[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on the Arkham games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 16

File: letstalkaboutit.jpg (62KB, 736x410px) Image search: [Google]
letstalkaboutit.jpg
62KB, 736x410px
Let's discuss the series

I just finished Arkham Knight and though it was letdown

Challenge maps are DLC, Riddles makes race tracks (what the fuck???), the car combat is used way too much

I also felt it was very light on actual gameplay, which really pissed me off
>>
>>377007604
Good and enjoyable games overall in my opinion. Arkham Knight went too far with tonnes of repetitive checklist side tasks, but it was an enjoyable game nevertheless. Will probably never replay it though, since the thought of doing all this timesink shit again makes me puke
>>
>>377007898
I fully agree with this
As I was playing it I was thinking "this is a game I will never replay" altho I was having fun

Which is a shame

I also don't get why there's pretty much no bosses in the game that was gay as hell
The only bosses were again, stupid car combat
Just why?

I actually like Origins more overall
>>
>>377007604
The combat is always "press X to awesome"
>>
>>377008040
Origins is actually probably my favourite one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTDu4kmpseA
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
Gameplay
>AC

Boss Fights
>AO

Story
>AK

Atmosphere
>AA

They all have their merits

That Arkham Knight ending sequence was incredible I thought.
>>
>>377008128
That's not true
>>
>>377008257
This, altho isn't gameplay better in Origins from City?

The atmosphere of asylum is fantastic, it's what made the other games possible

Also fuck Arkham Knight for having what, 2 minutes from Harley?

>>377008243
I really liked Batmans new voice actor
I honestly am sick of Kevin in the batman role
The man has no range and sounds like a robot, really gets old fast
>>
>>377008606
Origin's gameplay always felt slower and chuggy to me
>>
>>377008243
Get ready for some comfy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJlislyQsw
>>
So why was the arkham knight pc port so awful?
The other games had good ports
>>
Asylum was a somewhat novel game that got a bit tedious and had a big dumb ending. It is better if your expectation is "game that came out because of a movie" than "AAA game". But its way more good than bad.

City was fun but forgettable. So forgettable that I forgot what I thought about it.

Didn't play the others
>>
Played Arkham Asylum back in the day, liked it. Bought Arkham Knight on sale a week or so ago, liked it.
Pretty neato games. I really like the atmosphere and puzzles, and the Batman universe really lends itself to a videogame premise.
>>
>>377008128
The new ones tried to change it up, but just like AssCreed since the combat is so basic in the first place it feels like it adds more frustration than depth since you whale on everybody with ease until you quickly have to do the one specific thing to take out a special type of enemy.
>>
File: 1490888701661.jpg (58KB, 680x657px) Image search: [Google]
1490888701661.jpg
58KB, 680x657px
Arkham Asylum is a masterpiece, City and Knight had some great moments in spite of the lazy open world and I never played Origins or Blackgate.

I really, REALLY wish instead of the Arkham Knight we got, they went back to an Asylum style game since the Gotham in Knight is literally just a bigger Arkham City since the plot immediately writes an excuse for there to be no civilians.
>>
>>377009028
I don't know, for me it ran smoothly on a laptop that barely ran Witcher 3, so I assumed the whole awful port thing was just memes or that they've patched it. But perhaps I was just lucky.
>>
these games don't make me feel like batman, they make me feel like batman's stunt double
>>
I enjoyed Arkham city, until the boss fight with Mr Freeze, and after a few failed attempts, I've put the game down.... I'm sure if I beat him I'd think it's great though. Love the atmosphere and the characters are fantastic.
>>
>>377007604
I have AA and AC.
Never played them, just bought it because of sale. Should I play them?
>>
>>377007604
First game was best with each game getting worse than the last
>>
Everything in this game is so automated. You climb by pressing a button and then watching Batman perfectly aim his hookshot at the nearest designated hookshot thingy. You "press X to stealth takedown", you "press X to counter each and every hit from every side", you press the batman vision button to solve every puzzle by having everything highlighted to you.

Overall the games are decent, but they are not very engaging to play. Sure, they make you "feel like batman", but I would want to earn that feeling somehow.

>>377009574
Mr Freeze was pretty much the only great boss in the series.
>>
I really like the aesthetic of these games. It feels like the best use of that Unreal "wet roads and rock" Engine, because it fits with Gotham's mood.

