[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one do you prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 28

File: utvsq.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
utvsq.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
Which one do you prefer?
>>
Overwatch.
>>
>>377007916
/thread
>>
>>377007587
UT99 was better back in the day.
Quake 3 has had much better longevity thanks to old Id's open source policies.

Now if I play an arena shooter its generally Xonotic.
>>
>>377007916
Underage detected
>>
While I think Quake is a better esport game, I prefer UT for it's graphical style and cooler weapons.
>>
UNREAL STRONG
>>
>>377008375
I should really check that out again.
I bet it would run great on my GNU/Linux dev system.
>>
Ut99 because:

-better soundtrack
-better level design
-better bots
-alt-fire added a lot of depth to weapons and could be combined to have even more firing modes
-best menu design and really easy to customize and mod heavily (Quake was very moddable too but I don't think it was quite as easy or had as many modded servers)
-no pogostick movement that makes people just evade and run around the map collecting everything
>>
>>377007587
I fucking love the conquest or assault mode in UT

LITERALLY TWO MOVING BEHEMOTH VEHICLES, RUSHING DOWN AN ENDLESS DESERT PLANE

DEPLOY BOARDING RAMP

ESTABLISH A BEACHHEAD

PUSH IN DEEPER

BLOW THE GENERATOR OR RETREAT THE MCGUFFIN OR WHATEVER

God I miss the old days.
>>
>>377008632
there's a native linux client, knock yourself out.
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/unreal-tournament-discussion/announcements/384484-0-1-10-update-posted-4-18-2017
>>
File: 1494341682867.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494341682867.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>tfw arena shooters will never the shit again regardless how much Epic and Bethesda try to push their shit through

Can't we just go back to 1999? ;_;
>>
>>377008829
Epic isn't even trying at this point, UT4 has barely moved in years and has zero advertising. I'm pretty sure Quake Champions is actually going to be big though. As long as they fix the netcode and optimize it, that is.
>>
>>377008829
Arena Shooters were always most popular among UNIX admins, they ran the servers and were the most hardcore group.
When gaming went towards servers run as a service and consoles those guys didn't follow which led to the collapse of the genre. The few games that remained tended to be Windows-only and Linux users weren't inclined to run servers for them which meant they never got really popular.

Bethesda don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Epic at least is supporting GNU/Linux again.
>>
Quake 3 feels a lot more refined and tight to me. Like, everything about it is perfect and every weapon is balanced and stuff.

Unreal might have more, but it doesn't feel like a perfect product, or at least, not quite as close as quake 3 gets.
>>
movement in quake feels like riding a skateboard, it's ass. and the weapons are boring, too.

unreal tournament all the way.
>>
>>377009473
>Not enjoying the feeling of riding around on a skateboard

UT3 was good because it let hoverboards be a reality.
>>
>>377009128
>UT4 has barely moved in years and has zero advertising.
Because they are literally doing nothing, they made the very base of the game(which is actually enjoyable as hell to play, so that doubles the shame) and left it for players to create all the content, while they work on their MOBA. And although I actually really like Paragon I would ten times prefer them to finish the new UT instead. Perhaps when Paragon leaves beta at the end of the year they'll move some people to work on UT again, a man can hope.
>>
>>377007587
UT, only because it was some of my first PC games when I was a kid.

I played against a lot of AI and used a lot of cheats. Tons of fun!
>>
quake 3, love the depth that exists within its simple mechanics.

great art, sound, gunplay and movement.

