[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is probably the most lackadaisical one I've ever played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: sixteenNine.img.jpg (122KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sixteenNine.img.jpg
122KB, 1024x576px
This game is probably the most lackadaisical one I've ever played
>>
>>377057023
I don't think there was any lack of effort - just a lack of ability. The team just had zero experience of making a AAA game, or any game for that matter, since they'd previously just put together DLC for finished games. EA also wanted things done as cheap as possible, meaning all their new hires were fresh out of college with zero experience, trying to get a foot in the door.

Having said that, it's really no worse than Cisquisition, technical issues aside.
>>
It's worst flaw is that it's so fucking boring. None of the characters are interesting, and the planets are just more DA:I fetch shit,
>>
>>377057023
>oh no we're about to die
>time for some Gearbox tier "humor"
>>
I miss the threads we had shitting on this game.
>>
>>377058812
Now that many of the technical issues and weird animations have been patched, there's not that much to make fun of. It's exactly what people said it would be - Cisquisition in space. That's not funny. It's just boring.
>>
>>377057940
It's like a crew of James Vegas.
Even the weirdest jap rpg have at least 2-3 likeable characters, but this was a first for me. I couldn't connect to anyone.
>>
>>377059352
> there's not that much to make fun of
They did not patch the writing.
And they are fucking proud of the amount of writing in the game.
>The number of lines of dialogue are more than Mass Effect 2 and 3 combined. This means that there aren’t just more people to talk to, but conversations are deeper and longer than ever.
This sentence in itself is damn funny.

There is also their technical ineptitude, from UI, to simple lack of convenience in placement to mechanical oversimplification.
But at least there is a drivy car and a jumpy jetpack.
>>
>>377061385
But the writing isn't even funny bad. It's just bad bad. There are a handful of amusing snippets like "my face is tired" to mock, but that's it. The rest is just fanfiction-tier sci-fi boilerplate, cringeworthy "hello fellow kids" dialogue and forced diversity bullshit that makes people mad, not amused. Hell, even the Tumblr crowd it's aimed at were angry about the tranny who outs themself five seconds after you meet them thanks to the horrible writing.
>>
>>377057023
>game about a group of colonists who must either find a way to terraform planets to survive or they will all 100% die
>But let's act like everybody else's life weren't on the line for it.
>>
>>377057023
Fucking right eh? I just want to fuck Vetra but I was so bored by the time I got to the plastic looking Knuckles people planet that I haven't touched it since.
>>
>>377062150
The game has no idea what it wants to be tonally. Every character (bar a few like Daddy Ryder and Drack) talks like a reject from a Joss Whedon script, quipping constantly even during battle and events which should have the characters dumbstruck in awe. Yet it also expects you to take it extremely seriously, and be emotionally invested in its plot. Please laugh at our funny dialogue, then immediately start sobbing as we force in some sentimentality.

I wouldn't mind a campy space adventure feel in concept, but you either lean into that entirely or you don't write your characters like they're a bunch of dumb teenagers playing paintball during life and death situations. It clashes horribly.
>>
I liked it a lot, and honestly I'm kinda bummed out I'll have to wait a long time for a sequel because for a studio composed almost completely by inexperienced people they did well enough. With their newly acquired experience they could bring the franchise back to glory.
>>
>>377063417
It genuinely pleases me that you're sad. Pandering to retards like you who enjoy trash like this is why video games will never evolve as a medium. I hope every game you enjoy from now on is a massive bomb. It'll be good for the industry.
>>
>>377064249
If you liked ANY of the games in the series there's absolutely no reason not to like this one. It's actually better than the first Mass Effect, which is pretty bad without nostalgia glasses.

But in the end I'm not a jaded faggot, I accept games for what they are. I don't dwell on could haves should haves. The game is entertaining and fun? I like it. Is it boring and a pain to play? I don't like it. Now I almost dropped Andromeda, the first 10-20 hours are a bore, I'll admit it, but once you get to the loyalty missions and you actually have a definite goal in the story, the game becomes much more interesting and fun.
>>
Mass Effect Andromeda is what happens when all your writers have zero influences outside of Joss Whedon TV shows and movies.
>>
File: 1479084306439.jpg (35KB, 400x579px) Image search: [Google]
1479084306439.jpg
35KB, 400x579px
>>377062507

Everyone was gawking at Suvi or whatever he orange haired cunt name was.

Vetra was the one with the orgasmic voice. That and she's cute as anything, with a great back story.

Only downfall is I imagine the blades and hard shell near her vagina would be hard to deal with doggy style, so you'd probably be restricted to making love to her in missionary. Good thing I know a lot of missionary positions.

Only good part of the game was Vetra, and her blushing to you flirting with her.

The rest felt like an MMO going back and forth from planet to planet doing shitty stupid fetch quest bullshit.
>>
>>377064815
I know this is posted a lot around here but I honestly hope you kys. That poster was 100% right about you. Your taste is garbage and ME 1 was the only title that showed promise
>>
>>377065330
ME1 was a shit RPG and a shit shooter wrapped in a great story
>>
>>377065681
I agree. And yet it still is better than 2 3 and nu-mass effect
>>
>>377064936
Sounds like Mass Effect in general.
>>
>>377065681
>a great story
It's just AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS, the fuck are you talking about.
This franchise should have died with ME1.
There's no interesting lore, the plot is boring trash, the villain is generic...
There's nothing.
It's a bunch of nothingness, a creatively bankrupt clone of Star Trek.
>>
Fallout 4 has more role playing mechanics than Mass Effect Andromeda.

Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>377066397
The only one I can think of is affecting the story, where you can choose a side in Fallout 4, but that's it.
>>
>>377064815
Fuck off, Biodrone faggot. Just because you can't tell the difference between nu-Bioware and old Bioware because you had your tongue up their ass the entire time, it doesn't mean nobody else can. You have shit taste and I'm glad your cancerous reboot flopped and killed any chance of a sequel. Feel free to neck yourself over the disappointment and do everybody a favor.
>>
>>377066506
There's none.
Bioware has always been absolute garbage and proved that they had no idea of what they were doing with Shattered Steel.
If Bioware hadn't existed, along with Bethesda, maybe the RPG genre wouldn't be a parody of it's former self.
>>
>>377066471
There were literally zero choices to make in Andromeda. It boggles my mind how Bioware thought that an RPG with zero choices with zero impact was in any way acceptable. I could at least choose to murder the entire Synth Railroad in fallout 4. But in Andromeda there's fucking nothing. Certainly no choices along the vein of Virmire or the Suicide mission.
>>
>>377066619
Not a single choice in any Bioware game has any effect.
Andromeda is the only one who, at least, is sincere about it, that they do not make RPGs, they never wanted to make RPGs, they make only generic and boring action games set in completely empty open worlds.
This garbage studio should have died two decades ago.
>>
>>377057023
fuck you for making me have to find a dictionary
>>
Gameplay was better than the past ME games
>>
>>377065330
>Promise
Why? Why is this always the argument that faggots use to defend ME1 as the best? Since when does showing promise makes a good game? You can't judge a game for what it can be but for what it is, and ME1 while still good is objectively the worst in the series. You either face this fact or adhere yourself to the valid opinion that every Mass Effect has been bad.
>>
>>377057023
The biggest problem in my opinion is you don't actually explore something for the first time because someone else beat you to half of the good stuff like first contact with the Angara

You call me pathfinder but I end up following someone else's path most of the time
>>
>>377057023
I liked it at first.
Literally never paid any news to it and no clue what I going into.
It was slow here and there, but I didn't mind wasting time running around new planets.
But then I almost finished all my planets and my sister still wasn't up.
I looked up my first thing about the game online and it turns out I said something that will leave her permanently comatose.
Dropped.
Fuck that game.
>>
>>377070612
>I looked up my first thing about the game online and it turns out I said something that will leave her permanently comatose.
You literally can't do that.
She always wakes up, the last mission relies on it.
The only difference is that if you lie to her she'll be angry at you.
>>
>>377059592
Even Buff McHuge had more personality than the cardboard cutouts in Andromeda
>>
>>377057734
This, basically. I never got a sense like I did with, say, Fallout 4 that no one gave a fuck. This is gonna sound elitist and maybe a little cruel, but it felt like an 8 year old was showing me a drawing they just did like its the next mona lisa.
>>
File: 1491954579123.jpg (38KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1491954579123.jpg
38KB, 500x418px
>>377057023
The series in general was pretty bad tbqh. I mean the weapons and armor still look super fucking autistic and repulsive. Why can't they have a normal fucking revolver handcannon and not the stupid fucking Carnifex?
>>
>>377061832
>"hello fellow kids"

?
>>
>>377057952
I make my team wear helmets all the to.e an it actually helped the scene a lot. Also choose logical or professional ALL THE TIME
Only be cute with your waifu
>>
>>377071445
I like jaal and drack. Baal is like a gay garrus. Jaal isn't gay, but he sureact like it.
Drack is a krogan grandpa. Being able to call him "old man" end game felt good. Felt like we were bonding. Bed call me green and inexperienced. If call him old and slow
>>
File: hillary.jpg (100KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
hillary.jpg
100KB, 500x285px
>>377072680
>>
File: IMG_2606.jpg (86KB, 640x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2606.jpg
86KB, 640x981px
can sombody please spoil the game for me so i dont have to finish it? ive got eos and voeld at 100% habitability and no more quests there. im slogging throug the same shit again on havarl
>>
>limited research opportunities
Who's idea was this? Whatever, I'll get the AVP thing that gives me milkyway points periodically, I mostly don't care about you're nu-alien shit anyway.

At least the Mako autism *mostly* doesn't exist. I prefer the dlc hammerhead in 2 the most tho, it was magically responsive.
>>
File: yevara.gif (2MB, 540x353px) Image search: [Google]
yevara.gif
2MB, 540x353px
>>377057734
Yeah, I think it's a shame they didn't have more back-up for such a shift in what they're used to.

I actually liked a lot of the ideas in Andromeda, they're just really rough in execution.
>>
Only drumpflords don't like this game
>>
>>377073592
I mean I don't even know what the spoiler would be. Everyone you think is evil is evil, then you kill them and you don't even do it through proper combat.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.