That's honestly the top reason I enjoy these games, followed by the fun stealth mechanics. I wish the combat was more complex and challenging though. The tank stuff in AK was actually fun because it was hard to get a perfect combo. There should have been more car chases though.
>>
>>377009706
>Mr Freeze was pretty much the only great boss in the series.

This
Highlight of the series pretty much and one of the few things people remember from City very well

>There should have been more car chases though.

I agree since driving was fun, while tank stuff was mostly boring as hell but there was more of it
>>
>There will never be another game after Knight

Damn shame. If they took the combat and stealth from Knight, hub based gameplay from Asylum, great levels and bosses from City and merged them it would've been the best probably
>>
>>377009625
Sure, they're very good games.
>>
>>377007604
AA>AO>AK>AC
>>
Open world was a mistake.
>>
>>377009926
So why no more arkham games?
It's a big series, why drop it?
>>
>>377009934
What's so bad bout AC?
Some anons don't like it in this very thread.
>>
>>377009706
You're vastly overstating things, and that bit about the puzzles is a straight up fabrication. All it will do is tell you what you can interact with, not how to solve it.
>>
>>377007604
two words:

batmobile mistake

heck, even origins was better.
>>
>>377010183
People say that AC has worse design since it's open world
AA isn't and is more focused

But AC is the better game in some ways of course

Both are good, AA has amazing style
>>
>>377009706
>You climb by pressing a button and then watching Batman perfectly aim his hookshot at the nearest designated hookshot thing
Would you seriously prefer to manually aim this thing whenever you use it while travelling through the city? Not even mentioning escaping from enemies?
>You "press X to stealth takedown"
Same goes for almost every stealth game
Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean, but while some mechanics like combat system or detective mode indeed could have been done better, these things simply wouldn't really work otherwise.
>>
>>377010347
AA=AC

AC got exactly same kind of open world as AA.
AO is a bit more empty with smaller locations and AK is the emptiest with almost zero actual levels like museum or underground city.
>>
>>377010347
I will give it a go then, thanks for the help anon.
>>
>>377009706
yeah this everything feels so hollow and unearned
>>
I love listening to thugs talk in these games
It adds so much to the world and their dialog is almost always fantastic

>>377010490
AK is so strange in terms of level design
Not sure how to feel about it but I know I feel there wasn't enough of it in the main story
>>
>>377010208
Yes, I am overstating things. I probably should have written that. But there are actual puzzles where you just go to the glowing bit and press the Batman button. I remember one clearly where you have to look at a gunshot and Batman deduces where it came from. There was no thinking involved.

Sure, there are some puzzles from the riddler that need you to think about the glowy bits for a bit. But I still feel like the Batman vision is making the game to trivial. For example, in those "stealth" sections it could let you see enemies through walls, taking any semblance of difficulty away, combined with the "press climb to stealth" spots.

>>377010445
I think a completely different, more skill based climbing system would have been much more interesting. But I can see why they didn't go with that because the game's goal was to Batman.

>Same goes for almost every stealth game
I am talking about those sections where you were hiding high in the air on a hiding spot and could press X to jump down, snatch an enemy and tie him up, all while being in hiding.
>>
>>377010183
It's /v/, some anons will shit on genuinely great games just because. The most common complain seem to be that the open world was unneeded, and while this might be true, I don't think it made the game any worse. They decided to do it this way and it works just fine, gliding through the city with upgraded grapple gun is actually fun as hell.
>>
File: 1075186.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1075186.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>377009956
>AA
+lore
+canon
+pacing
+faux glitch
~everything looks unintentionally wet
-linearity

>AO
+xmas
+graphics and toaster friendlyness
+best bosses
+young characters
+glorious DLC (new batsuit and freeze fight)
~fast travel
-bugs and the no-rocksteady meme

>AK
+batmobile
+feature complete
+top tier DLC episodes
+tanks mechanic
~DLC hides easily 2 hours of the main campaign
-tanks instead of bosses
-horrible specs hogging