tons of mods, maps and is open source.
>>
>>377008790
That looks janky as shit. The assets themselves look great, but holy fuck is it far from UT2004 in terms of gameplay.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0G6WPuss4
>>
>>377007587
the original UT had much more awesome and meaty gunplay
>>
File: Unreal_Tournament_2003_cover.png (301KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal_Tournament_2003_cover.png
301KB, 300x432px
Did anyone ever play UT 2003? I keep forgetting it exists.
>>
>>377010491
It must have been really shit. I went from UT99 to 2k4 and I didn't like it, since 2k3 was basically 2k4 with half of the content and everything Egyptian-looking it was probably crap.
>>
>>377010227
>great art
Get the fuck out
It's hard to say that in general but in a direct comparison with UT that shits on it all over the design department (from heroes to maps)?
>>
>>377010691
Quake's maps were always a collection of uninteresting looking brown corridors. Well graphically Q3 was ahead of UT since it ran on a much more modern engine, but I still prefer the looks of UT. Spaceships, castles on asteroids, Nali titty goddess temples, skyscrapers etc. I got the game when I was 9 and maps like Morhpeus left really strong impression on me.
>>
File: IMG_1836.jpg (141KB, 277x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1836.jpg
141KB, 277x396px
I prefer this desu
>>
>>377010491
I think its art style was the best one.
>>
>>377010491
My mum used to play it a lot when I was a kid, I remember watching her blast noobs
>>
>>377010945
>tfw never got into that
>tfw friends tried to get me into ET but I had connection issues
Oh well, at least I get to enjoy Dirty Bomb as it slowly dies because devs are incompetent as fuck.
>>
UT
>>
shock rifle is the coolest weapon in any video game ever
>>
File: 61NEZTASQDL.jpg (66KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
61NEZTASQDL.jpg
66KB, 400x500px
This is the only Unreal game I've ever played, I wish more people played it.
>>
I really really like ut announcer
>>
>>377010491
I did, it felt clunky and unfinished, like beta version of 2004.
>>
>>377011180
Unreal still has an active community.
>>
File: 1487815373630.png (507KB, 992x734px) Image search: [Google]
1487815373630.png
507KB, 992x734px
>>377007978
Sure, if you are a filthy casul.
>>
>>377008375
hows that progressing at the moment?
Played a few months ago and there wasn't a lot done.
>>
>>377011367
It's dead in the water
>>
File: 1494341645180.jpg (58KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
1494341645180.jpg
58KB, 540x416px
>live in a 3rd world country
>go to internet caffee's daily since i my family couldnt afford a computer
>everyone's playing quake 2
>so much fun
>quake 3 and UT come out
>everyone plays them and has so much fun
>first iteration of Counter Strike comes out
>everyone switches to that
>i witness the beginning of an end for arena shooters right there

just fucking end me, at least ill spend the 90s in the heavens
>>
>>377011367
see >>377009852
Some players make a new map once in a blue moon, but that's pretty much it. Hardly anyone plays it as well.
>>
Q3
>>
UT2004 was my favorite PC game after Warcraft 3, vehicles added so much fun.

Right now I'm enjoying Quake Champions, as it's the only shooter at the moment where there's a lot of bad players like me online.

If I try to play an older Arena Shooter I'm always just bound to get destroyed.
>>
>>377011367
epic is focusing on their shitty moba paragon, ut is basically in development hell. it still gets updates every now and then, but nothing major.

blitz/flag run is really fun, but everything lacks polish (i.e. textures). the community isn't doing a whole lot, either.

it's fun, but very unfinished. also no one plays it
>>
UT99 was gimmicky shit.
>>
Always enjoyed UT more
>>
>>377008790
oh shit they textured this map? it looks fucking great

>>377010229
last i played it it was very smooth
>>
File: shock rifle.jpg (287KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shock rifle.jpg
287KB, 2560x1440px
>>377011173
>>
>>377011654
>If I try to play an older Arena Shooter I'm always just bound to get destroyed.

I bought Quake Live on Steam not too long ago since I missed Q3 so much.
Instant regret, everyone playing there is godlike right now
>>
>>377008729
This
Holy fuck that high scifi
I mean DA DEMONZ ARENA is good but you can't beat fucking Lava Giant and Face2
>>
How do we break the arena shooters dilemma?

