[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate to say it but....he's completely right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: Caesar2.png (526KB, 619x568px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar2.png
526KB, 619x568px
I hate to say it but....he's completely right.
>>
>>377062314
and dead
>>
>>377062369
not in my playthrough :)
>>
>>377062314
why hate to say it?
>>
>>377062407
New Vegas is NOT canon according to Bethesda lore ;)
>>
>>377062515
Bethesda is NOT cannon according to Obsidian lore.
>>
>>377062314
If youre retarded, yes
>>
>>377062604
>muh crumbling republic must be saved!
>>
>>377062314
Listen up, kid, and listen good, I don't care how many fancy Latin names he gives himself, a thug ain't nothing but a thug. Warlords and emperors? Don't make me laugh. At least they got enough brains to stay the hell out of New Vegas - Mr. House'd clean their clocks.
>>
How did you kill him /v/?
>>
>>377063125
as opposed to the rudderless ncr that has no goal? caesar has a plan and an objective. the only argument to be made is if the legion actually is more than caesar himself
>>
>>377064062
Truth right here. Has any Democracy lasted over a few centuries? The Roman Empire lasted well over 1000 years (Eastern Roman Empire included in that count).
>>
>>377065471
What the fuck does this retard know about the Roman Empire? He read like one fucking book.
>>
>>377062756
its not like the legion is anymore enduring. its following an eerily similar pattern to alexander the great or genghis khan. once their leader dies, their massive conquered lands are only going to be fractured by competing warlords soon after
>>
True to Caesar.
>>
File: 1447998075788.jpg (177KB, 604x876px) Image search: [Google]
1447998075788.jpg
177KB, 604x876px
>muh 1000 year empire
>>
>>377062314
>my raiders are better than other raiders because they crucify people and butcher the Latin language
Legion is lame as fuck
>>
>>377066584
>butcher the latin language
Confirmed for not even playing the game
>>
>>377066767
Not an argument
>>
File: chocolate bane.jpg (359KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate bane.jpg
359KB, 900x643px
>>377062314
>gay homo sodomite legion of assfucker boy lovers
>haha women are weak and inferior and dumb thats why we just fuck eachothers asses all day haha we're fags!!!! xddd
pic related is the only sensible person in the whole game
>>
>>377062314
His entire plan falls apart with his death, he really didn't think that shit through.
>>
>>377066884
Why does the "only sensible person" never shut his fucking mouth

Somebody even tried to fucking muzzle him, a hero no doubt, but it didn't hinder his capacity to talk for literally forever.
>>
>>377066884
Ulysses was an idiot
>I'm gonna kill the mailman because he delivered something I didn't like
>>
>>377066884
He's literally insane, his brain doesn't work anymore. He's not sensible at all, he's a raving moron.
>>
>>377066975
That's basically because the only person in the Legion that is suited to being a Caesar is Caesar. There's no Mark Antony or Octavian, just a bunch of sneaky cunts or harebrained barbarians.

The only person who could fill that role would potentially be the Courier.
>>
>>377065471
Depends on how you define a democracy. As in a democratic system is a major part of the government, or democracy has the final say in all matters?

Because Britain has been a constitutional monarchy for quite a while now.
>>
File: Darth Lanius.jpg (14KB, 242x173px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Lanius.jpg
14KB, 242x173px
>>377065939
Now listen you degenerate!
>>
>>377065471

the roman empire was fucking SHIT, only the republic was worth anything.

Caesar is a cunt who has zero awareness of the context and meaning the historical character he cosplays as possesses. He died a Dictator, but he brough glory to Rome as a Consul and Senatus Princeps.
>>
>>377067331

I wonder if Caesar would ever try to have the Courier killed. While Joshua Graham was set on fire because he fucked up at Hoover Dam, it's also implied Caesar wanted to take advantage to remove someone else that could threaten his power.

Then again, fucking with someone who dealt with two armies for you is a bad idea.
>>
>>377068684
>what is the Pax Romana
I'd rather have a kind dictator like Marcus Aurelius over an elected retard like Blonald Blumpf anyday.
>>
His hair always looked so very pink.
It cannot only be me that is troubled by how the colour ended up looking.
>>
>>377068197
Humans desire to assimilate themselves into social structures that formalise decision making. In every democratic system, the people don't actually vote on every matter. They vote on people to represent them, who will then themselves vote on matters with often no more than a 100 or so other representatives.