>AC
+sandbox canon
+best boss battle of the franchise (freeze)
~story and questionable main enemy
-ridler humongous filler
>>
File: 1434042643103.jpg (87KB, 847x633px) Image search: [Google]
1434042643103.jpg
87KB, 847x633px
>>377010878
(cont)
Asylum is the true best game, with a massive influence on every AAA since it's release
City is the franchise novice best, because it is decent/mediocre in almost every aspect
Origins is the true gem, memed into oblivion, and still the second best. A LOT better than City
Knight is the whole feast, for anyone wanting to experience what it is to be batman. Maybe a little overwhelming because it is massive. BUT, performance on PC is still trash
>>
>>377009706
So we can all agree QWOP-like controls would vastly improve the game
>>
>>377010956
In general I agree, although I wouldn't place AA as the unquestionably best one. Also add best soundtrack to Origins' pros
>>
File: 1487325014597.jpg (34KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1487325014597.jpg
34KB, 560x560px
At the start of City, Strange says he knows Bruce Wayne is Batman and if Batman try's to stop him, Strange will reveal his identity, yet you spend the entire game stopping him, which he is fully aware of, yet the plot point is seemingly just abandoned and never mentioned again after the first half an hour.

Did I miss something?
>>
>>377011204
In no point you go directly against him, you just try to figure up what is he up to by extracting info from other villains(and wasting time on the whole disease plot). You only go directly against him when he starts blowing shit up with helicopters and then you pretty much go straight to his tower and he dies.
>>
>>377011081
Why do you have to go to the other extreme to act like that is a counter argument? I never said I want Bamham to turn into some complex parcour game. I said I dislike that the climbing is so automated, but can understand why they chose it like that, though I wish they would have gone with a more engaging climbinb system and designed the game around that. That is all.
>>
messiest fucking storyline ever
2 out of 4 games are connected, origins is fine since it's a prequel.
But Knight for some reason is totally unrelated to any other game to the point of it being possible it being standalone.
Even the connection between Asylum and City is flimsy.
>>
>>377010956
>with a massive influence on every AAA since it's release
Like what?
>>
>>377011471
Well, you can manually aim your grapple with left trigger/L2, if it makes you feel more in charge
>>
>>377011598
I think the devs completely misunderstood what people wanted when they said they wanted to drive the Batmobile.
>>
>>377009926
the origin devs are making Arkham Insurgency right now though , you didnt hear about the supposed leak?

>main protag is Damian Wayne
>set in the future with an old Bruce as your mentor operating from the batcave
>Batpod replaces the batmobile and is used souly for transport no dumb tank combat
>has the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor
>the thugs you take down can be picked up by multiple different Gotham gangs and be formed into your own rival/super villain

I hope we hear more about it at E3 or something it sounds great.
>>
>>377011598
Well, Joker's death and him poisoning other people(including Bats) with his blood are important to the story. But that's pretty much it. Why would you want them to be more connected though? They work fine as they are.
>>
>>377011640
I know, but that is kinda redundant since the game does it automatically anyway, and on its own, that kind of climbing is not very interesting either.
>>
>>377007604
I like them.
Honestly, Origins is my favourite. Playing as a rookie Batman was excellent and the investigations were wonderful(especially the one where you are at the black mask's flat)
>>
>>377011598
Almost everything in in AK apart from the actual Knight revolves around what happened with Joker in AC
>>
>>377011730
Except for Damian is sounds great. Fuck this kid, unless they'll completely change his personality.
>>
>>377011634
You ever heard the term "arkham-like combat" when reading about certain games? There you go.
>>
Knight would have been good with less car
>>
>>377011847
I think I remember hearing the leaker saying that Damian is literally just Terry from Batman Beyond but under the name of Damian because for whatever reason WB think Damian is a more famous character 9which I guess he is currently in the comics)

so he will have the personality of Terry or a blend of terry and Damian
>>
>>377011746
For one, the title is Arkham, with Knight abandoning that concept entirely. I don't even know why the Arkham Knight is called that way.

>>377011820
Except for, you know, the main premise.
>>
>>377011872
Well, but that is just sorta sped up AssCreed combat.

Also, that is not "all AAA games since 2009".
>>
Origins was the best one because of two things:

Christmas

Better Bats voice actor
>>
>>377012079
I am not the one with the "all AAA games" statement, but I would argue that Arkham refined the AC combat, Thats why people dont call it "AC-like combat", even though there are probably people who do just that.
>>
>tfw all those times in AK when Joker shows up out of nowhere to talk shit

I loved the game just because of that, Mark Hamill is a fantastic voice actor, and the Joker is pretty funny.
>>
>>377007604
ORIGINS
NEVER
HAPPENED
>>
>>377012015
>Except for, you know, the main premise

the one dependent on a dead joker and mentally deteriorating batman?
>>
>>377012015
He calls himself Arkham knight because the Joker tortured him in Arkham
>>
It's like AssCreed, it's quite good for a couple of games but eventually you WILL get bored by the repetitive nonsense
>>
>>377012081
THIS

