[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is this game now that its no longer available brand new ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Alan-Wake.jpg (103KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Wake.jpg
103KB, 1920x1200px
how is this game now that its no longer available brand new ?

just got it on 360.
>>
>>377075510

it's got a good story, OST, graphics

I hope you like the same gameplay and fighting the same enemies a lot though
>>
>>377075624
>>377075624
is it like alone in the dark and silent hill ???
>>
>>377075702
It's more like RE4 but with way more open ended levels and things to collect and a sharp focus on story. You could have tried the American Nightmare Demo first and see if the gameplay is
Up your alley (There are no spoilers in the demo)
>>
>>377075510
It's fun for a few hours but it massively overstays its welcome, by the end I was begging for it to be over
>>
Alan Shake
>>
File: Sam Payne.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Payne.gif
2MB, 200x200px
Story, atmosphere, and OST are incredible. Based Sam even got his buds from Poets of the Fall to record original music under the name "Old Gods of Asgard."
The gameplay gets repetitive quickly though. I think it's worth it to push through until the end, but if repetitive gameplay is unforgivable to you, you might be better off reading the novelization (which is actually pretty damn good) while blasting Poets of the Fall
>>
>>377075510
>tfw I had $3 and some change in my steam wallet, just enough to buy it yesterday

I played it back on the 360 and really enjoyed it, though I never played the DLC episodes because back then I refused to ever buy DLC for whatever reason, and thus I never really saw the game's ending. It had one of the strongest narratives I'd ever seen in a game at that point. Gameplay could be repetitive but my desire to find out what the hell was actually going on made it hard to put the game down honestly.

I hear the PC version actually includes all the DLC so it gives me an excuse to play through the game again.
>>
File: THE MOVIE.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
THE MOVIE.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
Stop. Killing. Games.
>>
>>377076624
>I refused to ever buy DLC for whatever reason, and thus I never really saw the game's ending

I'm with you, but Alan Wake is one of the last examples of handling DLC well.

The DLC was free with all new copies of the game. The episodes weren't completed, but vouchers were included in all copies for them when they did come out.
>>
This is probably going on Games with Gold soon before the delisting (music rights). Same happened with Forza Horizon 1.
>>
>>377077189
It sucks because the DLC "Reveals shit" and the level design is great and it's hardcore difficult
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.