[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the 3DS getting more games than the Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3796.jpg (179KB, 1024x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3796.jpg
179KB, 1024x471px
>>
Ubisoft
>>
>>377031217
"games"
>>
Because those games have already been in development for a long time and the 3DS has a massive install base

The PS2 was still getting games well into the PS3's lifespan
>>
>>377031361
Not a single Ubisoft game coming to 3DS.
>>
File: 1447300615748.png (78KB, 529x516px) Image search: [Google]
1447300615748.png
78KB, 529x516px
Just wait, they'll announce Monster Eggs HD for Switch with the rest of the Fated Five included!
>>
Maybe they don't want to make the same mistake they did during the passage between Wii and WiiU when they completely dropped the ball despite the massive userbase of Wii
>>
Just imagine the butthurt when the new pokemon game is for 3DS.
>>
>>377032283
it would be the biggest pr nightmare nintendo would ever face.
>>
>>377032559
Not really, remember B/W 2? It's standard practice.
>>
File: CzexLTcUQAE4LLn.jpg large.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CzexLTcUQAE4LLn.jpg large.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>377032283
I'm ready for more Lillie's adventures
>>
>>377031217
Games don't just spawn into existence. All of these were likely already in production before the switch came out.
You will still see new games and new projects for the 3ds for sure, but they'll become increasingly rare. It happens with every cycle. PS2 was getting games when the PS3 had already been out for a while, same with the PS3/PS4 cycle.
>>
I still think that porting some 3ds games to the wiiu woulda saved it. Worked out well enough to inflate ps4 while killing the Vita, don't see how trimming some of the fat off the 3ds to give to your starving child would have hurt like a year or two ago.
>>
>>377032283
SM barely work on the 3ds. Maybe they will make some sort of third version but 3ds is definitely not getting a new gen.
>>
>>377031217
Because it's easy/cheap to develop for and has a large install base. Nintendo better hope it's easy to port stuff over to their new console otherwise 3rd party support will be non existent.

They could even get last gen titles and having them handheld would convince people to buy a switch if you have enough of them at the right price.
>>
File: IMG_3755.jpg (17KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3755.jpg
17KB, 270x187px
>>377033402
>This level of delusion.
>>
>>377031217
It's not
>>
>>377032283
Given B/W2 was released on DS I think Pokemon fans expect it. TPC will dive in when the install base is over 9mil like they did with the 3DS
>>
>>377031217
Because I still play my 3DS and refuse to purchase a Switch after getting a Wii U.
I got BotW on Wii U as well.
I'll be dropping Nintendo after the 3DS is dropped.
>>
>>377031217
how come dragon quest has to be a special snowflake

be straight like all the other boxes
>>
>>377035636
Mate DSJ isn't even a box, it's not the only odd one out here
>>
>>377031217
Because the games were in development before the Switch came out.
>>
>>377031217
Three of those are already out in Japan with two being out since last year.
Another three were announced last year with footage shown.
The last two are just enhanced DS ports.
>>
>Switch gets Pikmin 5, SMT 5, DQ XI, new FE, most likely MH5
>"Hey guys look how great 3DS is for getting these spin offs and remakes"

3DS is dead in 2018. 2017 is its last year.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.