Kevin fucking sucks

>>377012264
The best part of that game is him
>>
>>377012264
This, at first i was kinda pissed since this is the second game after they ''killed'' off the Joker in City, only for him to show up anyway in Origins and in Knight. But they handled it so good in Knight i wasn't even mad when i played it.
>>
>>377012404
>It's like AssCreed, it's quite good for a couple of games
AssCreed was not even good in the first game.
>>
>>377012513
The series has some merit, nothing else has cities quite like it.
>>
>>377012513
Okay mister contrarian
>>
Only played Arkham Asylum and City

Arkham Asylum was great with great combat and a nice layout of the facility. Joker fight was horrible however.

Arkham City could have been good but felt it fell into the whole Open World trap and just had a bunch of collectables without any real reason outside of collectables.

Each however I never really liked the look of Batman. Looks way too big like a bad 90's comic and not in any good way.
>>
>>377012675
How is it contrarian to dislike AssCreed 1? 2 is considered the good one. (Though I dislike that one aswell.)

Or do you call me contrarian for disliking AssCreed in general? Because how is that contrarian on /v/?

>>377012592
Yeah, I suppose, though the cities are not really used that much for gameplay.
>>
File: JCCU8440.jpg (10KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
JCCU8440.jpg
10KB, 125x125px
>There are people in this thread that doesn't like Kevin Conroy voicing Batman.
Did you kiddies not grow up watching BTAS?Kevin is the perfect Batman just like Hamill is the perfect Joker
>>
>>377012714
>Joker fight was horrible however.

That fight was so retarded I never even finished it

>Each however I never really liked the look of Batman.

Kinda agree with this
His body shape looks so strange
>>
>>377012872
He's just such a bad voice actor
He has no range and that limits batmans character
Every time he tries to sound anything that isn't stern I roll my eyes
He just can't do it
>>
>>377007604
This series is like the souls series in the fact that nobody can agree which is the best one.

I do think most people shit on AK more than the rest though, and it happens to be my second favorite after AA.
>>
>>377012714
>>377012921
any batman outfit where he looks like he wears his underwear on the outside is fucking retarded
superman too
>>
>>377013086
>This series is like the souls series in the fact that nobody can agree which is the best one.
How strangely fitting, because non-underaged people all agree that DS1 and Arkham Asylum are the best in their series
>>
>>377011730
The leak I read said it will be a prequel set right after Origins.

Where is your supposed info?
>>
File: IMG_0752.jpg (185KB, 600x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0752.jpg
185KB, 600x936px
>>377013147
>Hating on the underwear
Fuck off they always looked great. It's people trying to "fix it" that makes it look bad.
>>
>>377011730
http://segmentnext.com/2017/05/02/warner-bros-new-batman-game-apparently-previously-starred-damian-wayne/

I'm sorry bro.
>>
>>377013595
nah it looks fucking gay
>>
>>377007604
Assasins Creed:Batman edition.
>>
Asylum and city are the best, Origin is literally B-team so it doesn't count, and Knight is the worst simply because it was far too repetitive, killed the batmobile, and was against an enemy that first off wasn't 'original' (Jason Tod being the 'totally not red hood' was trash and killed the entire point to why Jason Tod turned into a anti-hero, to kill the Joker) and secondly Scarecrow? Really you had Scarecrow as the main villain?
>>
Entire Series
Could've been better if they had more detectiving (Origins tried but they would also highlight every thing you needed so you barely did anything other than hold the button where it told you.

Better boss fights, which would've meant including more combat oriented villains, instead of Hatter. Penguin and Scarecrow.
Asylum
Great intro into what was essentially an off-spin of the type of game AC was

City
Improves Asylum in pretty much every way.