Incidently, the NCR isn't really like that, since they have elected the same guy and his next of kin every time, making it a monarchy ruled state in reality that pats itself on the back for feeling like a democracy.

Democracies with representatives are good because they tend to be stable. No need for civil war if the people can choose who rules them locally, at least. I don't see the Legion as being stable long term, since it's based on being lead by whomever is the most alpha. Alphas are decided by fighting. Respect for Ceasar's will would only carry on for so long until one general thinks the leading general isn't tough enough to live up to Ceasar, and goes to war with him for the glory of the legion, destabilising it in the process.

Although Ceasar did say some shit about how New Vegas would change the legion and what not. Maybe that would change things.
>>
File: legion.jpg (687KB, 1032x2853px) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
687KB, 1032x2853px
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
>>
>use the Clarity mod
>game looks way better

who the fuck ever thought filters was a good thing
>>
>>377068929

and how about his autistic son, Commodus

Rome's Republic was absolutely perfect all the way to the last Punic war, then they started conquering and expanding and the system became corrupted by power hungry bastards.

Caesar finished the job Sulla and Marius did, but they all were part of the problem.
>>
>>377062314
Caesar and the Legion is literally wrong about everything
>>
>>377069310
Caesar's plan was to consume the republic and both allow for civilization to calm down his warlike tribals and also to integrate the established system of elected representation to form a greater whole.

Not a bad plan, if it worked. The main critique being that it wouldn't have since the NCR managed to stop the Legion while overstretched, so the shorter their supply lines get the faster they wear the Lgeion to nothing.
>>
>>377068929
Your opinion on who is kind and who is dumb is so influenced by state propaganda that it doesn't matter at all if you think you came to it of your own free will. Russia is a democracy that elects the same party every time because that party controls all the media and shuts down all the opposition, for instance. The people probably see Putin as the only competent leader just because the opposition leaders seem to spontaneously die of radiation sickness every few years. As for a western person, I can't even begin to imagine how many late night comedy shows that are dedicated to mocking one political side have left their impact on your brain.
>>
>>377069515
It's weird how the game almost turns completely red when you go to certain places. I thought it was a glitch at first.
>>
>>377069515
Filters are a convenient way of having the color and saturation of an environment blend together. It's the easy alternative to designing an environment to have its pieces follow a certain color scheme (which will usually have some sort of filter thrown over it anyways to enhance the effect).
>>
File: 1385186888816.png (694KB, 900x557px) Image search: [Google]
1385186888816.png
694KB, 900x557px
He has some good points but he's gone about everything in the worst possible way

The biggest issue being his apparent obsession with "crossing the Rubicon" and 'fixing' NCR by force. Taking the Mojave is a huge blow to the NCR but when forced into their own territory, backs to the walls facing complete annihilation, they are going to make a fight of it. Assuming he lives long enough to see it, assuming he takes California with enough Legion left to enforce his rule, he's still gambling on everything turning out alright in the end and his new Caesar's Empire working just like he planned. It's a ridiculously long shot and if anything happens to him, the Legion and Arizona are fucked.

Maybe if he had taken a little time to set up a proper heir first, get his Legion used to being something other than a giant nomadic orgy of violence before charging into the West, it could work out in the long run, even without him. But no, he's got to do it all himself.
>>
>>377072472
If I had to guess, he planned to give himself a little more time, but the brain tumor developing forced him to rush things.
>>
>>377069604
>to integrate the established system of elected representation
The NCR Senate is going to be disbanded. He wants California because it has a higher civilian population than Arizona entirely because it had NCR keeping the peace for the last century
>>
>>377073552
True, I went back and checked and what he really wants is for the military power of the Legion to have a purpose besides a battering ram for knocking down walls with, and turn it into a peacekeeping and regime maintaining force rather than a force for conquering.
>>
>>377062515

