HR.
point #6: yes, but why get irritated over it? its completely optional, free and basically a grindfest...

yeah every AAA company does pre-orders on their products, you and every other consumer have the choice of not buying it on the first day, holding your dick in your pants and wait for a sale <3
>>
File: akane.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akane.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>377078235
Game just stopped when the story was actually beginning to get good. The entire plot felt like an introduction.
I would've loved a 100+ hour version of MD carrying over the same mechanics and side mission design except the conspiracy is actually blown wide open, alas I think Cyberpunk 2077 will have to fill that void now
>>
>>377080841
Praise CD Projekt Red
may they bless us with another great game <3
>>
>>377080991
To be 100% honest, I've never played one of their games because the medieval/fantasy aesthetic isn't for me. I'm excited for 2077 though, because I love cyberpunk and have heard tons of praise for CDPR.
>>
>>377078235
FEELING GUILTY ABOUT SEGREGATION AND APARTHEID YET? NO? HOW ABOUT WE SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE SOME MORE?
>>
>>377078589
I actually had a glitch where I had a 50 and 100 hp boost equipped in my inventory and restarted a level multiple times, my max health would increase and stay that way until I left the game. I blew through the 2nd half of levels with 4000 health and luckily got an S rank revolver at the end to finish off the final bosses easily. You don't need to do Santau or Picus levels for the platinum.
>>
>>377080991
Will the combat be good? Witcher's combat is no fun.
>>
Is the gameplay better than HR? Stealth was terrible and gunplay was even worse
>>
>>377078235
No clue, but it was on sale 75% off over the weekend so I finally grabbed it since it was only 15 dollars.

I had every intention of playing it eventually but I still need to go back and replay Human Revolution because I never finished it. I got to some parking lot in China when my save got broken.

Just haven't had the will to replay it yet.
>>
>>377081506
Well it's like some kind of sci-fi futuristic steampunk so I assume it'll have guns.

So there's no way to know, but it shouldn't be in any way comparable.
>>
>>377081389
well my condolences buddy, at least i didnt experience any bugs in the game.
Plus, HR wasn't flawless as well, I had a HUD bug as well which made the game's entire HUD disappear, I went on eidos forums and there were no working solution, I even messed around with the game's reg files and nothing got solved.
Had to reload a manual save which was way too fucking back in terms of game progress.
But seriously these bugs either rarely occur or under very special circumstances, mine was due to pressing a certain combination of buttons on a ladder....
>>
>>377081506
may not be as fun and detailed as dark souls' superior combat system but challenging on higher difficulty settings...
>>
>>377081174
how come? i didn't give a crap/notice anything about multiculturalism, diversity or sjw bullshit in the game...
dafuq u talkin about?
>>
>>377081660
dunno what your opinion will be about MD, but HR is definitely worth a playthrough, go for it bud <3
>>
>>377081634
replace "terrible" with "challenging/different than other games".
mechanics in MD are kind of smoother and a bit more improved than HR but its same old same old.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.