[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can shoot this fucker down huh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: Hunter_chopper_canals.jpg (134KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter_chopper_canals.jpg
134KB, 800x516px
>you can shoot this fucker down

huh.
>>
>>377078148
worst part of HL2
>>
haha wait a minute that can xd
>>
>>377080310
I'm assumnig it was supposed to be a
"oh no you're being chased by this thing that's annoying you"
"NOW YOU CAN KILL IT, FEEL EMPOWERED"
sort of thing

never really felt like that tho. it was just always an enemy that kind of stayed there. I didn't really feel like I got rid of the helicopter for the later levels. It just felt like a boss.
>>
>>377080310
The only good part is sandtraps.
>>
>>377080310
That's not Highway 17.
>>
>>377080310
>I can't drive, the post.
fucking hell genz.
>>
I was really annoyed how the spherical bombs clipped through the Helicopter, also, Episode 2 did it better.
>>
>>377080559
I think you mean City 17. and ravenhelm
>>
best part of the game was Nova prospect
Second was the SOOPER gravity gun
then maybe ravenholm

basically any area where you got to use a weapon through it.
>>
>>377080589
What? The canals are easily the worst fucking part of the game. Highway 17 mops the floor with it
>>
>>377080589
highway 17 was great

>that bridge
>that jeep
>those 'puzzles' to open the gate so you could drive further with the jeep

hl2 jeep was one of the best moments in gaming
>>
HL1 > Episode 2 > HL2 > Episode 1

Didn't rank the HL1 expansions since they were done by an external dev.
>>
it's impressive how hl2 only gets better the farther in you play.

which is to say the entire start up until the gravity gun is horse shit.
>>
It's hilarious how they're now in a DNF situation where they kept scrapping and restarting HL3 so it would be one of the top 10 best looking games with one of the best physics engines etc., but now it's been so long they have no way of possibly living up to expectations.

Wouldn't be surprised if at one point they made it an open world game with rpg elements to follow the success of Skyrim and Human Revolution, but then scrapped that after the genre became a meme.
>>
>>377080559
Sandtraps was pretty fuckin' cool. It was physics done right - Avoid the ground, and everything's cool.

Where HL2 and its expansions fucked up was introducing more LOL ITS A LEVER physics puzzles instead of shit like Sandtrap.
>>
>>377080952
>They keep restarting HL3
They haven't worked on HL3 in almost a decade. It's not that they're restarting, they just don't want to make it
>>
>>377080834
>>377080907

Highway 17 is just Water Hazard with a shittier vehicle with a shittier steering radius with a shittier, less-fun gun attached to it that you have to keep getting out of every 5 seconds to take off the stupid roller mines that constantly attach themselves to it, nothing chasing you to create a sense of tension and it goes on longer and overstays its welcome. I don;t see how anyone could possibly hate water hazard and love highway 17.
>>
>>377081072
>They haven't worked on HL3 in almost a decade
it's this year isn't it
>>
File: 1470758758102.jpg (9KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470758758102.jpg
9KB, 199x250px
>>377080952
>>377081072
the writer quit. it's not gonna happen. gabe made his choice ten years ago.
>>
>>377081202
>>377081072
>>377080952
This DESU. HL3 is more useful as an unreleased meme that perpetually keeps Valve in the public eye than a released product (even if it was everything we wanted and more)
>>
>>377081262
I'm positive the actual story of the game is complete, and has been for a very long time, so I doubt the writers leaving will have that much of an impact.
>>
>>377081262
The script has been completed for years. They probably have like 3 different scripts to choose from at this point, along with all the written dialogue they need, all character dialogue exposition etc. There's probably buckets of concept art and writing that will never see the light of day because those were the only people that were on the project for years and they just kept working past the point they needed to in case the director wanted some different options.
>>
>>377078148
I thought shooting that guy down was the only was to progress
>>
>>377081320
>being this delusional

nobody current day and age knows or has played hl1 and hl2 except 20+ autists

>he thinks people know valve for hl3
>what is counter strike
>>
>>377081524
Valve today is known for having the most garbage filled online store in video games. And not making games anymore.

>What is counter strike
A series with two dead communities and a current game with well known to be shit dev support?
>Talking current day and bringing up counter strike
>>
File: 1475645393457.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475645393457.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>377081342
>>377081473
i really should have considered that. i'm still not exactly optimistic.
>>
>>377081712
counter strike is about the only thing people play anymore
>>
>>377081789
Maybe because Steam is a dead platform of people buying games and not playing them
>>
Gaben explicitly said not too long ago the only way HL3 would happen is if everyone at Valve wanted it to happen and could come together with an explanation why.

All Valve cares about at this point is making constant shitzillions from Steam and hats/skins. Why bother releasing a new game when you can sit around and fix some bugs while making 10x the amount you would from an actual game. You can't really blame them.
>>
>>377078148

Isn't shooting that thing down required? I didn't know you could continue without killing it; it feels like a boss fight.
>>
>>377081952
There's only one reason they really need: it would make a shitload of money. Unfortunately, they've waited too long, and the longer they wait, the less money it will make because people are starting to care less and less about Half Life.
>>
>>377080715
I was annoyed that the Combine saw fit to mount their standardized battle helicopter with a gun that shoots like a guy taking a piss who didn't clean his dick after cumming the night before. It's so fucking inefficient. Great game otherwise.
>>
Would you guys be up for a game of Synergy this weekend?
>>
>>377082313
>it would make a shitload of money
It would be a puddle compared to the ocean of wealth that is Steam and there milkable current titles
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (64KB, 287x358px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
64KB, 287x358px
>Half-Life 3 comes out
>it's a MMO and everything comes from crates except pic related
>>
>>377082313
A large majority of people today only know about Half Life 3 because of the shitty meme and haven't even played the other games. It's at the point where it's a waste of time and money to make.
>>
>>377081952

Of course they'll release it, but they are trying to find a way to make a shitton of money with it. They experiment with their games, see tf2, adding hats was just the beginning, they saw people cared about hats, Portal 2 had cosmetics and taunts too, they removed the drop system just to see if people would care enough to buy them, CSGO added skins, DOTA 2, well I don't know what that piece of crap added but it seems it worked.

They'll release their golden boy, but only when they are sure they can sell stupid shit with it and people won't complain about it.
>>
>>377082783
>hearing nothing but PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAP for hundreds of hours
>>
fear > hl2
>>
>>377080952
>le expectations meme
>>
>>377082462
yeah you guys can come over to by house my mom can make us pizza rolls
>>
>>377081952
God damn it all they had to do was make fucking Episode 3 and finish the God damn story.
>>
>>377083540
I gotta agree with you anon
>>
inb4 hl3 has crates and keys
>>
>>377083726
Alright, cool. I'll make a server this weekend. Don't forget the pizza rolls.
>>
>>377080589
I kind of liked exploring that one 3 story building on the side of the highway. It felt like a real road trip.
>>
>>377082934
everyone does the same damage nothing else drops just that gun and ammo.
>>
HL3 will never be made. Valve is making too much money off of Steam and wouldn't want to tarnish their name with a HL3 that dosn't live up to expectations, especially since HL controls are pretty dated.
>>
>>377084292
yeah they couldn't update the controls
>>
>>377082934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxN8sCIOOE&t=326s

Immediately made me think of this
>>
File: niceman.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
niceman.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>tfw when you get the gun on your airboat
>music starts playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DNVMxMwwqY
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.