[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain how literally who managed to make a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 01_cairoc_screenshot_redout_01.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01_cairoc_screenshot_redout_01.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
can someone explain how literally who managed to make a good ag racer without kickstarter shit, while devs of formula fusion (that includes some of the original wipeout staff) are still struggling and the game is stuck in EA?
>inb4 shill
>>
File: AYA Blaze.webm (3MB, 1844x990px) Image search: [Google]
AYA Blaze.webm
3MB, 1844x990px
good management
>>
>>377040089
how did they get funds? why can't everyone make games like that?
>>
File: po4awkrksg.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
po4awkrksg.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>It's a game inspired by F-Zero!
>actually inspired by Wipeout
>It's inspired by Outrun 2!
>actually inspired by Burnout
>Inspired by Daytona USA!
>becomes vaporware thanks to Nicalis
Fucking tired of this shit.
>>
File: .gif (2MB, 405x221px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
2MB, 405x221px
>>377041852
>becomes vaporware thanks to Nicalis
it looked great tho, still does
>>
>>377042091
It looked like one of the best arcade racers in the last 15 years, maybe not up to par with Outrun 2 or Daytona but still really fucking good.
>>
My only complaint is how it is just faster to touch walls instead of touching brake. Not really a problem until you use tier 4 ships. Literally nobody brakes in this game unless they somehow managed to break their ship hull.
>>
>>377042224
at least we'll still get Drift Stage and Racing Apex r-right
>>
how much neon is in the game?
>>
>>377042613
not much, but it's really colorful
>>
File: 1457553858944.jpg (93KB, 627x654px) Image search: [Google]
1457553858944.jpg
93KB, 627x654px
what kind of pick-ups or abilities are in the game?

I remember playing it some time ago but finding boosters only, no weapons.
>>
>>377042602
Drift Stage was the game I was talking about that says inspired by Outrun 2 but is actually inspired by Burnout. It's not bad if you like that type of game, but as an arcade racer it feels like shit.
>>
>>377041852
>It's a game inspired by F-Zero!
>actually inspired by Wipeout

What's up with that anyway? It's not as if Wipeout is unpopular, people wouldn't be driven away if they said it was inspired by it or anything.
>>
>>377039929
Because Redout isn't that great as with Fast Racing Neo/RMX. Formula Fusion has ""ex-devs"" from Wipeout aka literal fucking whos working on maybe 1-2 Wipeout games at most doing who knows what, which by the way FF sucks too, the worst one in fact. I hate that Sony is rehashing Wipeout HD yet again but the reality is Omega Collection is the most exciting thing out of all of these post-Wipeout games. Project Grip, if you count not anti-gravity.
>>
>>377039929
What game is this?
>>
>>377044135
Redout
>>377044041
GRIP is ea too
i doubt it'll get the polish it needs
>>
>>377041852
Fast Racing is hilarious, F-Zero fans shit on it because they say it's actually a Wipeout clone, but Wipeout fans shit on it because they say it's actually a F-Zero clone. Nobody can agree on which one it's copying and nobody likes it.
>>
>have the F-Zero X guitar arrangement playing because reasons
>stumble upon thread
>open >>377040089 webm
>mfw
I FUCKING NEED THIS
>>
>>377044261
I feel like the only people who say it isn't a Wipeout clone are Wipeout fans. It's obvious that the game takes heavily from Wipeout but Wipeout fans argue over details being incorrect this it's not a clone. There's almost nothing it takes from F-Zero but the car designs and handling as well as weapon powerups and track design are all super fucking close to Wipeout, and the things that it does different from Wipeout are new things not F-Zero things. It doesn't have gravity tracks, there's no ramps, aerial movement is super floaty, there's no actual momentum/friction like F-Zero does, it's nothing like it.
>>
>>377044261
In reality it's neither, there's no risk/reward system in it to make races exciting. F-Zero has shared boost/shield gauage and usually very sparse recharge strips, later Wipeouts have a balance to sttrike between using powerups, absorbing them to stay safer or barrell rolling your way to victory, and RMX has nothing. Except Hero Mode, but there you can glue the boost button shut and you neither run out of energy nor get caught by AI. Neo was better at that, but its physics are so much worse.

Also see: less complexity. F-Zero X and GX are both unwinnable unless you learn to do a lot of things with acronyms, and you have to have at least some familiarity with tracks. Wipeout is slightly lighter on advanced techs, but its controls are more complex, aerobrakes and pitch while grounded are added up to same side shifts as in F-Zero; learning tracks is even more crucial, in F-Zero you'll be able to at least navigate a track on your first try, if slowly; try doing a blind race on Sebenco Climb, and you'll get stuck on a wall on third corner- which, if you are really good, you can also barrell roll off if you do things right. FAST's only claims to fame are lame phase shifts, fairly lame wobbling and rationing your boosts to not have any by the end of the race.

In the end, both F-Zero guys and WipEout guys think the other game is shallower than their own, so they compare FAST to it. FAST is, in the end, a shallow F-Zero imitation mechanically. It's nice on its own, esp for 20 bucks, but comparing it to 10-year old HD Fury or 15-year old GX is... Unfavourable to it.
>>
File: 052406_computer_smash.gif (34KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
052406_computer_smash.gif
34KB, 250x195px
>>377039929
>"oh wow its like F-Zero"
>is actually a full blown PS1 Wipeout clone
fuck nintendo babies
>>
>>377046012
It definitely isn't a WipEout clone, unless we're talking Wipeout Fusion. Wipeout feels like hyper-advanced boat racing, floaty and disconnected, while F-Zero and FAST are flat on the floor, and turns aren't like "I'll yaw and the motor will push me", it feels more like the turning mechanism itself pulls you into the corner. FZ has balanced and/or oversteery ships (depending on speed and ship), though, while Fast's ships mostly understeer like Wipeout ships do if you don't use airbrakes.
>>
>>377048401
I'm not saying WipEout isn't good, by the way, look up jet boat racing to see what I mean.
>>
>>377046012
I don't know, those strips sure remind me of F-Zero...
>>
File: 1454305096586.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1454305096586.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
>>377046892
Ah yes, a rational post in a FAST/F-Zero/Wipeout shit fling.
>>
>>377046012
>>377048401
Also to add to this, F-Zero and FAST can be described as 2-speed games- speed 1 is comfy cruise, speed 2 is way too fast, your job is to stay in gear 2 as long as you can. RMX kinda falls flat there because you lose speed immediately after stopping boosting, but still, prerequisites are there. In Wipeout you have one speed, and that speed is "way too fast for a track this tight". Your job is to not choke that speed in corners.
Tldr: FZ and FAST are "go faster", Wipeout is "don't lose speed".
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.