[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No other company has as many misused IPs as Nintendo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Custom Robo.jpg (17KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
Custom Robo.jpg
17KB, 191x264px
No other company has as many misused IPs as Nintendo.
>>
>>377013095
Sega.
>>
i wish ds online services were still up
custom robo arena was the most fun i had on that thing
>>
this game was garbage tho
>>
>>377013118
Sega constantly uses all of their old IPs in some form of another.

Nintendo has NOTHING outside of Mario/Zelda/Pokemon.
>>
>>377013095
I know saying you want an open world mmo of a popular game is a meme, but damn what I wouldn't give for an online custom Robo where you traveled from town to town competing in fight tournaments, against both NPCs and other players
>>
Fucking EA, somebody for the love of god post the image of the studios that died by getting absorbed by EA
>>
>>377013258
Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Kirby are pretty consistent, just to name a few other IPs
>>
>>377013095
Only played a little bit when renting it from Hollywood Video. From what I remember it was decent. Customizing Robos for stats or style was fun, but I remember nothing about the actual story or gameplay.
>>
>>377013396
This. Nintendo is up there but no one comes close to EA.
>>
>>377013258
>Constantly uses their old IPs in forms that don't matter

Panzer Dragoon will never have another game.
>>
>>377013095
doesn't this series have like 4 games? thats not too bad for a series that was unsuccessful at breaking into the western market.

biggest flaw was that terrible story. try playing the n64 games, if the gcn title is anything to go off of you won't be missing out on much and the gameplay is still good.
>>
I think Capcom has surpassed Nintendo.
>>
>>377013258
Sonic Racing With Some Other Guys and a couple of cameos don't count as use of IPs, just as Smash doesn't count as such either.
>>
>>377013671
other than megaman and ghosts n' goblins what are they failing to utilize that just isn't retired game series?

nintendo has a shit ton of stuff they likely won't use again.

startropics
doki doki panic (mario 2 in the west so we never got more because mario absorbed it and the original characters nintendo does not own)
starfox (recent entry but likely dead with such poor reception on recent games)
Metroid (you know it's true)
punch-out
i know somebody will correct me or add to the list so i'll end it here.
>>
>>377013258
Ristar is less used than fucking F-Zero and the Excite series

fuck off
>>
File: 1287442311826.jpg (46KB, 374x527px) Image search: [Google]
1287442311826.jpg
46KB, 374x527px
>>377013095
>company makes game on gamecube
>nobody buys it
>company makes a sequel on DS
>nobody buys it
>company decides to not make a sequel
>WOOOOOW MISUSED!
>>
all the dead companies and IPs from EA has it way worse than you Segababbies and Nintendorks

even you Capcom fags.
>>
>>377014073
>and the original characters nintendo does not own
Then it's not theirs! You can't add an IP to a list of IP Nintendo doesn't use if they don't own that IP.
>>
>>377014073
>Defends Capcom with "b-but muh retired series"
>Uses Fucking Startropics and Fucking Doki Doki Panic to make an argument against Nintendo
>Uses three game series that had recent games and claiming they're failing to be utilized, even fucking admitting himself that one series he mentioned flat-out had a recent game BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAY SO!
You are actually literally legitimately absolutely unironically retarded. I want to watch you kill yourself on livestream. Remove yourself from the gene pool immediately. Holy shit. I didn't think anyone could be this retarded but /v/ never fails to prove me wrong.
>>
>>377014354
doki doki panic is more of a nintendo IP than the legend of zelda: wand of gamelon
>>
Oh but we have ARMS now!! No story mode though because nobody wants that!
>>
File: 1413680393169.jpg (70KB, 1611x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1413680393169.jpg
70KB, 1611x1076px
>>377014325
I bought it.
>>
>>377013258
They've only recently even started to let people use them, like the Dragon's Curse remake and Monster Boy. Sega has a notorious history of franchises that only get 1-3 games before ending early. In some cases this is good, but one or more of the popular titles is inaccessible to modern audiences (Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon) and series that got short of the followup it needed (Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Burning Rangers).
>>
>>377015641
That's actually false.
>>
>>377014325
>Custom Robo is the only thing close to success NOISE has ever had.
>President refuses to collaborate on more entries with Nintendo because he believes they shouldn't be tied to just one thing.
>Company makes nothing but unsuccessful shovelware for the next decade.

Yeah man what a smart business move.
>>
>>377016872
So did I but damn near nobody did. A shame too since it was decidedly a party brawler.
>>377017843
that's on them
>>
>>377019763
I'm just saying, it's absolutely misused because NOISE is doing jack shit when they could be making good games.
>>
>>377020137
If it ever sold well and they decided to not make a sequel, then it would definitely be misused. That's not the case. When I worked at EB only one copy ever sold and it was the one I bought.
>>
>>377020137
That's misuse by NOISE, but by Nintendo
>>
>>377020361
>But I have anecdotal evidence!
That's nice, anon.

You have to keep in mind that NOISE is small. Like, less than 30 people small. Cing was a bigger company that produced more obscure games with worse sales and had less backing by Nintendo, and they lasted several years on that alone.

NOISE's change was at the impetus of the president, not economic factors. They did really well in sales for their size.
>>
File: 1459735976422.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1459735976422.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>>377013095
>"hey dude what shape is the earth"
>"it's round obviously"
>"are you fucking stupid, it's flat"

>"bitch take my watch"
>"no"
>"bitch take my watch"
>"no"
>"bitch take my watch"
>"no"
>thirty prompts later
>"fine I'll take your fucking watch just get out of here"
>fifteen hours later in the room right before the final boss.
>"ok MC use your watch to open the door"
>literally have to go back to the beginning of the game to ask for your watch back

>standing outside a bathroom in a wasteland waiting for your bro to take a shit
>hear a scuffle inside
>"should I go in?"
>no
>"maybe I should really go in"
>no
>"I think he's fucking dying I should seriously go in"
>no
>turn down the prompt like twenty times
>bro comes out asking why the fuck you didn't help him while he was clearly getting mugged
>"I thought you were just having a hard time man"

Custom Robo is GOAT.
>>
>>377013095
electronic arts is the king of misusing IPs because they do it on purpose
>>
Sega has over 1000 titles trademarked (status 2003)
>>
>>377023321
Too bad the story was trash and the pacing sucked. And the art, good lord.
>>
Capcom comes close, but Nintendo really doesn't give a fiddler's fuck about most of their IPs. It's a shame too, since that would've helped make up for the nonexistent third-party support on the Wii, Wii U, and Switch. Nintendo would have damn near every genre covered to boot.

Maybe next time, right?
>>
>>377023917
What's wrong with the art?
>>
>>377021991
>anecdotal evidence
Fine since you wanna be a cunt about it
>Custom Robo
>North America: 0.29m 77.2%
>+ Europe: 0.07m 20.1%
>+ Rest of the World: 0.01m 2.7%
>= Global 0.37m

>Custom Robo Arena
>North America: 0.01m 9.3%
>+ Europe: 0.02m 9.9%
>+ Japan: 0.12m 78.8%
>+ Rest of the World: 0.00m 2.0%
>= Global 0.16m

>Cing was a bigger company that produced more obscure games with worse sales and had less backing by Nintendo
Cings first two Nintendo published games sold more
>= Global 0.29m
>= Global 0.54m

Both put out things for Nintendo for about the same length of time. Either way, if your game sells like shit, nobody is going to keep hiring you to make games.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.