[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>final boss of the entire franchise is just another Big Dude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>final boss of the entire franchise is just another Big Dude In Armor™
Bravo Fromsoft. Guess it could be worse.Could be another Bloodborne-assetflip Big Dog Flailing It's Arms™
>>
what if you took the big dude in armor and gave him a not-shit sword and made his red scarf/hood not look retarded
>>
>>377051661

big doods in armor are the best part
>>
>>377051661
Big dudes in armor literally make up almost all of the best boss fights in Souls
>>
>ywn fight a giantesse in skimpy armor
>>
>>377051661

Yeah, yeah. Cry about it some more.
>>
>>377053701
Why fight?
>>
>>377051941
my negroid
>>
File: 1462315187299.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
1462315187299.png
104KB, 243x297px
>last boss of the Dark Souls series is literally dark soul in human form
What else do you want?
>>
>>377051661
What were your expectations? Both DLCs were about this guy after all.
Don't think this is the last entry in the franchise either, Gael's story was pretty self-contained and didn't have much influence on the rest of the world.
I guarantee you that somebody will make a Dark Souls 4, just probably not FROM.
>>
>>377054647
>>377051661
Who is him? Spoil me because i only played vanilla game and wont be playing those dlc anytime soon.
>>
>>377053701
That's kinda the dancer
>>
>>377051661
He is a nobody in armor just like you.
It was am alright fight.

Could have done without the Artorias nods though.
>>
>>377055282
A literal fucking who
>>
>>377052004
>Ornstein and his bro
Smough
>Artorias
>Old Dragonslayer
>Gwyn
>Looking Glass Knight
>Ruin Sentinels
>Pontiff Sulivan
>Soul of Cinder
>Slave Knight Gael
das it mane
>>
>>377054481
To kill those faggot jew-serpents
>>
>>377055282
Slave Knight Gael. Basically one of the humans the gods used as fodder during the war with the dragons. He's survived all this time and has been hiding out with the painter girl in the painted world. The painter girl has promised she can paint an entirely new world of only she had the Dark Soul and so Gael traveled all the way to the Ringed City at the end of the world to find it.

By the time he gets there he sees that the blood of the Dark Soul has dried up long ago. There's debate whether he ate all of humanity or just the Pygmy Lords, the first generation humans, but which ever is true Gael was able to cobble together something of similar form to the Dark Soul. While it made him very powerful, it also drove him mad. In the end you give the Dark Soul to the painter girl and she promises the world she'll paint will be a cold, dark, and gentle place that'll make someone a good home. And that's the end of the series, the new painted world will be a last safe haven in the inevitable Age of Dark
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (25KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
25KB, 290x400px
>/v/ shat on DaS2 for having too many dude in armour fights
>DaS3 is about 60% dudes in armour; the two main bosses being literal whos
>"Best bosses in the franchise! Based Miyazaki does it again!"

Don't give me your "B-but /v/ isn't one person..." bullshit.

>what is general consensus
>what is /v/ being a bandwagon-humping underage shithole
>>
>>377056715
I think the problem is that the bosses in 2 shared too many moves. A closer. A wide sweep. And the tracking was too heavy. The Lost Sinner was hilariously bad in that aspect, half the time she looked like she was standing on a record player. In 3 some of those problems are still there but they're not as obvious.
>>
>>377056715
it made me realize that b-team was a meme

fromsoft are as a whole a b-team who just struck gold with demons and dark souls.
>>
>>377056715
DS2 is literal shit. DS3 is mediocre.
DS1 is still where it's at.

Alright, that's all.
>>
>>377051751
the sword is cool though because its literally an executioners greatsword that has been used for ages thus becoming a rusted piece of shit
>>
>>377057235
The only thing das did better than ds3 is world layout,
>ds3 isn't original like das
>what is des?
>>
>>377057585
Which raises the question, how far out is the final battle? Because he still has his regular Greatsword by the time you meet him at the Cathedral. But by the ashen wastes it's so busted up and rusted through that looks like it's been used for centuries
>>
>Dark Souls featuring War from DarkSiders franchise

What did Miyazaki mean by this?
>>
>>377057838
Not him but some people say that the final battle takes place at the very end of the world. Nothing remains there other than ashes, the ruins of Anor Londo and Lothric. It's still pretty weird because you can see the ruins of Lothric in the Dreag Heap but they seem to be fine by the end. Also can somebody explain what happens when you touch the orb?
>>
>>377057838
You fight him at the end of time, at the very close of the age of fire. By touching Fillanore's egg you get warped there basically, but he didn't have that luxury and actually lived until the end of time hunting each piece of dark soul.