Nobody plays games like Toxikk or Reflex, because nobody plays them. I check out the number of players (30 in-game now ayyyy) and decide not to get into it, how many people do the same?
>>
>>377011945
I got Toxikk and I liked it, Reflex didn't interest me much because it's just reskinned Quake. Xonotic is also awesome.
>>
>>377011945
wait for qc and ut4 to revive the genre
>>
i think the current UT is better than Quake Champions.
but in theory Quake is a more fun game at its core than UT
>>377011945
release UT on steam
>>
>>377011682
>epic is focusing on their shitty moba

Moba is popular, especially LoL, because everyone and their grandmothers can basically play it on their TI-84 calculators. How the fuck do they expect their moba to be popular and profitable when it's on Unreal engine?
>>
>>377011945
Toxikk is actually very enjoyable, but yeah, you can only play against bots, because NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS IT. I think it's mostly the lack of marketing to be honest and the fact that none of actually big devs make arena shooters. The power of hype is everything
>>
>>377012157
>you can only play against bots, because NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS IT
Or more specifically because the devs refuse to get rid of their skill class bullshit so you can't join the actually populated servers.
>>
UT 100%

Quake is too fucking autistic for me. Same map, same 3 weapons, same thing over and over again.
>>
>>377012059
It actually has a fairly big and stable playerbase, big enough for queue times to not be a problem. And it is very well optimised, to the point where you can severely downgrade it and run it smoothly on a semi-toaster
>>
>>377012157

you know what's absolutely ace and a pinnacle of arena shooters? warsow clan arena, stone dead now forever, but it was the shit
>>
>yfw this thread has more ip addresses than ut4 has players
>>
>>377011789
not everyone, what you want to do is play something like the 1700 elo capped clan arena servers or the freezetag. those generally have much lower skilled players and are generally more welcoming to newer players. you might just be rusty so ffa and ctf would be better options but there aren't commonly servers for them (if you start one up people will very likely join though). know there are differences between quake 3 and quake live, such as the lip jumping (going up a tele, jump on the floor coming up) as well as damage balancing (rail does 80, lg does 6, mg does 5), and even stuff like weapons giving you 10 ammo regardless of if you already have 10 or not in even duels (in quake 3 if you have 10 ammo already picking up the same weapon will just give you 1 additional round but you would go from 10 to 20 in quake live). it isn't that bad, i got into quake live 3 years ago i think its been? there were high skilled players even then but you will get back up eventually. took me around 6 months to become avid at aiming and do well enough to reach tier 4 clan arena. took me 2 years to finally not lose to newer players in duels
>>
File: 1494826235974.jpg (57KB, 634x471px) Image search: [Google]
1494826235974.jpg
57KB, 634x471px
>>377012363

>yfw more people play Battleborn than UT4
>>
Quake obviously, only noobs prefer UT
>>
>the 2 alright arena shooters out there Quake Champions and UT
>both stuck on [company] launcher
PC gaming is so fucking shit it's not even funny.
>>
>>377011945
If Quake Champions doesn't get the ball rolling I honestly doubt nothing will.

It also would be nice if Hi-Rez made a new Tribes game and didn't kill it with bad patches.
>>
File: 1466675727173.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1466675727173.png
287KB, 368x469px
1999: "fps"
2017: "arena shooter"
>>
File: arena shooters.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
arena shooters.png
24KB, 500x283px
>>377012518
>a new Tribes game
check out MidAir
>>
Quake 3 Arena and Quake 3 Defrag mod
>>
>>377008729
This. The movement in Quake gives it a higher skill ceiling, but I just don't find the incessant bunny-hopping enjoyable. UT had better weapons as well.
>>
>>377010491
I bought this, got a rebate when ut2k4 came out kek
>>
>>377011682
Sad as fuck to see.

