[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: XykUy78.png (636KB, 2846x3477px) Image search: [Google]
XykUy78.png
636KB, 2846x3477px
What went wrong?
>>
Fuckheads expecting a game of this scale to take only 3 years and a few dollars to make.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>377040643
>a few dollars
>>
sometimes the reason that no one has ever done something before is because it isn't possible
>>
File: 1494636892829.png (95KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1494636892829.png
95KB, 520x390px
>>377040643
>few dollars
They have enough extra money to by $400,000 espresso machines you clod!
>>
Too ambitious.
>>
Scope creep
>>
>>377040953
um actually that coffee machine was given to CIG for free because the manufacturer thought that being associated with such a prestigious project would be really good advertising

(a citizen actually told me this, no shit)
>>
They seem to be laundering millions quite efficiently, so I'd say nothing.
>>
>>377041442
come on, i'm sure they have over a dozen shell companies for completely legitimate reasons
>>
File: 1473709816866.jpg (82KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1473709816866.jpg
82KB, 750x738px
>>377041121
Oh I believe they DID tell you that.

And that is part of the reason this shit red flags people so fucking hard.
It stinks of a cult or religion. They LITERALLY have faith in a video game, and will justify everything for their "god/leader".

I can't be the only one that gets legit creeped out by the "Star Citizens", can I?
>>
File: delusion.png (82KB, 1432x569px) Image search: [Google]
delusion.png
82KB, 1432x569px
>>377041827
>>
I don't get it.
Even if you want to live like a king a mansion, a yacht and some coke and whores cannot possibly be more than a few millions. He has no excuse not to make the damn game, it's not like he needs to run with the money at this point considering all he's made.
>>
>>377042085
Evidence suggests that they are making the game, they're just really bad at it.
>>
No mans sky 2.0
>>
>>377040496
Crowdfunding.
>>
Chris Roberts /thread

>>377040643
Get a refund you actual fucking moron. Stop preordering games while you're at it
>>
>>377042014
Hahaha people had this level of delusion about Numale's Sky as well
>>
>>377041827
i don't get creeped out by them but they sure are fucked-up people

as CIG flies more and more red flags, they drive off more and more sane people, until only the real fanatics are left. it's like a distillery for internet lunacy
>>
>>377040496
Did something happen? I stopped following this actively a few months ago.
>>
>>377042902
its on indefinite hiatus
>>
>>377043353
well, they're still "working" on it, so it's not a hiatus, but they've stopped even pretending to have a release date
>>
>>377043353
sauce?
>>
>>377043353
>>377043462
>>377043481
Kek, Well good to see that my doubts were not unfounded. People like this ruined early access for me already.
>>
File: hijabi-muslimah-anime-student.jpg (496KB, 826x769px) Image search: [Google]
hijabi-muslimah-anime-student.jpg
496KB, 826x769px
>What went wrong?

Fucking artists and visionaries is what fucking went wrong. This is a problem inherent in kickstarter, it lets every would-be fucking artist try to crap out something without a strong executive hand to guide them, and websites from The Escapist to Kotaku keep pushing the "Vidya is art XDDDD" meme as hard as fucking possible and "le evil activision, le evil EA" shit too.
The fact is every fucking "visionary" has no fucking clue how to produce shit, and if you just give them a wad of cash they go fucking schizo trying to make their "magnum opus" while almost always under delivering, if they deliver at all.
>Sauce: am a business student, had to "partner" with liberal arts majors and "visionaries" for projects all the fucking time
>Project 1: have to come up with an idea for a product for this one presentation
>"Artist" of the group spends an hour explaining this app he had in mind that seems to do every fucking thing an app possibly can
>We have to shoot it down 'cause it's untenable.
>Project 2: Have to help out this small business
>Business owner is the real "visionary" type
>"Oh no, I don't want to pay for a social media manager, my wife handles that. Social media is too 'soulless' anon"
>"What's that? Demographics? Segmentation? Lol if customers have a problem they can just come to me!"
>"How do I plan to grow my restaurant? With good food Anon!"
>Project numero 3
>Get some ads commissioned to grow a campus club
>We settle on the environmental club
>Go to the liberal arts department, give a bunch of fucking artists free reign to make posters
>The least shit of the bunch is a picture of the earth with a gun to it and the words "FUCK CAPITALI$M" scrawled below it.
Sure, business and marketing can be too fucking derivative from time to time, with big producers you'll get CoD shat out every fucking year, but at the very least you don't have to wait a decade for a game that just comes out to be a schizo mess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANN8E-vd13U

the reason progress is so slow is that chris roberts is a perfectionist, so he won't release all the amazing new upcoming features he's promised until they're perfect
>>
It's never coming out. Ever. The money will server to keep a few people making 10k a day half-assedly working on illusionware.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.