[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Cells Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: screen_fb.jpg (669KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
screen_fb.jpg
669KB, 1438x810px
I just had my longest run but died to the guy on the black brigde. I think the game is really fun

Anyone else played this yet? Opinions?
>>
I got about as far as you did before stopping OP, and it's been pretty good thus far. I still have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to staying out of harm's way. The difficulty level seems just about right. Thus far I've found any weapon with bleed to be top-tier. Probably haven't seen enough just yet to get a proper estimation of the game's overall lasting appeal, but I could see myself sinking a good number of hours into it, especially once it's 100% complete.

I don't really get the Dark Souls comparisons at all. It doesn't play anything like Souls and unless I missed something I don't think you can even retrieve your corpse.
>>
Seems interesting but as a rule I don't play early access games so I guess I'll play it in 5 years.
>>
>>377074591
wow, what a great contribution
>>
>>377074527
I think the daggers are better than the blood sword, but I guess that's my opinion. I think the electric whip is really amazing, but i kinda feel the bomb can be abused a bit too much
>>
>>377074937

Bombs are good, maybe even too good. I had one with tons of damage and the cooldown was only like 1.5 seconds, seemed a bit much.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>377074784
You asked if anyone had played the game. I answered. Faggot
>>
>>377075389
Skills in general tend on the side of being OP. The turret and the ice grenade make cheesing bosses easy as hell. Backstab blink and knife explosion are pretty retarded as well
>>
File: cheese.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cheese.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
WebM poster from earlier here. Seems like bombs are just so fucking good bythemselves.

Also got the upgrade for random starting weapon, and its just the tits when you get daggers to start. Honestly my favorite weapon in the game
>>
WAIT this shit is fucking early access?
>>
>>377075389

Ice Bomb + Flashbang is incredibly OP.
>>
>>377075683
Flashbang in general is insane. Stun is so valuable in this game, especially with the annoying fucking bats and teleporting zombies.

>>377075681
Yes. I recommend pirating it to try it out, since theres no DRM. Obviously only if you want.
>>
Fun game. Never made it past the graveyard though
Probably going to quit
Unlocked everything except for 3 things, according to the jars at least, skills are easily the way to go, strength seems more appealing but just cant compete with how broken some of the skills are

Main complaint is that most deaths just don't feel fair. Rarely do I ever get whittled down to death and feel that kind of pressure. I just get wombo'd by a group of 3 or more enemies and go from full health to dead

I understand how you being stunned when you're hit is "hardcore" but it's easily the most frustrating mechanic
>>
>>377075538
fuck off nigger
>>
>>377074784
I'm not one to buy early access games either. What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>377075470
Only six posts before someone said it, nice.
>>
>>377074784
>>377076349
Fuck off niggerfaggot.
>>
File: frank.gif (669KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
frank.gif
669KB, 360x200px
>Get an Infantry Bow
>It has a Piercing Modifier
>>
>tier three potion
>260 health
>never get to use potion anyways
>just mess up a single approach and a small group of enemies swarm me to death
>hit once and can no longer do anything because of hitstun
That's why I quit. That and the only way to lower your chance of being mobbed is to just use skills. Skills aren't a very fun way to play either. Basically it's just spamming death ball, one of the grenades, or knifestorm and hiding the entire time while you let your skill kill them

Thought the game had a lot more potential with sadist sword+bloodshield runs being really fun but skill spam will always be superior and probably the only way to do well in the game. The second boss specifically is a fucking major headache if your primary damage is a sword
>>
File: 1363915967974.jpg (57KB, 402x475px) Image search: [Google]
1363915967974.jpg
57KB, 402x475px
>>377076938
>hate using bows
>get the infantry bow
>it's basically just another dagger/sword
>>
So I made it to the Old Sewers and there are spikes blocking what seems to be my only path. Is there some way to crawl under them that I'm missing?
>>
>>377077132

The game needs to add in some i-frames upon taking damage so you can't get hit staggered endlessly and improve melee attack speed and the fluidity of their animations in general. I too noticed several situations where the only feasible solution was to kite and throw bombs.
>>
>>377077550
You can dodge through holes that size
>>
>>377077627

Oh cool, thanks.
>>
The Turret is amazing.
>>
I always die in fog fjord.

First boss is easy, rapier destroys him, but the next area introduces like 4 new mobs with way to much damage/ swarm/ hp.

It litterally becomes cheese or die

Also shops should sell the ability to upgrade the weapons you have
>>
>>377075657
So do you actually get a roll dodge in this game? The IGN vid I saw just had the guy using jumps and crouches to evade
>>
>>377078531
Rolls work to, there are also shields but they suck
>>
>>377078328
>it literally becomes cheese or die
Hit the nail on the head there. I think most people who got that far agree. I made it to the area after that and then the boss and it does not get better
>>
>>377078653
Shields are amazing if you manage to take on two or less enemies at a time. Also makes the first boss a joke by consistently stunning him
Blood shield specifically can be used to kill hoards of enemies through walls
>>
>>377074229
>Opinions?
NEEDS MORE INCORRECTLY USED BUZZWORDS! NEEDS THEM LIKE OXYGEN!
>>
Best run was with Rapier and Damage Buff.

Rolled twice, first elite dead. Rolled three times second elite dead.

Incomplete One took a couple more, but I was doing literally 1000s with each crit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.