[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the arcade scene. Online and console gaming just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

File: mvs-models.png (338KB, 850x450px) Image search: [Google]
mvs-models.png
338KB, 850x450px
I miss the arcade scene. Online and console gaming just can't compare, What was your favorite arcade machine, /v/?
>>
>>377048776
Time crisis 3
>>
>>377048776
Super Motherfucking Pacman
>>
OutRun2
Time crisis 3 but only if the slides on the guns work
>>
File: HotD 2.jpg (2MB, 2770x1350px) Image search: [Google]
HotD 2.jpg
2MB, 2770x1350px
The House of the Dead 2 and 4 were fucking goat when it came to light-gun games.
>>
>>377048776
oldfag here. when mk1 came out the hype was amazing. there were only rumors and fidonet to talk about it. we couldn't believe that a game would have 'graphic' fatalities.

not that playing the game was actually fun.
>>
My college used to have a nice assortment of fighting game arcade cabs. I believe there was 3rd strike, MVC2, CVS2, and SF Alpha 3. Of all of those, my favourite was the MVC2 cab (CVS2 in 2nd place). I actually met a very good friend of mine playing at those cabs.
>>
I just liked walking into the local arcade every once in a while and seeing a new game that looks way different then traditional arcade cabinets.
>>
>Good luck...you'll need it
>>
>>377048776
Young Britbong here (18) Growing up there were pretty much zero fucking arcades anywhere except the coast, and the only cabinets those arcades had were light-gun games. I have seen a Mario Kart GP cab near where I live so that's something. Played a Japanese Time Crisis 2 arcade cabinet in a hotel in Spain which was pretty neat.
>>
>>377048776
I always loved robotron. Classic.
>>
>>377048776
Almost any of the Metal Slug games.
>>
now that the dust has settled, who were the king of arcades and why was it SEGA?
>>
File: von400.jpg (47KB, 363x400px) Image search: [Google]
von400.jpg
47KB, 363x400px
>>377048776
>live in buttfucknowhere, TX
>only arcades in town were your garden variety Chuck E. Cheese and Putt Putt
BUT THEN
>bowling alley arcade for some reason had
>MVS 4 with KoF and Metal Slug 3
>Daytona USA
>Cyber Troopers Virtual-On
>Marvel Vs. Capcom
>Time Crisis and House of the Dead 2

I know, not your personal blog, but after the bowling alley changed hands, the new owner remodeled and most of the games were sold off and V-On ended up in pieces in the dumpster outside. It pisses me off to this day.
>>
daytona usa and outrun 2 are both excellent
>>
in seattle there is is still an arcade around. It is obviously making money because it guzzled my 40$ in quarters. Also allows liqueur in there. I think they call them barcades
>>
>>377048956
>Pacman

Pacman is pleb shit compared to the god tier game that is Mrs Pac Man.
>>
File: dynamitecop.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dynamitecop.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>377048776
GOAT arcade game reporting in
>>
File: 1483670989916.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1483670989916.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>377053135
>He prefers Mrs. Pacman
>>
File: img_2699.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
img_2699.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>377050593
They certainly had some of the best cabinets of all time. Shame my six year old brain gravitate more towards generic beat-em up, Neo Geo or fightan game cabinats
>>
File: superhangonproto2.jpg (83KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
superhangonproto2.jpg
83KB, 600x451px
>>377051208
Fuck shit man, that's retarded.

You should have asked the owner when the switch was happening if you could have made a bid on a cabinet or two, usually "turnkey business" owners don't know shit about what those are worth.

I've got pic related in my garage not working for $40 in a similar situation
>>
>>377053037

We have one of those in Memphis, TN as well. Most of the games don't take quarters and can be played for free - everything except the double sized fighting game machines and shit like air hockey. Plus they got old home consoles at either end of the bar - it was a ps1 with CTR and a Genesis with sonic the last time I was there. There was a dude that was totally smashed sitting in front the Genesis, he looked like he was ready to barf.
>>
Been a huge pinball fan for years and recently got back into the scene. Luckily it seems to have seen a bit of a resurgence, probably because the current devs also cater to home markets nowadays. Currently saving up my money so my wife and I can get a Hobbit table next year.
>>
>>377048776
>no candy cabs

those all suck

Candy Cabs are the best because you can stand or sit at them screen is huge too
>>
Soul Calibur 2 muhfuggah
>>
>>377048956
>>377053135
>>377053639
>Children argue over babby's first Namco game while I hold the high score in Mappy
Call me when your tastes evolve.
>>
File: 1490775592930.jpg (23KB, 498x344px) Image search: [Google]
1490775592930.jpg
23KB, 498x344px
>>377048776

Fuck, I haven't stepped into an arcade in many, many years. I played whatever was available locally (mainly Capcom and SNK cabs) but a nearby city had so much more. Virtual On was definitely my favorite to jump on when I first found it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.