Well hopefully Quake Champions takes off. I want an arena shooter to do well both competitively and casually.
>>
>>377012498
it really does piss me off too, i hate having to deal with 40 fucking launchers. when i tried to play games on linux the launchers were the cockblock that refused to work in wine. fuck you uplay
>literally every day another launcher is updating
when will this stupid fucking meme end? does somebody need to make an opensource launcher which allows companies to profit 100 percent from their own works and set up their own server hosts for their files so they wont jewishly try and keep their software exclusive to their fucking launchers? would publishers even go for that?
>>
Team modes - UT

1v1 - quake
>>
>>377012923
>implying freezetag isn't also better on quake
>>
File: kcik `em inthe pennis.png (80KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
kcik `em inthe pennis.png
80KB, 300x188px
>>377012518
it may sound silly but i hope that we stick with quake and unreal as the flagship titles of modern arena shooters. there simply aren't enough players for the sub-genre to be divided between three or four games, even if Q5 and UT4 draw in some attention.

>>377012598
arena shooter is different to fps, though. there's a far greater market saturation with shooters, and certainly only a few are primarily deathmatch, low playercount, twitch and skill, no progression gameplay. defining the genre helps for recognition and maintaining a playerbase, probably.

another day, another unreal/quake thread, another day hoping that a single good unreal funnyimage is posted
>>
>>377011789
I've been able to keep up, and I was never that good at arena FPS. There was usually one dude on each team that was god-tier, while the rest were my level.
>>
>>377007587
I never could get UT4 to work on my comp, but since I got Paragon to not crash maybe I should try again.

How's QC? I heard that there'll be game modes without the abilities and stuff, that true?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgCME2VNws

Seriously the music in Unreal is so great at building atmosphere.
>>
>>377007587
quake hands down
UT generally has more content out of the box and variety but it's also a bit all over the place
quake has less stuff but everything it has is absolutely essential and the fundamentals are absolutely rock solid
>>
>>377010491
Played the demo way back when. The only thing I remember about it was an open map, with rocky cliffs as walls and some sort of a sunken structure that had a power-up in it, that's it.
>>
>>377011945
Put UT and QC on Steam, for free.
>>
>>377014046
>it's also a bit all over the place
The this is I think UT absolutely nailed down all those gorillion gametypes, ambition made the game great. While Quake has more frantic FFA DM and more refined Duel, UT's Assault, CTF and Domination are all pretty damn fun and I guess DM is not technically as well developed as Q3 it's still pretty good if you prefer the pace.
>>
File: UT-EnvironmentExercise01.jpg (353KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
UT-EnvironmentExercise01.jpg
353KB, 2000x1500px
>>377011925
UT99 has such a fantastic fucking graphical style, it's like Quake 1 meets Judge Dredd and I love it to bits.

I used to be an Unreal dude through and through, later fell in love with Quake after playing Q1 and then the whole series and finally realizing what makes GoldSrc/Source games feel so good, and somewhat prefer the latter because I always felt like Unreal's dodgejumping was clunky as fuck (although 2004's walljumping and shit is fun as hell), but UT99 has style for days.
>>
>>377014721
The Necris female is my favorite model, I love how the game has a space-gothic feel to it. The game completely immersed me as a kid, seeing those billboards about Xan whie hearing that cool music and the bots auto-taunting each other really made me feel like I was in a sci-fi world. It also helps that I was playing on a pretty decent machine with a GeForce 2 and 256mb RAM which could max out settings.
>>
>>377011945
Toxxik and Reflex are uninspired. They are taking the Quake/UT formula and copying it pretty much verbatim, what the devs failed to understand is that arena shooters aren't dead because of graphics or lack of matchmaking, they're dead because they are incredibly simple games in nature and have an incredibly high skill ceiling, which is antithetic to the kind of games that are considered popular and players expect to see nowadays.

The average gamer isn't going to practice jumping and shooting in the same exact maps with the same exact weapons with the same exact characters over and over again just for the vague elusive reward of "being good". There has to be an incentive, some overarching goals to pursue. A ladder that shows you your rank, item drops, etc.

