[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to the The Arkh Project?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: arkhflyer-color.jpg (314KB, 630x839px) Image search: [Google]
arkhflyer-color.jpg
314KB, 630x839px
What ever happened to the The Arkh Project?
>>
>>377043480
women, trannies and minorities can't do anything. now you know why they complain and want white men to do everything.
>>
Is that a man on the left?
>>
>>377043480
I love how it reads like satire.
>>
I wonder how the backers felt about it.
>>
>>377043480
Took the money and run
>>
>>377045068
People who backed the project reportedly did not receive their rewards. Plans for the game were apparently cancelled. It was widely believed to have been a scam, though the creator refuted that claim. The creator also later said that Arkh was never made into a game because it was never meant to be a game, just an exercise in character development and concept art. The Arkh Project tumblr page begs to differ.
>>
>>377045217
She's done this before. When people tried to warn the backers, they got drowned out. So it because a lesson in letting people bump their heads.
>>
>>377044725
They're meant to be lesbian Zutara.
>>
>>377045307
became*
>>
>>377045068
Pretty much this.
>tumblr and twitter haven't been updated since 2014
>facebook hasn't been updated since 2013
The last I've heard is that they got into some legitimate trouble with the law because they flat out refused to hire white people (i.e. kind of a no-no, since you're not supposed to discriminate based on race ), then relented and said, "Fine, we'll let them work on our game, but only as unpaid 'volunteers'."
>>
>>377045068
>>377045217
I can't feel bad about retards getting robbed. I can still think the thief is a cunt. This equals out to a resounding "eh."
>>
http://cliqist.com/2016/02/29/controversial-developer-behind-arkh-project-returns-crowdfunding/
>>
>>377045475
There's nothing wrong with wanting more diversity in games, I can understand why it's nice to play a character similar to yourself, though I half agree with you.

Unless it's an actual studio there is no reason to actually give these people money, they would get the game made the way a lot of other indie games get made.

I back games like that set reasonable goals, thats why divos and shadowrun are such good games, Divos overachieved, and Shadowrun gave exactly what was promised, it didn't break any great ground, but it was was solid.
>>
>>377045761
>There's nothing wrong with wanting more diversity in games
go back to neogaf you fucking faggot
>>
>>377045909
Defend your position faggot. If it's well done, what is the problem with it?
>>
>>377044857
They probably blamed the patriarchy then got triggered by something else.

It's not like that crowd is not used to giving money to scam artists. Remember, no refunds
>>
>>377045761
The problem is people threw money at a literal unknown entity that went "I promise I can do this. Okay money now!" with concept art as the whole pillar of this promise.

I personally backed both DivOS and Shadowrun Returns, along with their sequel projects because I could see a talent there, there was also a clear portfolio of proof that they could do what they're claiming. Even then that was a risk, and if they fucked up, I'd be okay with people calling me stupid for backing them based of faith and confirmation bias.
>>
>>377046159
>The problem is people threw money at a literal unknown entity that went "I promise I can do this.
Which kills me because she had a previous track record of not finishing projects.
>>
>>377045761
>There's nothing wrong with wanting more diversity in games
Unless its forced down other people throats or is something devs think would make their games great.
>HAVE YOU SEEN OUR GAME? IT HAS PEOPLE WITH BROWN SKIN!
>DO YOU LIKE IT KNOW? PLEASE BUY IT OUR WE WILL CALL YOU A RACIST
>>
>>377046417
Pretty much, so backers were in either one of two camps, the ones that backed it because a stranger said they would make a diverse RPG, and the word diverse sold them on it's own. The other option was they did their research and backed a known scammer or at BEST flake and doubled down because they loved the idea of diversity so much they saw the risk as worth it.

Either way they're retarded.
>>
It still ended up being more amusing than the Double Fine Adventure.
>>
>>377046062
The problem is when it's done for the wrong reasons. Just shoving in gay or brown people in your game just to pander to people who won't buy your game anyway is fucking stupid. Just look at the new mass effect for why not to do this.

Diversity for the sake of diversity is stupid and almost always ends up in a shitty game.
>>
File: Arkh.png (508KB, 1343x3521px) Image search: [Google]
Arkh.png
508KB, 1343x3521px
>>
>>377046850
Yep. And as far as I know, Riley is back at it again. But it looks like people have gotten a bit smarter about it and call her out when they find her new "project".
>>
>>377043480
the leave dev has another game crowdfunding thing going, on some charity site now
>>
File: 1491195259337.jpg (59KB, 454x526px) Image search: [Google]
1491195259337.jpg
59KB, 454x526px
>>377043480
This is weak shit. Feminists need to step up their game
>>
>>377043480
creator was a legbeard that lived off all the money she raised.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.