[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of picking this up on vita, is it worth paying full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
Thinking of picking this up on vita, is it worth paying full price for? I don't really give a shit that it's a shameless 2D dark souls rip-off, I've been looking for a game of this type to play at work since I've gotten bored of MHFU.

Reviews and shit seem to be glaring, but I'm always skeptical of them, especially of 2hard4u games like this as people just seem to praise them to not seem like scrubs.
>>
It's a Dark souls rip-off, but done good.
I had fun with it, but avoid Dex builds.
>>
It's quite fun, and worth 15-20 bucks. Good amount of content with a good amount of game time.
>>
It's okay
>>
It's fun, give it a try.
>>
not at full price, no. the weapons and magic suffer from both a lack of variety (moveset wise you basically just have heavy sword/axe/mace, light those and dagger while magic spells mainly look like the same spell in a diferent color outside of buffs) and balance (heavy weps make everything else look like a joke).

Bosses range from getting stomped within 5 seconds of the fight starting to killing you instantly with homing magic/gravity/some other cheap bs. There's very little middleground between joke fight and unfair fight.

Art is also ugly for the chars but you can see that yourself.

The world isn't particularly interesting but you have no real reason to care about it anyways. Map design is mostly decent but nothing special.

Basically its okay at best
>>
outside of the awful character models it's a decent metroidvania that's basically 2D souls
>>
>>377006005
>shit bosses

Really? That sucks, I thought it would be easier to created balanced and interesting bosses on a 2D plane.

The other stuff I'm not so worried about. I wasn't expecting good world building from an indie game like this, and I tend to use the same type of weapons in Souls games anyway, so a massive variety never really bothered me.
>>
Anyone here played the local coop? how is it?
>>
>>377006694
it's a great couch co-op game. it can be pretty difficult too, bosses don't fuck around with 2 players.
>>
>>377006532
A lot of criticism I read online is about the bosses either being too easy or too hard, but that's not entirely accurate. Bosses have specific strengths and weaknesses, so the kind of class you're playing will drastically affect if the boss is going to be easy or difficult. It's intended to be like that so no matter what class you play you're going to get into situations where you're at a disadvantage. It's supposed to be difficult to try and tank through everything. People who complain just need to git gud.
>>
>>377006532
Its kind of like how Dark Souls bosses are really bad if you use great scythe, pyromancy/magic/faith and simply do so much damage they die before getting to do anything.
Except in this game nearly every choice you have is as broken v a single target as those things were in Dark Souls so you have to intentionally gimp yourself and hope you like the movesets of the weaker crap for the bosses to do much other than die. I didn't like those movesets since I've always been a strength main in Souls games so my choice was to make it no fun by being too strong or no fun by using boring weps.

If you want the bosses to be fun you have to like playing in a very specific way.
>>
>>377005756
its pretty good Dark Souls + Metroidvania
>>
Most boss fighta are horribly unbalanced and the difficulty is tryhard, they think being hard is what makes darksouls.
Still addicting as fuck unfortunately.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.