I think CS:GO is a brilliant example of this.
>Release a game that's close to it's predecessors
>Nobody gives a shit
>Add ladder matchmaking and skins
>Becomes one of the most popular games in the world

Good core gameplay is just one part of the equation now, games like Toxxik and Reflex never stood a chance.
>>
>>377015261
>Toxxik and Reflex are uninspired. They are taking the Quake/UT formula and copying it pretty much verbatim
Actually Toxikk takes inspiration from UT but does its own thing. The weapons aren't rehashes from UT save for the pistol and the notredeemer, and the health/armor system is different. I quite like Toxikk, as someone who didn't like any UTs after the first one, it feel like what UT2k4 could have been, the dodgejump isn't broken and player size to map scale isn't awful.
>>
File: 1339726546370.jpg (20KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1339726546370.jpg
20KB, 429x410px
>>377015261
How does CS:GO's playerbase compare to Overwatch? They pretty much copied the core mechanics of TF2, slapped some moba-like abilities on the heroes, and adopted a far less jewish cosmetic system.
>>
Quake 3 has much better gameplay. Quake 2 has better mods than both.
>>
>>377015468
Sure, the games might be good, but they're trying to sustain their palyerbase purely on good gameplay, which isn't going to work nowadays unless you have a really novel concept like Rocket League or insanely well crafted gameplay.
>>
>>377015689
Quake 2 doesn't have a zeroping mod though.
>>377015730
I'm not addressing your critique of what makes a game successful nowadays, just saying that Toxikk isn't UT copypasted like how Reflex is a reskinned Q3.
>>
>>377015087
UT2004 has a bunch of neat things, too, even if the primary artstyle took a heavy veer towards future-sports with everyone having MP3-player belts and details everywhere. It definitely has a few good playermodels (the Liandribots as usual, Romulus/Remus, Sapphire and the other lightly armored humans, etc) and some of the maps are downright gorgeous, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the sheer grunge that permeates so much of UT99- everything feels worn and used-up, even the high tech spaceships and factories, but without feeling edgy or tryhard and without just making everything red and brown (looking at you, id).

I'll admit that Q3A has the most boner-inducing playermodels between Hunter and Crash, though, and Doomguy/Ranger will always be more neat to me than Brock and Lauren.
>>
>>377015873
UT2k3/4 got rid of the glorious '90s edgy feel, even the edgy looking characters like those punk-types with colorful hair didn't look "grungy" like you said. The vehicles had the best look in my opinion. However I generally dislike how the game looks because they really fucked up size scaling, everything just looks so unnatural, it's like amateur maps from FPSbanana.
>>
File: An_70b03e_5602750[1].jpg (193KB, 780x1074px) Image search: [Google]
An_70b03e_5602750[1].jpg
193KB, 780x1074px
>>377014721
>it's like Quake 1 meets Judge Dredd
Come to think, Deck 16/17 would be really, really easy to turn into a scaled down Resyk. Turn the main bridge into a conveyer belt and put a grinder in the middle of the lift area.
>>
>>377012697
Only Quake 1 and CPMA have bunny hopping.
>>
I really hope QC takes off. Despite it having modern assfaggots bullshit it still is somewhat loyal to good old days.
>>
>>377015492
In terms of numbers? Hard to say, honestly. Assuming that we're talking exclusively about PC, I think Overwatch is much more popular in Asia, while CS:GO is way more popular in Europe. No idea how American numbers compare, though.
>>
File: 1437337967085.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437337967085.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>377012598
https://youtu.be/sw5YbWQ8KcM
>>
>>377014721
Am I the only one who thinks it's a real shame that Unreal never evolved into a proper developed setting? It had so much potential and the story based games(Unreal gold and Awakening) were dope as hell. I would love to play a tabletop RPG set in Unreal universe
>>
File: UT2004 2016-02-29 18-54-28-73.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UT2004 2016-02-29 18-54-28-73.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377016137
You mean how it feels like everyone is about two feet tall, right? I'm not sure what the deal with that is, or why they chose to make everything bigger instead of just making the play area the same size and the actual details smaller, but I guess it's not that annoying unless you're playing one of the more open maps that end up taking ten fucking hours to slog across if the admin doesn't have the translocator enabled in deathmatch.
>>
>>377017384
>You mean how it feels like everyone is about two feet tall, right?
Exactly. Fucking midget tournamet, it just never felt right to me.
>>
>>377007587

