[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW - Beta Content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: front.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
anyone else here big into beta/cut content? I am and I'm pretty disappointed with how little seems to be in BOTW.

I'll dump the only interesting things I've come across.

As for the delay, it seems it was to add the physics system. The game seemed to have a few years where nothing much got done from 2012-2014, so I was hoping for loads of unused stuff.
>>
File: botwsword.png (459KB, 830x468px) Image search: [Google]
botwsword.png
459KB, 830x468px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54vafqL6Pw

Looks like there was a way for the mastersword to return to the forest when dropped, or amaged or some other reason. It's definitely an intentional feature, however, in its current state it can't actually be retrieved from the forest afterwards
>>
>>377046471

Nintendo once considered the idea of including fun into the game, but this was cut due to time constraints.
>>
File: photo.png (206KB, 420x242px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
206KB, 420x242px
Unused pic

>The \UI\Album folder contains the memory location images taken by Zelda.
>It has one peculiar unused image.
>Link is seen doing a pose next to Zelda in what seems like other past memories
>however, he is wearing the "Hero of the Wild" hat and tunic rather than the Champion's Tunic.
>The length of the sleeve and design on the cufflink were revised for the finished game

https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Breath_of_the_Wild_(Wii_U)
>>
File: outofbounds.png (461KB, 804x460px) Image search: [Google]
outofbounds.png
461KB, 804x460px
If you travel north of hyrule using some moonjump+speed hacks you can access
a huge area that is unfinished or for some reason unused. It contains markers on the ground
as if the area was planned out (including a version of Zora's domain and at least two
labyrinths). This perhaps gives insight into how they used map markers on the land itself
as a guide or outline as they were building the world.

The land here extends far beyond what you can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SaVsP4OQQ
>>
>>377046471
It wasn't adding the physics system, it was refining it. They talked about it in an interview, tuning the physics took ages because they had to make sure none of the hundreds of puzzles depended on the physics weren't breaking. And every time they changed something, it would break at least one puzzle.
>>
File: hateno.png (175KB, 362x224px) Image search: [Google]
hateno.png
175KB, 362x224px
I believe the area you see in action here is the area just before Hateno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM

The section in pic related I believe is where the Hateno sheikah tower ended up. You can see them coming up from the dip in the terrain during the video and it matches that area really well IMO
>>
There was suppose to be multiplayer in BoTW
>>
>>377046794
Yeah, that makes sense, I was just hoping for something like the great cut content you see in OOT and TP, and the rumors of what WW was going to have (a real quest down in sunken hyrule)
>>
so you are mad thay they didn't cut content?
>>
>>377046667
This is clearly saying Naruto all over it.

Even Zelda is doing that shit that he does while holding his blueball attack.
>>
>>377047105
I think it's more how little is revealed. It's just cool to see, sometimes.
>>
>>377046975
No, that was just a series convention that they were considering doing away with, the concept of a non-singleplayer zelda came up among other things. Triforce Heroes was obviously the product of that thinking.
>>
File: 1492896061661.gif (408KB, 383x322px) Image search: [Google]
1492896061661.gif
408KB, 383x322px
>>377047105
>>377047220

Yeah it's about getting insight into the process, and thinking about the alternate paths development could have taken/choices made, etc.

It's fun and can hint at the bigger picture or lofty dreams they had during dev.
>>
>>377046767
Looks like remnants of a 3d map similar to the map system in test drive and midnight club. Most likely they quickly ran into issues with it and decides to use a 2d map in the final game while it was still exclusive to the wii-u to keep performance up.
>>
File: betapainting.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
betapainting.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>
File: bomber.png (66KB, 187x203px) Image search: [Google]
bomber.png
66KB, 187x203px
>>377047682
Damn, I think you nailed that one anon.
>>
>>377047403
BOTW seems like one of those one in a million instances where the development team accomplished pretty much everything they set out to do.
>>
Mission 51
>>
>>377046650
reddit cuck spotted
>>
>>377046767
DLC incoming
>>
>>377046568
this was probably cut since going back to the deku tree everytime it broke would get tedious
>>
>>377049458
It isn't anything to do with DLC, this is mostly showing features from the existing map. It is >>377047682 or something like parallel universes in Mario 64 where the normal terrain is being repeated if you go too far out from the actual map.
>>
>>377049853
Actually theres new dlc coming with a new dungeon. This holiday season.
>>
>>377050267
I'm fully aware, doesn't mean this giant mass of unused terrain has anything to do with it.
>>
>>377050321
There's still one more dlc coming. Maybe.

Even then the secomd dlc promises a new adventure.
>>
>>377046856
There's a video showing this already.
>>
>>377046856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9zRRGonwQo
>>
>>377046471
FFXV general?
>>
>>377046471
>The game seemed to have a few years where nothing much got done from 2012-2014
It didn't even start development until January 2014 according to the dev diaries.
>>
>>377046767
If I had to guess, I'd say they made the map on a much larger scale before condensing it to match Link's movement options, which would explain ZD there.
>>
File: 1452210822345.jpg (46KB, 241x316px) Image search: [Google]
1452210822345.jpg
46KB, 241x316px
https://tcrf.net/Mario_%26_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga/Regional_Differences

ok not truly beta content, but M&L Superstar Saga had a good handful of differences between the Japanese and Global releases despite being released only 11 days apart

im guessing the original developers sent a version to localization branches to be translated, but they saw time permitting to optimize the game further?
>>
>>377051978
You don't have a link, do you?

That sounds atrocious considering aonuma said they started 6 months after the end of SS.
>>
>>377052243
>You don't have a link, do you?
The dev diaries on Youtube they released around the Switch's launch has a dev state they begun early 2014 once the open world concept was set
>That sounds atrocious considering aonuma said they started 6 months after the end of SS.
Did he say they started looking at concepts and shit? I remember the comment you're talking about and the dev diaries point to that being the concept stage (What makes Zelda Zelda) or some shit
>>
>>377052437
>Nintendo thought they could make an open world Zelda in a year and a half

What are they, Ubisoft?
>>
>>377052725
Hey, at least they didn't release it in an unfinished state like Ubisoft.
>>
>>377052892
Well at least they patched it to run better. Can't argue with that.
>>
>>377047117

It's called a rasengan, you baka
>>
>>377046667
DLC campaign?
>>
>>377049780
Wish they'd though of that more often.
>>
Can you do funny things with BOTW hacks on Wii U?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-RboH5S1PY
>>
>>377048121
No I think the reality is that the game was incredibly rushed and they didn't have time to screw around so whatever they managed to accomplish was released. You can see this really evidently in the cooking system which is really fleshed out in that you can cook many different dishes... which do nothing, because the stats are based on a fixed formula that doesn't ever change the value of the used ingredients. Given how useless things like cakes and stews are I'd call cooking as a whole borderline unfinished, especially considering they never bothered to balance hearty items.
>>
Wait I just realized

They fucking scrapped the mana bar again
>>
>>377054047
Likely because of the free form way that runes work

>Chilling in a dungeon
>Go to solve a puzzle using Magnesis
>Oh wait no you've not got enough magic
>Hope you bought a green potion, goy
>>
>>377046667
Woulda been cool if this was before Link became a champion.
>>
>>377054047
So?
Shit was barely used. Like, ever. In any game.
>>
>>377046667
>My boyfriend knows juijitsu and he's gonna kick your ass so don't even think about messing with me bitch
>>
>>377054672
True. It was a cumbersome mess in Majora's Mask, which is where it seen most of it's use.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.