[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do people think of Shadowrun? Just finished Returns and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

What do people think of Shadowrun? Just finished Returns and I finished Hong Kong earlier this week. Decided to save Dragonfall for last since I've heard great things.
>>
>>377030545
Good bunch of games. Returns gets a lot of flak from a lot of people, but it's really not too bad considering it's the first of them released. If it really was as bad as the flak it's getting we wouldn't even get Dragonfall or Hong Kong. That said, it's still the worst of the three games, and most of the glaring flaws in the gameplay were fixed by Dragonfall and Hong Kong, and the story was still rather mediocre at best.
>>
HK was my favorite. I hope they keep making these but I'm wary about them going 3D
>>
>>377031198
Yeah I definitely preferred HK in every way. The lack of real companions is what got me the most
>>
>>377031198
Returns was ridiculously linear, UI was designed for a tablet and story went full 180 from pretty engaging murder mystery to KILLER BUGS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION LOL. I'm glad the devs massively improved on the formula but as it is, Returns just is not a very fun game. At least it's short.
>>
I wasn't a fan of the combat, but Dragonfall and Hong Kong still managed to keep me hooked all the way to the end.
>>
Dragonfall is the one I would recommend people to play, then the others only if the person really liked it.
>>
>>377030545

babby's first (and second and third) crpg: the series

shit combat, hallway level design and text dump dialogue with choices that only change how much cash you get at the end of a mission

especially funny since people act like DF was a huge improvement over the first one even though it just adds waifus and not much else
>>
>>377031378
HK was terrible to me.

I know its going to sound dumb, but it had too much fucking text, i couldnt stand it.

And before anyone jumps to my throat, i fucking love Planescape and BG and loved Dragonfall.

But HK had so much fucking filler text about unnecessary stuff in the hub and other areas that i just couldnt kept going and i completely stopped.
>>
>>377031579
Oh yeah, not disagreeing with that. Game itself was a 6/10 at best, but at least it was mercifully short and not unplayable for what value it had. Not worth the full price by any means if you ask me, but may be worth considering if it's on sale and desperate for a CRPG that's at least not bad enough to claw your eyes out.
>>
>>377032727
That's a fair point. I'm just used to reading dense technobabble from Gibson novels so it didn't bother me as much
>>
File: 1438497391773.jpg (193KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1438497391773.jpg
193KB, 550x550px
>>377030545
>ending of HK
>you can get infinity luck by killing your shit companions

I kinda felt bad for the russian guy and the zombie, but whatever
>>
UI is ugly.
Everything else is great.
>>
>love all the companions in hk
>friend plays it and hates duncan

How can someone hate your brother and only family?
>>
>>377033740
Does your friend have a brother?
>>
>>377033473
Nah, fag. After Apex fucked my character over in Dragonfall, I played this shit by the fucking book.
>>
I have it Android. Why the fuck are the slowdowns so atrocious
>>
>>377034097
Yeah, he said Duncan was too whiny and a bitch for wanting to go back home. It's Sweet all over again.
>>
>>377033740
I liked all of them. But at the end of the Extended Edition campaign I was sick of Duncan in truth
>>
>>377030545
Well, I like the half that's covered in text and a pretty image. Sadly the graphics are so-so and the combat in the base game is not very good.
Dragonfall and Hong Kong each improve on that though, so whatever.
Ultimately I like the games. I just wish they would've looked like Satelite Reign or something.

Oh, also the Music is great in Hong Kong, good in Dragonfall and ok in Returns.
>>
>>377032428
I despise you and your stupid opinions.
>>
>>377034182
Apex did nothing wrong.
>>
I have a spare HK key if anybody hasn't played it yet
>>
Yeah, Returns was when they didn't know if they wanted to make a real game or a tablet game. Since Shadowrun didn't print monies like clash of candy crush they wisely decided to fuck out of that "market" and focus on making it a better RPG.

Shame they've shelved it for the time being, but their Not-Robotic ripoff IP they trademarked back in the late 80s or whatever might be okay. Plus I think they're finally graduating from the Unity Engine and using something with better performance.
>>
>>377032727
You're right, you are clearly too stupid for crpg's. Sorry you had to read in an rpg.
>>
>>377034357
He is making a good point, doesn't he?

I agree but I do not dislike the character.

And then as for the feelings of my character, it all depends on what I roleplay as.
>>
HK is mostly just a retread of Dragonfall so you probably shouldnt have played it first
>>
>>377034380
Yeah, I wished I could have told Duncan off or at least tried to convince him to enjoy his new life.

>>377034674
He has a point but Duncan got severely fucked and lost everything he worked for.
>>
File: 1492242796306.gif (1MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1492242796306.gif
1MB, 230x172px
>>377030545
It's still a pale imitation of the tabletop game, but is way better than the Microsoft FPS and actually does justice to the setting.

Also I've heard the SNES and Sega Genesis games are pretty good.
>>
>>377034934
>and lost everything he worked for.
more like
>and lost everything Raymond indoctrinated him to do.

Raymond was such an authority figure over Duncan and him being such a short-tempered meathead, he was bound to join the police forces/military.

At least he acknowledges it.

Thus, I always consider Duncan as the perfect grunt to bring on every mission, not a lot of character depth I am affraid.
>>
>>377035412
The fact that it did justice to the setting was enough to make it 10/10 in my book
>>
>>377035412
>Also I've heard the SNES and Sega Genesis games are pretty good.

They are. I still play them every now and them.
>>
>>377035412
For what it's worth, I loved that FPS
Counterstrike with hanggliders, teleporting, and katanas was fucking great.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.