of course not

New Vegas is canon with actual Fallout lore
>>
File: fallout 4 institute.png (226KB, 1622x549px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 institute.png
226KB, 1622x549px
>>377062515
>>377074626
There was a really eye-opening, at least for me, thread the other day >>376874793 that started discussing how shit civilization was in recent Fallout games compared to previous games that take place earlier in the timeline. With that and all the other differences and inconsistencies like pic in mind, do you think it is conceivable that there are two Fallout canons?
>>
>>377062314
nv is the only good fallout game
prove me wrong
pro tip you cant
>>
>>377075114
Always a fun read
>>
>>377075832
1 is also bretty gud
2 on the other hand is utter shit
>>
>>377075114
Fallout 4:
>Son, why is your organization abducting people?
>"It's too complicated for me to explain but trust me, it's necessary."
>Nothing else.

Fallout NV:
>Caesar, why does your organization act the way it does?
>"Well, you see........." (gives lengthy explanation using the Hegelian dialectic)
>>
>>377075894
Why?
>>
File: 1479012740095.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479012740095.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>377062547
>>
>>377062314
Is a game popular in Japan

https://youtu.be/nzwwlcwg_eI
>>
>>377062314
I hate to say it, but... you're a boneheaded retard. Actually, I don't hate it at all.
>>
>beth fallout
>different people
>retcons or blatantly disregards predefined lore
>preoccupied with reminding you of the previous, more iconic and better titles in the franchise with zany references and memes to bank on nostalgia rather than stand on its own merits
I think we can all agree that FO3 and 4 are glorified shitty fanfiction or a reimagining of Fallout, yes?
>>
His thinks the Rome he created was the early Rome where it gained its strength.

The legion is more like Rome near the end with all the tribes it assimilated. Legion is still a relatively young group and those assimilated still remember their repressed tribal culture and identity. Sooner or later they're going to realize they aren't satisfied with this deal and they are going to rebel when the opportunity arises and fracture the legion.

That being said, fucking hats off to Obsidian for creating a game that causes philosophical and political debate because the factions and lore is so well done. Even the leader of the biggest slavers in the wasteland give a compelling argument on why the Legion is a necessary evil.

Fallout 4's factions were so lazily written.
>meanwhile at the institute
>"We're mankind's greatest hope!"
>"So why did you kidnap settlers and inject them with the FEV and create a super mutant epidemic"
>"um.."
>"And why do you kidnap people, murder them, and replace them with synths?"
>"um.."
>And why do you send synths out to the wasteland with orders to shoot everyone on sight?"
>"It's complicated you wouldn't understand!"
>>
File: Legion Shitposter Comrade.jpg (9KB, 181x200px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Shitposter Comrade.jpg
9KB, 181x200px
>>377062547
>>
>>377062314
Anyone who builds an empire THAT incredibly topheavy without having some sort of successor, an actual successor, not that meathead of a field general, cannot be called right in the end, the Legion is him and he is the legion, he goes, and without a successor he molded into being a proper head of the legion, it will either outright fall apart, or if left for the Legate, grind itself into dust. This actually somewhat baffles me, Caesar should KNOW the effects of a successionless empire, even the person he models himself had an appointed successor in Augustus to AVOID this problem.
>>
>>377076589
>big town and little lamplight even being things
>Megaton is built around a bomb instead of the perfectly intact nearby supermarket
>super mutants do things for no reason, have no long term goals, and are led by nobody; exist to be an environmental hazard
>despite the rabid super mutant and raider infestations there was still apparently safe enough routes for traders to get influential enough to dictate a currency
>the stupid vampires
>lol computer just kill yourself
>hey sacrifice yourself for no reason instead of sending in a ghoul or super mutant or robot immune to radiation.
>or even a fucking slave who must do your bidding
>>
>>377077071
In my mind that's the objective of playing Legion though. You're ensuring Caesar doesn't die prematurely from his tumor so that he has time to setup a proper successor rather than having the field general take his place.
>>
>>377066884

>pic related is the only sensible person in the whole game

that's not Joshua Graham
>>
>>377077552
He's had the better part of 30 years to start grooming successors, waiting until his army is in the most tenuous and dangerous situation it will ever face is leaving it a bit late
>>
>>377077071
If you storm Caesar's camp and kill him with Boone as your companion then talk to him later, one of the dialogue options prompts him to say that NCR intelligence suggests the Legion has an entire line of succession back East. Of course, this is what the NCR think and may or may not be true.