Origins
Felt like an expansion pack to City instead of a new game but it was still ok. Gameplay was idiotic at times. Bosses were pretty good

Knight
Car was used too much while Villains too little, but fuck that game is pretty as fuck. Gameplay was better than the previous entries in the series, except cars once again

>>377009028
Seems like WB had an outside studio port it and then rushed them. The main problem I had when it first released was FPS would drop like a motherfucker when you were gliding. But I played it last month and they had patched that.
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (719KB, 1260x1963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
719KB, 1260x1963px
>>377013787
Naw that's Spider-Man and his amazing ass. Or maybe Dick Grayson /co/ always seem to bounce between which has the better butt.
>>
>>377013787
>wanting one less layer between yourself and the dick

I think you're the gay one
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKrsJZWqK0
>>
>>377009028
It was ported by Iron Galaxy, who have no fucking experience with that type of game (they're a fighting game developer).
>>
>>377014000
that's the weakest reason ever
>>
>>377013956
The more I think about it, the more I enjoy Origin over the rest. Shock gloves are amazing. Framerate and slowdowns on console were the only realy downside, and though I was mad about "It was the Joker all along" twist, it felt good for what it was.
>>
Who fell for the Joker scare here? Both regular game and New Game +
>>
>>377009419
>memes
Nigga, that shit was so broken they were refunding people no matter how much time they had put into it.

They gave Asylum, City, Origins, and Origins Blackgate for free once they had re-released it to recoup some money because of how shit the port was.
>>
Playing through the DLC recently for AK

Why is Barbare always the worst?
>>
>>377014421
Didn't they take it off the market and pretend there never was a port for a year?
>>
>>377014576
Yeah, that was the re-release. When they gave away those games to anybody who had already bought it and bought it within a month of the re-release.
>>
>>377007604
They're all pretty great, even origins despite its fame and even the tank sections in Knight. Probably the best comic book games.
>>
>>377014495
>not wanting to bang the red headed handicap slut
Fucks the matter with you?
>>
>>377007604
Knight>Asylum>City>Origins
>>
>>377013000
I agree he was good when the cartoon first started but everything put out in the last few years is just mediocre
>>
>>377009028
It's ok now.
>>
The 2D one was fun
>>
File: batman_arkham_origins_sept_18_2.jpg (347KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
batman_arkham_origins_sept_18_2.jpg
347KB, 800x500px
>>377010956
>Origins is the true gem, memed into oblivion, and still the second best. A LOT better than City

Which is appropriate considering it's just a refinement of City. I think Origins' problems lie more in squandering boss appearances compared to what few fights we actually got. Still a good game with even decent MP when you could get it going.
>>
>>377016969
Origins' problem for me lies in that they added a huge chunk of city and then left it empty.
>>
>>377008128
Confirmed for playing on easy and never getting a 100+ combo
>>
File: 2a2a978eca23c1adff7028e073802ee9.jpg (103KB, 1008x630px) Image search: [Google]
2a2a978eca23c1adff7028e073802ee9.jpg
103KB, 1008x630px
>>377016969
Playable Deathstroke made Origins worth it. It's funny how they turned more towards "multiple playable characters" approach for Knight.
>>
>>377007604
AA and AC are 8/10 games, AK is a 6/10
I wish we'd get a full out Batman detective game. At best, the detective work in these games are just scanning something in a particular place so Batman can figure out the mystery himself.
A Batman Beyond game might actually be able to fill the cyberpunk detective game void, though I doubt it'll be made or have proper detective work in it either
>>
File: they will fear my name.jpg (74KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
they will fear my name.jpg
74KB, 1280x800px
>>377017403
beyond outfit in knight was unforgivable teasing. speaking of which, was any knight dlc worth it?
>>
File: Batgirl(2).jpg (199KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl(2).jpg
199KB, 720x405px
>>377017568
Season of Infamy and the Batgirl DLC was good
>>
>>377013636
Thank goodness
I'll take Bruce over Damian any day of the week but I do wonder why they are so adamant on not including Terry in anything nowadays
>>
>>377017568
I played on the Harley one since I got it for free. It was veery short, but playable Harley is fun. I really like how in stealth maps she just refuses to go quietly and instead gets bonuses for beating up armed thugs as quickly as possible, it's a nice twist on established mechanics. Actually all these playable characters with different moves and gadgets made me wish they made Arkham style games with different comic characters as protags, Nightwing for example.
>>
>>377017568
Mini campaigns but they're all criminally short to be worth it and add maybe two hours of story to what is a huge game as it is.
>>
>>377008798
>tfw I got this game on Christmas and played it over Christmas
>>
File: batmanreturns-snes.jpg (94KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
batmanreturns-snes.jpg
94KB, 640x472px
This is better.
>>
I think Asylum was the best, it was tightly designed and everything in it was in its place.
I think City bit more that it could chew and fell flat as a sandbox, though still mechanically improved, it was flabby and not as good as Asylum.
I think Origins was completely pointless in every way and a waste of time.
I think Knight came close to perfecting sandbox and I don't understand what people are complaining about with it, it was better than city.
>>
>>377018453
>not Batman Returns for DOS
>not playing the greatest detective
>>
>>377007604
AA was good, was enjoyable to explore the cramped design of the Asylum, you would think opening up the subsequent games to the city, allowing you to glide around more freely would be a naturally good change but it got old fast and turned into boring open world games.
>>
File: 1463958373784.jpg (314KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463958373784.jpg
314KB, 1920x1200px
>>377007604
Waifus, the game
>>
the Arkahm Origins crowd should notice, the Bat Girl DLC episode in Arkam knight, is done by the same studio as Origins

