[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

traveling with a PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm going to be traveling out of country this summer for about a month and want to take my PC with me. Has anybody here traveled with a computer before?
I understand that big CPU coolers are an issue, but is there any real risk in flying with my PC? Case is pic related.
>>
It's not worth the hassle dude. Can't you live without your pc for one month?
>>
>>377045537
I can, I just intend on buying some stuff for it while over there and it seems easier to take the pc with me and then come home with a new smaller case and GPU installed versus having to pay customs for the case and GPU inside retail packaging.
tl;dr i wanna dodge taxes
>>
>>377045814
Well if you absolutely must, then I would at least take my pc apart. If you've ever seen how airport staff handles your luggage I think you understand that your pc won't survive that.
Also it's bigger than usual luggage so I think you have to pay more too.
>>
It ain't worth it.

Just get a semi-cheap laptop and remote to your desktop if you want to play games while traveling. It was already hell enough for me trying to drive cross-country with my desktop in my car, and I treat that thing with respect. Flying with a desktop would just be an exercise in frustration and probably broken parts, not to mention the cost of transporting all the extra stuff like monitors would probably jack up the costs beyond whatever you'd save on taxes.
>>
any money you have saved on upgrades will be irrelevant when you have to pay to replace the whole smashed thing
>>
Well fuck that, thanks for saving me from a smashed computer guys.
>>
>pc cucks are so autistic they have to drag their "battle station" with them everywhere
>>
>>377045378
Just get a laptop friendo. You might lose your PC or it might get stolen.
>>
>>377046664
Just go back to your consolewar thread kid
>>
>>377046664
i honestly do miss having a device that i could take places and not worry about the heatsink breaking and fucking up the motherboard
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.