i played a ton of UT with friends and then moved on by myself to quake 3 and rtcw for a while. when i eventually returned to UT i noticed how much slower it was in comparison and i was basically a fucking god in that game since i felt like i was constantly in slow motion
>>
>>377017542
Well traversing from place to place is slower in UT but combat is quite frantic nonetheless. It also greatly depends on the server settings, some servers scaled gamespeed up to 200%. I personally like it at least a little bit above 100% and with full air control.
>>
>>377017542
I have the exact same experience. Going back to ut99 feels like you have weights strapped to your legs.
>>
>>377007916
>preferring a shallow moba disguised as a shooter over the two greatest fps franchises ever created
>>
File: Neban.jpg (46KB, 448x670px) Image search: [Google]
Neban.jpg
46KB, 448x670px
>>377017328
>Awakening
Shame that it was hammered and shit on so much, maybe the guns and gunplay were mediocre ( although with some cool gimmicks and secondary fire being present on every damn gun ), visuall it was nice, voice acting, character development and story were surprisingly good, hell this motherfucker is one of the most amusing characters you could meet. But I guess mediocrity of Unreal 2 is the exact reason why Unreal 3:The Daltoning will never happen.
>>
>>377010491
I regreted buying this and seeing all the mods going to unreal 4. Felted cheated in someway.

The box art was quite nice though.

All in all I love the art and all but these games, no matter how well made in beauty they are, it's just to fast pacing to look /admire it.

Even back then I've always wanted some kind of realistic mood for the game
>>
File: grapple.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
grapple.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>377014327
Quake has always had better CTF.
>>
Which one had Doomguy in it?
>>
>>377020340
>one was developed by id
>one was not developed by id
is this a real question
>>
>>377020470
It also had female Doomguy/Doomgal
>>
File: 8z6zoD7.png (334KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8z6zoD7.png
334KB, 640x480px
>>377020340
maybe the one by the same devs that made doom
>>
>>377020530
Crash is a separate character, at least according to whoever wrote those ancient character backstory tidbits- specifically, she was Doomguy's instructor before he got sent to da moon.
>>
>unreal/UT fag of the first hour
>UT pro and tourneyfag
>sequels suck except UT2k4 which is good but combat is too floaty
>haven't played shooters for a decade
>new UT announced
>super fucking HYPE, watch their stream etc.
>gonna play that shit on day 1 when it's out
>3 years pass
>it's still in pre-pre-pre-alpha or whatever
>literally fuckall happened
Man... I WANT this game to suceed even if I'm too old and bad for shooters now, but the new UT will be dead on arrival.
>>
>>377021592
There was an alpha...
>>
>>377021592
time to jump ship to quake, m8

we have cookies and quad damage
>>
>>377021842
Quake Champions will be a much better game than UT4 IF they fix the fucking netcode and performance.
>>
>>377021842
I love Quake too but I'm too bad for that now. I was only playing CTF seriously where my shitty aim didn't matter because I could out-maneuver opponents with superior movement. But in DM/TDM you don't really need much movement and I'm getting buttfucked by DMfags with their super low sens and hitscan weapons.
>>
>>377017328
>>377019618
awakening was a fun game with great environments, just like unreal 1. still alien, still believable, still overwhelming. i can't name a single bad level in unreal 2, and the atlantis interludes were a great story segue between them. having companions was a fun change of pace, too, even though they're outside of normal gameplay. makes it hurt all the more when you lose them.

