[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alan Wake's being taken down from stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: alan-wake.jpg (103KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alan-wake.jpg
103KB, 1920x1200px
Just read the news:
Apparently Alan Wake's being removed from ALL stores, physical and online, because some bullshit licensing issues.

Just thought I'd give people a shout, especially as it & its DLC are on big sale now. I bought the game from GOG ages ago, but I put the files to download again in case the game really is gonna be gone for good.
>>
File: Alan Wake - Max vs Min settings.jpg (2MB, 3843x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Wake - Max vs Min settings.jpg
2MB, 3843x2160px
>>377052037
bumping.
So far, this was Remedy's last good game. One of the better "Twin Peak" style titles.
>>
Does it get better after the park going to lovers peak or whatever it was? Im not exactly digging the combat and Im betting the twist is "you were a story while it's being written" so the story isn't exactly grabbing me either.
>>
>>377052894
Really depends on the person. I found the later segments more memorable than the earlier sections, and the DLC was way more entertaining.

The combat's hit or miss, but it's really not a shooter game per se.
>>
>>377052037
Always meant to pick this up so thanks anon.

It's not available to purchase on Steam anymore but keysites still have a bunch for super cheap.
>>
File: Alan Wake - Energizer batteries.jpg (283KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Wake - Energizer batteries.jpg
283KB, 1440x900px
>>377053691
wait, it's gone already?
I thought this was the last day... unless they're on European clock?
>>
>>377053854
It stopped selling Sunday night I think.
>>
File: 1490623266621.jpg (99KB, 1270x674px) Image search: [Google]
1490623266621.jpg
99KB, 1270x674px
>>377053973
huh... shit.
>>
unless you bought the collectors edition you'll never have the commentary on consoles
>>
>>377054354
who cares about the consoles? Worst versions of the game
>>
>>377052894
I hate the pacing of some levels, but episode 4 is a good one with the Farm.
>>
File: Necrovisioncover.jpg (29KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
Necrovisioncover.jpg
29KB, 250x351px
>>377052037
the DLC is short enough to be bretty goud
the main game is very repetitive and drags on too long

plays like a TV show. above average/10
>>
Played this last night.
When the wife shows Wake the typewriter and he runs out of the house screaming like a teenage girl I had to stop.

I thought this was supposed to have a good story?
>>
>>377059452
it's story's alright, but the game was stuck in a gamedev-hell for a long while.
>>
>>377052037
fuck, i saw it on sale last night and thought id get it today
are there any ways to still get it on steam?
>>
File: aaaaaaa.png (441KB, 899x599px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaa.png
441KB, 899x599px
>>377052037
I have it on inventory from the old old steam gifts.
the expansion too.

Should i install or hold it to sell ?
>>
>>377062849
no but you can buy it on a key store for like 2 dollars
>>
Meh I was going to buy it but it's already gone. Oh well, the game is fairly linear and you get 80% of it from a let's play anyway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.