[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Zelda mobile game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1494264519615m.jpg (130KB, 728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494264519615m.jpg
130KB, 728x1024px
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is reporting that Nintendo is developing a Legend of Zelda game for smartphones. Having taken the plunge into mobile gaming in the past year with Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes (plus social app Miitomo, if anyone remembers that) it would appear that the Big N is looking to capitalize on the Zelda franchise’s current popularity following the success of Breath of the Wild.

The report is so far unconfirmed by Nintendo, however the WSJ is claiming the game is scheduled for release following the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile game, which they say is likely to appear in the second half of 2017. This correlates with President Tatsumi Kimishima’s stated desire to release two to three new mobile games within the next financial year.

What form the game takes is anyone’s guess. Whilst Nintendo’s initial approach was a premium price point with Super Mario Run, the free-to-play ‘gachapon’ style of Fire Emblem Heroes has yielded higher profits despite it’s install base being ten times smaller than that of the portly plumber’s game. That said, Kimishima has reiterated that the company isn’t done with the premium mobile game model yet, so it’s entirely possible that we could see a free to play Animal Crossing game followed by a premium priced Zelda offering.

What sort of mobile Zelda game would you like to see? Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks style touch adventure, or something more akin to a spinoff like a “Tingle Match 3” or “Skulltula Go”?

https://zeldauniverse.net/2017/05/15/a-legend-of-zelda-smartphone-game-is-reportedly-in-development/

I have to say Skulltula Go sounds pretty nice
>>
im imagining a shitty version of triforce heroes
>>
It seems unlikely it will play like an actual zelda game
>>
>>377007496
This
>>
>>377007172
Don't give a shit unless they're wasting resources trying to make a proper 2D Zelda for fucking phones. Anything with serious effort put into it needs to stay on consoles/handhelds.
>>
>inb4 Botw is better, the cycle never ends

thank god I stopped caring about Nintendo after the GC
>>
>>377007496
Triforce Heroes was already a colossal piece of trash.
>>
File: wario.png (4KB, 303x243px) Image search: [Google]
wario.png
4KB, 303x243px
I demand more zelda booty
>>
How long till botw gets btfo by this mobile game.
>>
>>377007172
BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP
>>
>>377007172
I always assumed WSJ stood for Weekly Shonen Jump
>>
>>377008628
this

its the only reason ive kept this tab open
>>
File: 1494287800046.jpg (376KB, 719x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494287800046.jpg
376KB, 719x1200px
>>
>>377009067
That's because you're a fu- wait, yeah. Me too.
>>
>>377007172
how many frogs did she need 2 eat 2 get thicc
>>
>>377008972
I want to eat out Zelda's asshole while she farts on me!
>>
Zelda games at DS were with touch controls, so maybe they will use similar formula but with much more simplified gameplay and it won't be as big as the regular Zelda games.
>>
File: downhill.jpg (52KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
downhill.jpg
52KB, 399x464px
>>377007172
Why do people spend so much money on mobile games /v/?
>>
>>377007172
I'ma be honest, everytime I hear more shit like this it just pushes me further away from this amiibo and motion control shit slingin company. I wish the fuckin Wii never happened, it and Iwata are the reasons they went down this path.
>>
>>377010760
I think Nintendo just wanted to opt out of the console wars and put themselves in a position where no one would even think to compare them to Sony or Microsoft anymore.

for better or for worse
>>
>>377010760
That was just them going back to their roots as a company. From a business standpoint it worked, brilliantly.
>>
>>377010881
So long as Nintendo creates a videogame platform, their will be comparisons and the fans will put them in competition in their minds. Nintendo are not special snowflakes.

I say this as a former fan whose played and bought their shit since the mid 80's. They're not important anymore, and the industry doesn't need their presence. Microsoft and Sony are going to do what they've been doing regardless of their presence. Nintendo being there isn't some magical barrier preventing the industry from ruin.

Nintendo put themselves in this position by playing special fart of sunshine thinking that after the novelty of the Wii wore off that they could keep playing the weak hardware with gimmick with hardware shortages. It doesn't matter if switch is selling because Nintendo has no hardware foothold in gaming anymore BECAUSE of THEIR OWN poor regressive choices.

Nintendo has to, at this point, compete, get the fuck out, or go third party because they already submitted control of gaming to two super corporations that have no business in gaming in the first place.
>>
>>377011450
What's wrong with them just doing their own thing? Would it be so bad if we had like two or three Nintendo-esque companies that just did their own video gaming thing?
>>
>>377011450
>This platform getting a foothold doesn't matter because they don't have a foothold
What?
>>
>>377010881
I think you mean the opposite. Both Sony and MS are making their consoles more and more like a PC. They're the ones that trying to opt out of the console industry and move into the PC gaming territory. MS realize they already have a significant share of the PC market so they're phasing out of their XBox line. Nintendo is doing what they have always been doing, and that's making a pure gaming console.
>>
>>377013047
This is the fucking thing. The Switch is the only console this generation that isn't just doing what my PC does but worse. It actually offers new, interesting things in both hardware and software.
They've also deliberately avoided launching it with a web browser, media player or streaming options. Since it's meant to play fucking video games. Not be a tablet. You already own a dozen things that do all that anyway.
>>
>>377007172
stop posting that pic i can't masturbate
>>
>>377008614
It wasn't bad actually. The idea was great, it's just that playing with randoms is damn awful, and they didn't let us play with online friends (EVEN FINDING PEOPLE THAT OWN THE GAME IS A FUCKING HASSLE) It needed lobbies/rooms and a friend system.
>>
it's going to be aonuma's actual dream game

where everyone toon link and in the format of ALBW (aka nu-Zel2Da) gameplay
>>
>>377009814
>That's because you're a fu-
Fujoshi?

GET OUT OF MY /v/ TUMBLR
>>
Korok Hunting Augmented Reality game.
Guaranteed.
>>
>>377014854
>>>/y/
>>
>>377014947
would play
>>
>>377007172
I would suspect that it's some kind of mini-dungeon crawler, with classic LoZ aesthetics. That seems the most doable on a mobile platform.
>>
>>377015223
no no

that's your place to go, senpai
>>
>>377007172
*slap slap lslap*
mmmmm look at that FINE ASSS JIGGLE
>>
G A C H A
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.