Still, you are right in saying that Caesar should know what happens to an empire without a heir. If he really did study his namesake then he would know that he chose Augustus as his successor.
>>
File: 1434166468816.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1434166468816.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>377074626
thanks for the kek anon
>>
>>377077336
Fallout 4 is pretty bad too:
>two major settlement, the rest you have to "build"
>raiders outnumber regular people almost 200:1 so it really makes you wonder who they're actually raiding and where your settlers are coming from
>no official government aside from a negro larping as a colonial soldier who can't even be bothered to recruit people, adequately equip them, and use them to defend his territories
>Institute creates human-like slaves with free will when they could have easily just stuck with Gen 2 synths and other robots to do their bidding
>>
File: FNV_Mr_House_Screen.png (267KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_Mr_House_Screen.png
267KB, 800x500px
>2281
>not siding House
Desert-dwelling primates, all of you.
>>
>>377079752
Says the tube-dwelling primate.
Daily reminder that House is flagged as an Abomination.
>>
File: MrHouseRealHead.png (295KB, 495x479px) Image search: [Google]
MrHouseRealHead.png
295KB, 495x479px
>>377079915
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1492707392361.png (499KB, 1872x596px) Image search: [Google]
1492707392361.png
499KB, 1872x596px
>>377062314
read this
>>
>>377080462
Why? It's both wrong and stupid
>>
File: house is abomination.png (16KB, 414x200px) Image search: [Google]
house is abomination.png
16KB, 414x200px
>>377079915
>>377080002

he's right tho
>>
>>377079915
>House is an Abomination
>Nick Valentine isn't.
>Sentient Ghouls aren't
>John Henry Eden isn't

Why is House an abomination again?
>>
>>377062314
If he is right why is he so ineffective at achieving his goals without you? Why does his military might turn against him?
>>
>>377079752

I do though. He gives the Courier the best deal.
>>
>>377080865
>Best deal

But that isn't yes man.
>>
>>377080812
Because he's a dessicated body living well beyond his natural limit through the extensive use of technology. Can't really label him as Humanoid
>>
>>377074626
this tbqh
>>
>>377079752
>>377080865
This.
House is the smart man's choice, is the choice for Couriers that recognize that they don't have what it takes to command a whole city (Yes Man) but also don't want just a thanks for doing all the job (NCR).
House keeps you as his second, he's the brain and you're the muscle (and , depending on your Karma, he's even proud of you). You get all the benefits of Vegas without the stress of leadership.
>>
>>377081069
Couldn't Ghouls be argued as the same?
Yet they aren't considered abominations.

Nick is literally a synthetic human given the memories of someone who never agreed to have their memories copied nor did the synth agree to have them downloaded into him.
>>
>>377080842
>ineffective at achieving his goals
He's not? If the Courier didn't get involved at all, Caesar would be the winner in the Mojave.

Everything he asks you to do is to make sure his victory is overwhelming
>>
>>377081221
Yes and no. Ghouls are, at the very least, entirely natural. Not everyone who gets exposed to lethal radiation becomes one, so there must be some mutation that causes ghoulification over death

Maybe Feral Ghouls should be listed, since they've lost their minds and live like animals
>>
>>377081675
Tunnellers are entirely natural too, but they're abominations...
I can understand how Deathclaws, Nightstalkers, etc can be abominations - but why House and the Think Tank?

If they required some ethically dubious 'fuel' to continue their existence (lets go with the trope of requiring 'souls' or something even though that'd be out of place in FO) I could understand it - but they don't, they just using technology they devloped themselves, to keep themselves alive.

think Tank could probably be considered 'evil' for their trapping actions and experimentation - but I don't think their very existence is 'abominable'
>>
>>377082336
I think it has something to do with how they've both abandoned their humanity to exist as something else, for whatever reason.

The Think Tanks have given up their bodies entirely, while House is essentially a brain in a jar with a useless body still attached. They're still who they were, before the changes, but they've given up the existence than made them that way, deemed it expendable compared to their greater goals and stripped it away without a second thought.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.