it is glorious
>>
>>377011204
Much like Black Mask and Arkham Knight, Hugo Strange's purpose was to get the rug pulled under him by the Joker
>>
>>377007604

BAM! Ham City.

eat ma period
>>
I played City before Asylum, surprised by how enjoyable it still was even with less feature than City, still wouldn't put it above City though.
Origins was more of the same with barely any improved feature.
Haven't tried Knight yet.
>>
I hope they don't try to milk the Arkham series too much. These four games make a good series overall, It'll be awesome if they just ended it there and not spawn needless sequels, prequels and side-quels, whatever they are called.
>>
>>377021554

>Hope they don't try to milk it too much
>Release 4 games, never as good as the original
>law of diminishing returns
>most Batman character comic and movie looks are now based on these games
>toy lines
>merchandise out the ass
>I hope they don't try to mile the Arkham series too much

Anon's gotta get back, back to the past
>>
>>377007604
>let's just get through the story quick so I can mess around in freeroam
>hurr Gotham needs the Batman for one last night

I'll go fuck myself then
>>
>>377022458
What's this about? It it Knight's thing?
>>
>>377008257
Almost agree, the boss fight for me goes to AC for the MrFreeze fight...
>>
>>377022458
What did he mean by this
>>
I just finished the main questline for AK and I have no idea what the fuck happened from when Bats got in the truck

what the fuck happened
>>
>>377007604
Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max were way better.
>>
>>377023396
In terms of straight up gameplay I agree on Shadow of Mordor. The world and exploration was boring as fuck compared to the Arkham games though. Mad Max was similar in that the gameplay while being really fucking similar was a lot more satisfying in combat because it felt heavier like your punches really had some weight, but it was a lot more simplified. Mad Max would be an objectively inferior game if it wasn't for the fucking baller car gameplay. I'd say the Arkham series is better overall in terms of story, grafix, world building etc, but all three games are surprisingly distinct given that they have the exact same combat system.
>>
>>377022521
>>377023248
Could be talking about how you need to 100% the side quests in order to unlock the final ending of Arkham Knight.
>>
>>377007604
casual crap
>>
>>377023667
Nah, Mad Max really nailed the atmosphere and with right soundtrack can be metal and enjoyable as fuck, but it's just too damn repetitive. A prime example of over saturating the game with shitty checklist side tasks.
>>
File: 1493737369285.png (618KB, 779x587px) Image search: [Google]
1493737369285.png
618KB, 779x587px
play monster girl gamu!
>>
City (gameplay) = Asylum (atmosphere) > Knight (letdown in both) > Origins (kinda bad)
>>
>>377024673
looks gay desu
>>
Origins is the best. Best atmosphere, characters, joker. Only contrarians disagree
>>
>>377026589
Fucking this, objectively the best of all open world Arkham games
>>
>>377024673
I was going to until this shilling you have been doing
>>
>>377026589
It's better than Knight, I'll say that. But it's the little things in it that keep me from saying it's as good as Asylum and City.
>>
>>377026764
you must play it! is great game!
>>
>>377009574
are you retarded? that's the best boss fight in the series.
>>
>>377013514
>>377013636
So it's sort like Origins 2. I'm okay with that. I liked Origins. It took place 5 years before Arkham Asylum. A lot of things happened during those years. Can easily make more games about that. It's a chance to show some new villains. But please don't let Joker take too much of a role this time...
>>
The art style is pretty good. All details in the city, it really looks like what Gothan should be in movies.
The females are hot and waifu tier.
Game play is not that bad, but it is not that great. You need to climb here, do that there, but when you fight is most "press X and Y" all the time.

For me the games are 7/10, would play a new one.
>>
>>377008128
>"press X to awesome"
opinion permanently discarded.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.