You and him are probably the last humans alive other than a few stray pygmies at that point.
>>
>>377057235
>They're bad because I say so
>>
>>377057235
This is true, faggots that say DS3 is better started with it because their favorite Youtuber made a video on the game.
I've not once seen someone be able to go from DS3 back to DS1 and enjoy it because your shit can actually break and rolling has to be timed with weight mattering more.
>>
File: 1469589936225.jpg (42KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1469589936225.jpg
42KB, 544x499px
>>377055901
F U C K

I forgot about those fuckers and how much i want them dead
>>
>>377051661
Hey, at least they had a "yet another dragon stolen from bits of Monster Hunter with half the interesting movesets missing" as well!
>>
>>377056036
Thanks. A little dissappointing though since it doesnt really create bridges with the rest.
>>
>>377051661
>Ho ho oh you've been a naughty Ashen One
>You're getting coal for this Christmas
>Ive been on the egg nog and gym diet
>You better watch out
>>
Gael rules and people only dislike him because of his silly hat. anime inspired designs are hit or miss to the western consciousness
>>
File: 1492953543067.jpg (64KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492953543067.jpg
64KB, 349x416px
>>377053701
:feeling:

I'd rather fucc than fite though. Above that, I'd rather be them.
>>
>>377058827
And faggots that say Dark Souls is better than Demon's Souls started with it.
>>
Fuck you the fight was great.

There was never a way FROM could have ended the story in any satisfactory way anyhow.
>>
>>377058242
Well, there's also that Ringed Knight getting perma-stoned in the corner of the desert.
>>
>>377053701
Was just thinking of a boss like this the other day. She could be a dual axe wielder with a big dumb helmet
>>
>>377051661
>le big dude in armor meme
>I let mathewmatosis do my critical thinking for me

The problem with >big dude in armor bosses is that most of them in dark souls 2 had super standardized, boring movesets.
>>
File: 1487466125607.png (120KB, 460x513px) Image search: [Google]
1487466125607.png
120KB, 460x513px
>>377051661
What you make the boss, smart guy?

Unleash your fount of ideas.
>>
big guys in armor are fine if the movesets are neat and fun. Dark souls 2 problem was 90% of the guys in armor were just that, boring guys in armor
>>
>>377051661
Better than generic monster #5
>>
File: 1417352451525-0.jpg (19KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
1417352451525-0.jpg
19KB, 450x299px
>>377059271
It does actually.
In every game the Chosen Undead/Bearer of the Curse/Ashen One is a nobody. A nobody who kills again and again and overcomes all odds and becomes hideously powerful by killing everything in their path.
Slave Knight Gael is just like you. He is another person who is just a random nobody. A random nobody who killed and killed and slaughtered the Pygmies because he wanted their (dark) souls, until all that is left in the game is you and him, because the two of you killed everything in your path.
Slave Knight Gael represents the player and represents the furtive pygmy who always eluded us when we were so focused on chasing after Gwyn's legacy.
>>
Bloodborne is the best game desu.
>>
>>377056715
DS2 wasn't bad because it had too many dudes in armor.
It was bad because it was basically an abortion.
Graphical downgrades, unfinished areas, lore and worldbuilding that felt disjointed from the first game, too much focus on feeding into "hardcore difficulty" nonsense ...

You don't give a series that's highly artistic to some literally-who? like Tomohiro Shibuya was.
>>
>>377059271
She also names the new world K***ht of ****.
>>
>>377058827
DS1 is the better game by far but DS3 is still pretty great.
It feels awful going back to DS1 after 3 though because the controlls in 3 are so much more fluid and responsive.
>>
>>377063295
hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the demon souls thread is two blocks down.
>>
>>377051661
I love the flailing beast meme. Less than half the bosses in the game are beasts and the only beasts that have similar movesets are vicar amelia, paarl, and bloodstarved beast. It's nowhere near comparable to the amount of armor dudes in das 2 and 3.
>>
>>377065748
The two best bosses in the whole series are dudes in armor

Smough&Ornstein and Artorias
>>
>>377066502
I agree, I don't think it's a problem I'm just saying that implying BB has tons of identical beast bosses is retarded.
>>
>>377066502
Yes the two best bosses in Dark Souls

The actual best bosses of all games are Astraea and Orphan
>>
>>377066751
>Astrea
Cool concept, fighting her knight that literally just turtles instead of trying to actively kill you was cool but incredibly mediocre gameplay wise. I just shot her in the face with arrows from afar on my second playthrough.

>Orphan
very, very, very, very, fun fight. Might even have to agree.
>>
Guys
I bought DaS3 recently
Why the fuck are the weapons so boring
The Halberd for example, which I picked because I wanted a shieldless Quality run has LESS basic attacks than its DaS1 iteration
The fucking R1 is a single repeated poke, both 1H/2H
Every weapon's 'Art' I've used thus far has been meager as all fuck

I didn't want to be one of the people who suck Bloodborne's dick
But come on, From
>>
>>377066751
Literally embarrassed that anyone could call Garl the best fight
It's such a joke of a terrible opinion

Take off those goggles and go replay DeS
It's still good, but the bosses are by and large garbage, and Garl is one of the worst in execution
>>
>>377067427
>he thought sucking Bloodborne dick was a meme

People just decided that if they have to suck a dick, might as well be the best looking one.
>>
>>377066996
>>377067693
I didn't say Garl, Garl isn't that great. Astraea is only the best because thematically she is the most interesting and she is the only thing to make you really question what you're doing.
>>
>>377068158
you mean the best one, das2 and 3 are trash
>>
>>377068887
that's why I said "cool concept" but I assume when we're saying boss fights we mean the most fun to actually engage with.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.