>>377017384
>>377017526
H A L L O F G I A N T S
>>
>>377022553
Just use rocket launcher and spam their feet.
>>
File: unreal tournament snipe.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unreal tournament snipe.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>377007587
Quake for MP
Unreal for SP
>>
>xonotic dead
>warsow dead
>QL barely alive
>QC no classic mode
>UT shit
>>
>>377024532
>no classic mode
Yet.
>>
>>377007587
Hard call love them both.

Q3A for 1v1 and free for all.
UT for CTF and team related game modes.

I would give UT slight edge over Q3A just cos server browsers was much nicer.
>>
>>377024767
>Yet.
Ever.
Fuck, can't even play duel because you have to choose 3 characters to play with.
The games is ruined beyond repair.
>>
>>377025131
Classic was confirmed in the first interviews after its announcement.
>>
>>377024473

this
>>
>>377024473
UT for co-op and team games.
Quake for duel and duel only.
>>
>>377010229

Looks alright.
>>
>>377010945
>>377011056

Its awesome. Pity its full of cheating ruskies.
>>
Are they're many players playing UT4? I'd like to continue playing but I don't want dead servers. And steam release when? Its like they want their game dead.
>>
File: 2017-05-15 19_12_39.jpg (283KB, 1190x1372px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-15 19_12_39.jpg
283KB, 1190x1372px
>>377025764
>Are they're many players playing UT4?
no, pic is right now. there are more players on weekends in the evening, but i never saw more than 120.

>And steam release when?
maybe in 10 years when the game is finished
>>
>>377025764
The game is hardly being developed in pre-alpha
There's about 150 players tops, usually 40ish in game. normally about now.

This thing is deader than mechwarrior online.
>>
>>377026081

>literally more people are playing battleborn
>>
File: why cry.jpg (276KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
why cry.jpg
276KB, 512x448px
>>377026145
it hurts.

if only epic would put it on steam or do a little bit of advertising.
>>
>There will never be another Quake game that focuses on the medieval occult aesthetic like Quake 1

At least Champions is a step in the right direction. I'm tired of every Quake game trying to feel like 2 or 3. 1 had the best fucking aesthetic of any quake games.
>>
>>377007587
quake always
ut is too fucking slow

although for casual play ut is probably more fun with retarded shit like redeemer
>>
>>377007587
UT has more interesting weapons desu senpai.
>>
>>377007587
UT2k4 is probably my favorite of them all but that's because it had more casual modes and vehicles and shit.
>>
I always played UT99 with my friends because they were total fags, but I've always liked Q3A better.
>>
File: 345345345.jpg (99KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
345345345.jpg
99KB, 798x798px
2 dead franchises, who cares?
>>
>>377007587
So much ut lovers. Quake is more one-on-one game. And is fun when you know what you are doing. Maybe ffa games forr quick fun factor. Ut had too much of useless overdesigned shit. I love both but they played different back in '99-01
>>
>>377026814
Quake isn't dead
Casual
>>
>>377011682
I hope Quake lights a fire under their asses. It would take maybe two months of full time development to get Unreal into a form of beta
>>
>>377012157
small studios cannot make multiplayer only games. it's impossible.
>>
UT4 should come out on Steam in the free-to-play section.
>>
UT2k4=UT2k3>QL/VQ3>CPMA/Reflex Arena>Warsow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literal Dogshit> UT99, UT3 >>>>>>>>>> Elite Dogshit > UT4 > Quake Champions > Toxikk
>>
>>377027594
You're an inspiration for birth control.
>>
>>377027697
All videogames that you like are shit deal with it.
>>
UT nigga, of course
>>
>>377020086
CTF is literally the only good arena gamemode apart from FFA

every shooter map should be balanced around CTF
>>
>>377007916
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>377027769
>All videogames are shit deal with it
ftfy
>>
>>377027952
I'm glad we could agree on something.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.